Go to the Main Business Forum page

Gordon: Thanks for the laughs ... [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Gordon: Thanks for the laughs ...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Richard Dennis
August 1, 2016, 03:54 PM
Arkansas, that group had some very interesting people, a rocket scientist, the above mentioned dentist...you and me, great fun.

We only recently recovered from the Rocky trade, when LeBron came home and gave us some light, not counting the 64 Browns, but the CURSE has been a long one...two days ago, before trades were nullified, I thought maybe the Indians had a chance, today...not so sure.

Hope you are doing well, might be down your way this winter, a little bit north of W. Palm to visit family, then hope to drive my RV to San Diego, for a final resting place.

I was with a group of Cub Scouts in 59, Rocky knocked two out of the park that day, never forget him, and the darkness which consumed Cleve ever since the trade.

Gordon

PS. Wanna help me write Super Secrets of Direct Response Copywriting...I have a recording somewhere of Halbert shouting, "try again sh!t weasel", as paper tears into small pieces, "this sucks!"
Gordon,

Copywriting secrets?

I'm not a big fan of Carlton, but he's the first thing that comes to mind when you ask.

Back in 1990, I was writing some pieces for Halbert's clients, and Carlton was reading one piece back to me and disputing almost every sentence. And what he said was, time after time after time ...

"SO WHAT?"

He said "So What?" probably 2 dozen times in the piece he was critiquing. It's crazy, it's been 26 years, but I can still hear his words in my ears.

I could tell you that the best thing I do in copywriting now is edit. I am ruthless in getting rid of anything that does not matter. I don't say "So what?" ... I don't need to, anymore ... but I did, for a long time.

If what you say does not matter - and matter a LOT - then your reader will disappear. I learned that lesson from Carlton.

Richard

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page