Go to the Main Business Forum page

Another way I’ve been making some easy money is by making “A Frame signs.” [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Another way I’ve been making some easy money is by making “A Frame signs.”

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Jason Hatchett
January 8, 2012, 01:17 PM
Another way I’ve been making some easy money is by making “A Frame signs.” What I do is go to Lowes & buy one piece of plywood, 4’X8” and I have them cut it for me into 4 - 2’X4’ pieces. So I can make 2 signs from 1 piece of plywood. Then I buy some cheap hinges & some white paint. Then I go to my shop & screw two hinges to the top of two boards & paint them white. Takes about 15 minutes.

Then I place a ad on Craigslist in the business section that looks like this:

HEADLINE: 2'X4' SIGN - $65

Large 2'X4' Freestanding A-Frame Sidewalk Sign Board.
Just attach your sign to each side and advertise.
An affordable and effective way to bring people into your business.
Great for restaurants, pubs, video stores, repair shops, jewelry stores and service stations, real estate agents.
Nice, white surface & ready for vinyl lettering, painting or simply adhering posters.
Handmade solid wood construction, metal hinges.
You can search around online and buy them anywhere from $80 to over $200 plus $10 to $20 for shipping.
This One's ONLY $65
Call Jason (509) 939-5683

I don’t want the ad to look like I’m in the business of making signs because it will get flagged. I want it to look like a guy who has a sign he don’t need anymore.

That’s it. I was selling 2 to 6 signs a week. The signs cost around $15 to make so the profit is $50 a sign.

Hope someone can use this info to help out their family.

Thank You,
Jason Hatchet
http://MoreGreen.info

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page