Go to the Main Business Forum page

The "Brexit" opportunity... and a Great "classic" TV show about scams and cons... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The "Brexit" opportunity... and a Great "classic" TV show about scams and cons...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Dien Rice
June 26, 2016, 10:28 PM
There's so much going on...

I've been fascinated by the "Brexit" (UK vote to exit from the European Union). When you read how it happened, it was almost like an "accident" - British prime minister David Cameron promised the vote on it to quieten down certain members of his party. I think nobody really expected that the UK would leave the EU.

Now... It looks like it could break up the United Kingdom, as Scotland and Northern Ireland may choose to leave the UK, and stay in the EU, while England and Wales go their own way...

With any change, there are always opportunities. I know that some people guessed right, and made very good money betting on the crash of the British pound (i.e. shorting the pound) in the aftermath of the vote... (I don't do this kind of trading, but I know people who do these kinds of trades...)

Anyway, in other news, I've been watching episodes of a great 1950s TV series, "Racket Squad!"

It's a hidden gem...

They took cases or real scams and cons, and turned them into TV episodes. Some of them are downright ingenious!

I think it's always good to know about scams and cons - so that you are not conned yourself. Unfortunately, the business world is full of such people...

I highly recommend the following episode - "The Case of the Perpetual Pellet." (The con is ingenious...)

(It's the first episode of 2 of them, put in one video back to back...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnnXzUNW8tI

You can find more episodes on YouTube!

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. Some of the episodes were sponsored by Philip Morris, so some of them have some very pro-smoking advertising messages interspersed throughout the episodes, for those who may wish to know about those ahead of time... The above two episodes are from season 1, and it looks like Philip Morris was not yet a sponsor at that stage...

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page