Go to the Main Business Forum page

The PERFECT business for you... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The PERFECT business for you...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

GordonJ
January 31, 2015, 04:48 PM
may not suit me. There is no "one size fits all".

What is your idea of the perfect biz?

To start a discussion, I'll share my opinion on a "perfect biz" as well as a good one which may not be perfect, but may be right for you, ok?

PERFECT biz: Represented by three men.

HARVEY BRODY. Home office, no employees, multimillion dollar international biz with a small customer list (some have been customers for over 50 years)...no inventory, warehouse, or touching of product, his customers on automatic reorder schedules. Perfect biz for him (and I wouldn't mind it)...but even better...

LEONARD COHEN. Songwriter who wrote HALLELUJAH, one of the most recorded and covered songs ever. Reportedly pulls in well over a million dollars a year in royalties, for work he did back in 1984 and went big in the 90's, and there may be over 300 different recordings out there.

I would like to work hard on something for a short period of time and collect millions of dollars. PERFECT biz, but even better...

CHARLES SCHULZ, gone from us for 14 years, his estate still collects millions of dollars of licensing royalties.

Alas, I have ZERO musical or artistic talent, so unless I acquire the rights for something that hits it big, not much chance of replicating the last two.

I have other similar"perfect" businesses in mind and many that are good to great.

A good business is one you enjoy and it makes you a decent income, a great one is evergreen, can be sold off, you enjoy but it could be absentee owned.

So what is your idea of a perfect business?

Gordon Jay Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page