Go to the Main Business Forum page

The coffee jeep at Central Park. [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The coffee jeep at Central Park.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

GordonJ
November 25, 2015, 10:06 AM
Across from Trump towers, and before you get to Trump Ice Rink in Central Park, there is a jeep. A coffee jeep. Pic attached.

When I was in NYC, I spoke to scores of street vendors, trying to get a feel for their businesses. Tons and tons of hot dogs, pretzels and drinks, and food and coffee are sold daily in NYC.

This JEEP vendor, had a self contained unit, drive up, set up and drive away.

Self0-contained, even beans on top, he said WATER was the crucial part, but he had tricks to keep it handy.

Anyhow, as we discuss the many money making ventures all around us, it is great to see people out there doing it, and adapting for their customers.

The jeep had huge tires, looked like a reinforced axle of some kind, and could haul a ton of stuff, probably quite literally.

Coffee, which is water and some ground up beans have some of the highest profits in the food industry, just ask Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts, or Folger's and Maxwell House.

I took a lot of pictures in NYC, which will pop up as discussion warrants.

I suspect LOCATION plays a big part, as it does in any food cart business, but, downtown, midtown and uptown, and in the boroughs, TONS of these food vendors abound.

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page