Go to the Main Business Forum page

Seeking idea for $50-$100 small business services or products to offer. [Archive] - Page 10 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Seeking idea for $50-$100 small business services or products to offer.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

BizmanBret
February 15, 2013, 12:18 PM
Great ideas-thank you! Here is one of my ideas that "paid" off. Don Alm actually inspired me several years ago to sell ads on a magnet. I designed a 6" X 4" maget and sold 1/2" spots to local businesses. I touted it as a "business directory" and sold about 28 spots at $150 each. I also told business that I would print up 5000 magnets and deliver them to every door in town. I neted several thousand dollars on this project. I was somewhat known in town, but not as a marketer. It was hard work, but if you can walk in and ask for the owner and show them an example(mock-up) you can do this. Another way to do this would be to sell less ads and charge more. Don's ideas do work if you work. I hope this inspires someone to go for it. Also, I am a middle school PE teacher in Iowa. Thanks again to those who have taken their time to share ideas.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page