Go to the Main Business Forum page

Due Diligence and How to Evaluate a Business or Money Making Opprotunity...ONE [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Due Diligence and How to Evaluate a Business or Money Making Opprotunity...ONE

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

SteveSki
November 2, 2011, 11:12 AM
I can vouch for Address America. Made a lot of money installing their Nightvision Address signs in Pa and NJ from 96 to 2004. Another Sowpub member (Lawrence) taught me how to boost my response by door knocking instead of using Address America Flyers. $1000+ days were common but I haven't worked that Biz-Op since moving to Australia in 2004 but from what David Ashley tells me the signs are still selling very well. David teaches a non sales marketing system of posting his magic flyers on doors. I remember that first spring day I put out my first 300 flyers back in 96 which was before David developed the address signs.

The flyer was an offer to paint reflective house numbers on the curb in front of the house. The flyer instructed anyone interested in having the service done to just write their house number on the back of the flyer and tape it up inside of a window so the flyer could be seen from the street. Boy was I excited the next day when I counted 31 homes with flyers in the windows. At $15 per job I made $465 minus about $5 per house for paint, reflective glass beads and Jumbo Size plastic house numbers that we would give to the home owner for their house or garage and the catalogue of health products we gave each customer to increase back end profits.

Later that year we started to hand make the first address signs which were OK but nothing like the ones David started to mass produce the following year
with super reflective number made by 3M on each side of the signs.

Address America is a great fly low, collect the dough biz-op. David has sold millions of them. Marketing them door to door was a great experience for me but it was just a Biz-op, not a real business. It was a way to make money but I was still self-employed... meaning I owned a job and didn't get paid for any days that I didn't work.

Today I prefer to be a business founder and have others do the work for me although I still do plenty myself most days while I continue to systemize the business so it can run without me.

Anyone who is considering doing Address America is welcomed to use the Door Knock presentation that Lawrence taught me by downloading the Magic Marketing.zip folder at: http://www.divshare.com/download/16090416-2f1

I bet the headlight cleaning Biz-Op is everything that Gordon and Boz Claim it is. In fact - you'll see that I have redirected one of the links on my old Magic Marketing Flyers to their sales page!

Cheers,
Steve
www.RisingIncome.com

PS: You can download the official Address America Operations Manual at http://www.addressamerica.com/mav/OperationManual2006.pdf

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page