Go to the Main Business Forum page

Why the wildfires will bring us a hurricane OR a butterfly in Africa sneezed. [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Why the wildfires will bring us a hurricane OR a butterfly in Africa sneezed.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

GordonJ
June 22, 2011, 09:59 AM
I'm over 70% with my predictions...which means I'm WRONG about one third of the time. NOT great odds to bet on.

Several years ago I wrote a little piece called The Winds of Change. This was before the economic meltdown and the housing crisis.

My advice then, as it is today is to "work for the best but prepare for the worst".

This January I wrote about the severe weather, tornadoes and flooding but even I didn't think record breaking type stuff.

As I write this today part of America is on fire, literally, while other parts are being flooded. Wouldn't it be great if we could divert the flood waters to the fires?

Well, there is a lot of smoke going into the air. Mixing with the trace amounts of radio active air from Japan, combining with the coal burning, auto emissions and volcanic ash.

Which is making a Western African butterfly sneeze, which causes him to flap his little wings a tad bit faster...which excites the air coming across the desert, over the rain forests and hitting the warm waters off the West African Coast.

And they call the wind Maria(h). The rain is Tess, the fire's Jo and they call the wind Maria. From a Kingston Trio ditty of traditional folk songs.

Tess is flooding the central plains costing thousands of acres of crops to either not get planted or to get in the ground late.

Jo is burning across the southern USA like wildfire...er, it is wild fire. A precursor to dust bowl conditions.

Mariah the wind, in the form of Tornadoes have been the deadliest on record.

Maria the Hurricane, coming this October? could be the tipping point for the USA. I missed the CA earthquake last year, which I predicted would also be in October. This year, it could be a one-two punch.

And with conditions in the South Pacific as they are, there is a good chance for a SUPER hurricane to form in the Gulf of Mexico as one from the Western Shores of Africa meets up with one that cuts across the Yucatan Peninsula and joins forces in the Gulf with devastating results.

Remember, I'm WRONG a huge percent of the time.

What I haven't been wrong about is this:

Preparation for disaster, man or Nature made, is a good thing to do.

Have an Emergency Plan in place.

What harm will it do you to have a lot of EXTRA Cash, some stored Food and a group of people who also prepared and able to assist each other if a storm comes along? I can't think of any.

Make some moolah NOW. Buy some extra FOOD now. Join together to build a strong network of people who don't have their head in the sand.

And I'll play my harmonica. "Sing along".

"Way out West, they got a name for Wind and Rain and Fire,
The Fire's Tess, the Rain is Jo and they call the wind Maria."

Gordon Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page