Go to the Main Business Forum page

Most people don't want to set goals. [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Most people don't want to set goals.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

GordonJ
May 23, 2016, 11:15 AM
My conclusion. The majority of people do not want goals.

AND, of those that do, most of them QUIT.

Many a moon ago, I posted up the POA.
http://sowpub.com/sq1/poa.php

And on this version, I placed 7 points of exit along the route to reaching a goal.

15 years later, I believe this to be SPOT ON.

Last year, I conducted several experiments. One of those was reaching out to the supposedly "desperate" people at the Warrrior Forum. It is one of the most viewed threads and is never far from the top page of the main forum.

My response (#67) was- 'DO SOMETHING'

So, I reached out to some of the desperate people early last year, with the idea I'd track them for a year to see if they DID do anything.

And guess what or as Gomer Pyle might say..."SURPRISE, SURPRISE" most of them are still desperate.

None of them died of their situation, as dire as they made it sound. None were thrown into the streets, all still have Internet access and none of them have reached self sufficiency. Or even a modicum of decent income.

Perhaps it was because they were found at the Warrior forum, which attracts a lot of desperate people, but, the common denominator, they all quit their goals. The ones that actually set them.

So, tell me I'm wrong.
Please.

But I think most people would rather lament and cry over their current situation than to take action and sustain it until they reached their goal.

AND, most don't want goals. And those that set them... MOST QUIT.

At one of the first 3 exits on the POA.

Few get to the top and fewer still break through to the results they want on their lifeline.

Their wants are wishes and "bows and flows of angel hair, ice cream castles in the air."

Gordon

PS. Other tests from last year will be posted about later, some of you will recognize yourselves, for sure.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page