Go to the Main Business Forum page

$350 A DAY [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : $350 A DAY

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Don Alm
August 15, 2014, 01:23 AM
I was visiting one of my advertising clients this morn (a big Used Car Lot) when I saw a familiar van pull up.

I saw the sign on the side of the van and I remembered I had met this guy a few years ago. I finished my biz with the lot owner and went over and re-introduced myself and asked "How it going?" He said, "Great....still seeing 8 lots a day, 4 days a week.....still doin' 10 to 12 cars a day. Lookin' for a buyer for my biz. Know anyone lookin' for a biz to start?"

I asked him to give me some details and I'd pass the word.

Turns out he's still doing the same as when I first met him on another lot a few yrs ago.

He started a Mobile Auto Detailing biz a few yrs ago, going around to Car Lots.....restoring the black plastic on door handles, rear view
mirrors and bumpers and cleaning headlights. He also did Paint Chips.

A guy in an auto parts store introduced him to "BIG D ODOR FOGGER"!
.....for removing foul odors from interiors. He buys the cans for $36 for
a case of 12 and found he can charge $35 per vehicle....to DE-odorize.

He told me the "Fogger" makes for a Great Demonstration because when he sets the can on the floor and pops the top....the interior fills with a fog and when it dissipates...the foul odor is gone.

Since he was getting older, he decided to give up all the other stuff and just do the Odor Removal. He organized 8 lots in 4 different areas. He
does 8 lots a day.... days a week.....doing 10 to 12 cars a day...40 to 50 cars a week for a nice weekly Gross of $1,400 to $1,800 a week.

So....give this some serious thought.

Don Alm

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page