Go to the Main Business Forum page

Secret Persuasion Techniques: Confidence, Conviction and Certainty [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Secret Persuasion Techniques: Confidence, Conviction and Certainty

GordonJ
March 22, 2016, 10:55 AM
all add up to

Charisma. Or unconscious influence.

With Donald "Biff" Trump we are getting a front row seat to the persuasion techniques used on the masses.

More on Biff later.

I was watching a guy on youtube last night showing how he does his remote control of someone on the phone, he was in NY and some guy who owned a pizza shop in Iowa or Idaho (or somewhere out there) and he was demonstrating his powers of phone selling.

At some point I couldn't tell him from Jordan Belfort or Ross Mandell, they all sound pretty much the same.

Whether you are a big time con artist like Belfort or Mandell, or a small time operator using your "remote control" skills, there are certain factors which come into play...these being:

CERTAINTY and CONFIDENCE.

Conviction sells, at a very subliminal level.

Be it Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar or Bernie Madoff or even BIFF,

the hidden appeal of a person who is sure of himself wields tremendous power over those in the herd, who have self doubt.

OR, have a certainty about their own views. As in the herds of the Christian Right or the Wall Street money changers.

So, if you want to influence a given group of people,

be certain about what they believe and then just get in their parade and go to the front.

This political season is so thrilling because of the contrast between the Confidence of Biff vs. the ever changing, malleable, "what do you want to hear" voice of Billary, who serves up whatever conviction the crowd in front of her wants to hear.

If you want to start your own Cult for fun and profit, you are getting a great education on exactly how to do it.

This, I'm certain about.

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page