Go to the Main Business Forum page

Heat dome? Brown outs? Heat strokes? Riots? [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Heat dome? Brown outs? Heat strokes? Riots?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

GordonJ
July 22, 2016, 08:24 PM
Few riots occur in the Winter. When we go days, into weeks of an extended heat spell, several things happen (historically).

More people who don't have air conditioning are outside. In urban areas, this means a LOT of people. Those that have AC, may lose it when the electrical surge happens, and rolling brown outs happen along the major grids.

Seniors can't breathe, and are sensitive to heat, more ambulances in the streets (continuous sirens are known auditory triggers toward anger)...

The circus in Cleveland has left town, it used to come to the Richfield Coliseum and they would parade the elephants through town, and I always felt a sorrow for those sad looking creatures.

It was hot. Is is hot. I'll have my man on the street reports coming soon. Bottom line, I saw more sad elephants than Ringling Bros ever brought to town.

Have reports on the vendors, the local businesses and even some politics, without any rants one way or the other, OK?

And why GOLD is about to become near worthless, I'll give you an advance on that in two words...

Normalcy Bias.

A phrase most often found in the doom and gloom financial newsletters which tout gold as the best investment ever...

some of the same guys who, in 2006 said the housing market would never lose value...the best investment you can make, all but a few guys, including Michael Burry said otherwise.

I ain't no Dr. Burry, but the attitude toward gold today, echoes the experts of RE circa 2006.

I wonder if the publishers have their jets and yachts fueled up and are ready to lift anchor and kick out the chocks?

Wish I had an Ice Business.

GordonJ

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page