Go to the Main Business Forum page

The psychology of money... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The psychology of money...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dien Rice
August 13, 2016, 07:56 PM
Many people think they want money, but psychologically, deep down, they hate it...

This is the deeper issue that's holding them back!

There could be many reasons. For some, it relates to popular sayings such as "Money is the root of all evil"...

Nobody wants to be "evil," right?

Then there are those who take the opposite approach. If you have money, it must mean you've been blessed by a Higher Power...

To me, this is just going to the opposite extreme.

I know poor people, I know rich people. There are good and bad people in each category.

Pablo Escobar, the Cocaine king, was a very rich man. Kim Jong-Un, the dictator of North Korea, is also very rich. Both were/are also very evil.

Money in itself is not inherently evil. The actual original saying is "The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil" (1 Timothy 6:10).

As I understand it, you have to keep money in perspective. Don't let money rule over you, to the exclusion of other priorities like family and your health!

On the other hand, you need money to survive, and to support your loved ones. Surely having money to support yourself and your loved ones can't be a bad thing?!

This is a very deep issue... And it is not always an easy issue to deal with!

I'm speaking from experience... If you talked to me as a young man (in my 20s), I would say I had thought processes similar to the ones I'm talking about above... It's taken me a long time to get from there to here.

What you want is a balanced approach. Money is a tool... And just like any other tool, it can be used for good or evil...!

It is not "good" or "evil" in itself...

I just thought I'd throw the issue out there...!

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page