Go to the Main Business Forum page

Co-working [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Co-working

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Dien Rice
May 14, 2014, 04:03 PM
Hi Sowpubbers!

I've been working from home for... well over a decade now. I've gotten a couple different shorter-term jobs during that time (I was a university lecturer for a year, and had an adventure working in South Korea for a few months, too, several years back)... But, 90% of the time the last 14 years I've been working from home.

However, I'm trying something new... Co-working (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coworking)!

That's where you can rent space at a desk or table, as part of an "office" - along with others who are also doing their own thing.

(I've considered renting an office before, but I like having people around me, rather than being all by myself in my own office... I've had that experience already...)

I just signed up as a member of a co-working office not too far from me, we'll see how it goes... (I've been thinking about doing this for the last year or two, but this is the first time a co-working office has appeared close enough to where I live...)

I think working outside of home, in that environment, my productivity will probably improve compared to working from home...

Anyone had any experience like this? Or had experience working in your own office outside of home, vs. working at home?

- Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page