Go to the Main Business Forum page

Need some brainstorming help [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need some brainstorming help

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Robert J.
March 20, 2011, 05:28 PM
OK, Sowpub thinkers. You guys are full of great ideas that keep me coming back to this forum for fun and education.

Now here's the challenge.
I am looking for a part-time business that I can run side-by-side with my high-school son. Jobs for teens are tough to come-by here, and what I'd like to do three fold:
1) supplement my own income (very important)
2) provide a opportunity for my son to earn some coin, too
3) develop something that my son can operate through his high school years, and possibly during college.
4) I can spend some money to get rolling (actually, very little in the overall scheme of things), but it will be necessary to find something fairly "cheap" to make this viable.
(Wow, this is going to be a tougher challenge than I thought!)

Adding to the challenge:
1) going to need something that interests "the boy," so he'll have "veto power" on any idea ...
2) this will have to be something that we can work on flexible hours, after the business day and on Saturday and/or Sunday.
3) ideally, this would be something that will require some hands-on effort (in other words, I would love to help him turn into a teen-aged internet-cash-machine, but I think he would rather spend his computer time playing World of Warcraft, so getting him away from the PC and "focusing" on making a buck will be helpful.

I already socked him with an idea involving a lawnmower or two, but the economy has created an incredible glut of grass-smiths/landscapers in our densely populated area. also, the price of admission (equipment purchases beyond our one "residential use" mower) is a major obstacle.

I was hesitant to post this request of ideas, but decided this could be some good grist to get some nice "the-weather-is-getting-better-let's-go-make-some-money" discussion going.

Thanks! In advance!!

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page