Go to the Main Business Forum page

"Reality"in Sales [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : "Reality"in Sales

Pages : [1] 2

Don Alm
April 3, 2015, 04:19 PM
Okay.....one of my "students" wanted to do a "Take-Out Menu" program at a Popular Local Restaurant. I gave her a few samples and some input on HOW to "Get Biz people to pay her!"

She got the OK to provide the Take-Out Menus for FREE (from the restaurant owner).....got a list of the restaurant's suppliers and REGULAR diners and proceeded to contact AND SELL 9 of the 12 Spaces.....then....bango-mango.....she had 3 spaces left, which she was selling for $290 and.....called me this morn for "Advice" because she had only sold 9 Spots @ $290 ea! and wanted my advice on what to do about the 3 remaining spots,

So.....I told her....let's see, you have 9 biz committed for $290.....= $2,610 and your cost is $560.....let's see.....right now...as we speak.....if You choose to "Shut It Down".....YOU will wind up with CASH IN FIST of $2,610 - $560 = $2,050!

So.....what if you were to go back to 3 who rejected your offer OR.....go to 3 NEW prospects....show them the NINE who've accepted and.....offer them $100 for the same deal! This will bring your CASH IN YER JEANS an extra $300 for a total of .....$2,350!

HEY! $2,350 is more than $2,050! On my cheapie, Solar, $6, Calculator!

So.....guess what.....she just phoned me and.....SHE GOT THE 3!

Now.....this is NOT "Long-Term" retirement stuff..... BUT.....what SHE did was to "EASE THE STRESS" of wondering whether she can PAY her rent....or Buy Gas or....Food!

SHE NOW HAS $2,350 COMING IN ON A SIMPLE IDEA THAT SHE.....WENT OUT AND COLLECTED LOCAL CHECKS FOR! YOU kiddin' ME! There are 92 MILLION people in AMERICA who have STOPPED LOOKING FOR A JOB! You will NEVER HEAR THIS FROM NEWS MEDIA! The truth is.....these people are NOT included in the "UN-Employment" numbers! What you WILL hear and read (Makes ME Sick) is that....our present "REGIME" has caused a FIVE-POINT FIVE UN-Employment Rate!

HORSE-HOCKEY! IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.....US "AMERICANS" ARE BEING LIED TO DAILY, BY OUR GUMMIT....about how ....the Economy is doing! Ya Right.....I'll take you to folks in MY area who've been LOOKING FOR A JOB....FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS! TO NO AVAIL!

Anyways.....I got excited about what a "Single-Mom" has done.....so...I thought I'd share it with you.

AND......I got a BIG HUG today..... and.....thanks for letting me relay this REAL LIFE experience on this Forum.

Don Alm.....I WORK FOR HUGS!

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page