Go to the Main Business Forum page

YouTube and Amazon SLAP downs. [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : YouTube and Amazon SLAP downs.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

GordonJ
June 17, 2011, 08:57 AM
Almost 2 years ago I commissioned a couple of writers to become experts on the development of the Google software which could read videos. It was about 90% developed then.

My group accurately predicted it would be a game changer for YouTube and all video content sites as far as indexing and getting good search engine results were concerned. I also warned people (and still do) that Google has a vested interest in the search results and they have covert technologies that benefit GOOGLE.

If you have built a business on the sands of Google searches, including YouTube content or your income comes from Amazon affiliates, or you are 100% Internet reliant on your income...be aware of the shifting tides and the storms about to hit your business.

See, you have relied upon a 3rd party. An entity which is all about itself, despite what it tells you. Google is about becoming a bigger company. The famed Google Slap really upset those who depended upon SEO for their incomes.

All I'm saying is: Get Diversified as Fast as you can.

NEW Software in development and soon to hit the markets will once again be a game changer for IM.

Develop a PORTFOLIO of income sources which will allow you to turn quickly away from a Google punishment, such as taking down your videos on YouTube because the software is set to "punish, or disable" any keywords that it doesn't like...such as make money.

Continue to extract as much income as you can from your IM, BUT, protect yourself from having the rug pulled out from underneath of you NOW...before your beautiful castle on the Google/Amazon beach gets wiped out from a storm created by those in control.

Look to keep some of your income eggs into off line activity, perhaps as an absentee business owner, and to build solid businesses which are not dependent totally on IM to succeed.

Still do your thing which has been successful, but don't get lulled into a false sense of securtiy when you have built an income stream upon someone else's shore.

Be prepared for More of the Same and STUDY what Google likes on YouTube and create products and services which HELP Google/Amazon and other 600 pound Gorillas grow to 800 pound Gorillas. That's business security, so to speak.

And get some offline activity going too.

We're just starting to see the horror stories with YouTube videos...so prepare yourself.

gjabiz

PS. My team's recommendation was (and is) IF you want to remain a YouTube/Video Marketer, get in synch with the software and get a good grasp of what it likes and doesn't like. Got some kitty videos? Use them smartly (sign in background?).

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page