Go to the Main Business Forum page

Food for thought... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

GordonJ
September 27, 2011, 10:28 AM
I love Michael Senoff at Hard to Find Seminars...interesting stuff...and yesterday morning a link to a new interview

http://www.hardtofindseminars.com/How_To_Buy_A_Trailer_Park.htm

And I read the PDF, can't spend the time to listen or watch, but I can zoom through a pdf in a couple of minutes.

AND, I thought at the end, it's nothing I'd do.

OK and Alrighty then.

Then I sell a window air conditioner and the buyer is a shoolteacher who sold his house in two weeks and was forced to find emergency shelter...and he bought a trailer for 1200 dollars in a Stow, OH (nice area) trailer park. You'll see the coincidence after you read and/or listen to the report.

THEN, later that evening, I'm talking to a guy who actually has DONE this, and tells me about some guru of Trailer Park marketing, a guy from NC I think.

See, what is good about mobile homes or trailers is...they are chattel. NOT Real Estate.

Anyhow, although it is not my cup of tea, I did get a couple of good ideas from this...it might be worth checking into.

It made me think about MOBILE businesses, such as the kind that follow state and county fairs, yea, we know about elephant ears and junk food...and those games where you spend a buck to win a 10 cent stuffed animal from China...

But, there are many mobile businesses...the kind you can carry around in a small suitcase to either DO a service, or sell something...

And, I have to imagine some of the methods used to acquire trailers could be applied to these mobile BUSINESSES.

Anyhows, people need a place to stay...the trailer park is one of the fastest growing areas...and if the economy continues...more and more people will consider this option...although the interview targets the LOW end...there is potential there at all levels...just some FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

Gordon Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page