Go to the Main Business Forum page

Seeing "connections" Making "connections"... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Seeing "connections" Making "connections"...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Fishman
January 12, 2016, 04:05 PM
I just had a thought...and I may be way off with this thinking...I know someone here has to know...Has anyone thought about all the dead links that exist on websites? I ask because it would seem to me that if you have a link page on your site...wouldn't you want those links to be and stay active? I would think that would be a good source of affiliate/JV income. My thoughts were this...

Why are website owners not keeping their links active? And for whatever reason that they are not...What if you came along and found all those dead links, made them active again (in some way, maybe the site isn't up anymore and the domain is free) and then for doing so, get your cut of the RENEWED/REFRESHED/NEW traffic/income?

It seems almost too simple. I say that because with just an internet search I find all kinds of sites offering software that will find those dead links for you.

So why wouldn't the site owner/owners do it themselves?

Is it because they are too busy RUNNING there business? Kind of like Gordon told me about another biz/marketing situation?

Seems like a PERFECT opportunity to get control of an underutilized asset.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Fred

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page