Go to the Main Business Forum page

HOW TO MAKE MONEY, A DEDICATED THREAD. [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO MAKE MONEY, A DEDICATED THREAD.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

GordonJ
August 15, 2016, 11:29 AM
Yes, screaming and yelling in all caps.
I'll make this a sticky if there is participation, or let it fade into SP oblivion if it is only me.

NO politics or philosophy, no theory, guesses or ideas...just tested and proven ways to make money. Online and offline.

I'll start with some personal ways and share some of the SowPub archives with you. First some basic basics, OK?

1) You don't get paid for doing nothing. Sure, someone could give you money, and not a loan...but then you aren't being PAID, are you?

2) Whatever it is you DO, to be paid, there must be an exchange of value, and it is not your value, it is what they, the buyer/market, is willing to pay.

3) Barter is a form of exchange of value.

OK, simple examples of my own history. When we were promoting our OFF-KEY SINGING TELEGRAM business, we set up a booth at the annual Flea Market in the East Drive-In in Tallmadge.

We sold giant chocolate chip cookies and I was inside a homemade juke box singing songs for a nickel.

We sold over 1000 cookies that day at a buck each. We passed out over 1000 business cards as well (each cookie had one attached), so more than 2,000 cards went out. We netted over 500 for the day, and had to hire additional singers for delivery.

Looking at just the COOKIE part of this day. I was up most of the night before baking the cookies in a pizza shop, one where I had worked full time in high school. I paid nothing for the use, just agreed to give the owner a vacation later in Aug. (for which he paid me too). So I BARTERED the work space and got the ingredients wholesale through him.

Once the cookies were cooled, I wrapped them in Saran wrap, then put a card in and wrapped them again.

They were huge giant, about 7" cookies. Also, we offered FREE lemonade with every cookie, we were targeting the kids, (the parents), and we did much business for kids parties down the road, as we expanded into character shows.

This is a person to person transaction and I start with this to show how simple it can be.

A- I had something for sale
B- They wanted it, paid for it.

That is a simple transaction. In order to get that simple exchange of value, I had to execute several prior transactions to get the cookie made.

The singing telegram business was a simple transaction, they called and made an appointment, we accepted payment, delivered the service, everyone was a happy party.

Simple transactions is where most people should start with their money making ventures, and not over complicate it.

On the Internet, I start people with a simple APV site, an AUTOMATED PRODUCT VENDING site, where a person can set up a vending machine like website...

The prospect puts money in, pushes a button

a PRODUCT comes out.

That product can be a one page report or even a simple list of things.

You'll find millions of APV sites on the Internet.

My friend Harvey Brody has assigned "Gears" to money making ventures, and this direct one to one transaction is a 1st Gear project.

When you get to the 6th and 7th gear, you're a full blown Entrepreneur.

The problem, too many IM gurus have convinced people they can skip shifting gears and start at the 6th or 7th gear. Go to Warrior Forum and find all kinds of skip the gears things you can waste your money on.

Some one to one transactions are very simple, uncomplicated...you want a bag of weed, meet me in the alley, bring cash, exchange. BOOM, pockets full of cash for the dealer (and prisons full of people costing us billions).

Simple transactions, online or off gives you a good foundation to either build upon or to SCALE up. It doesn't have to get big, you can drive a long way in first gear and take in the scenery, or you can shift gears and make the trip a little bit faster.

Some examples of simple transactions are:
Selling advertising vehicles to small businesses, like ads on a menu board. You don't need a lot of explanation for most simple transactions, as often as not it is seeing the people, the right people and plenty of them.

Next example, and this too became a $1,000.00 a DAY business.

ResumesPlus. I started a business while working for the county as a Job Developer for people with certain issues, mostly of the mental health variety, but also some with physical limitations.

The resume business came about as I was calling on local businesses trying to find jobs for my people, and often as not I would get this:

'Nothing at this time for your people, but if you know of anyone who could do _____________, then give me a call.'

So I started running little classified ads in weekly papers offering a FREE resume to those seeking a new job or for the unemployed. This was my lost leader, my LIST gathering device.

It didn't take long to accumulate a lot of names of people sorted by skills. If I had a match with one of my employers I was already working with, I'd hook them up for a fee.

This quickly evolved into a GUARANTEE, I could find them their IDEAL job in 90 days or they paid nothing, they paid 495 up front, and the clock started ticking.

The PROBLEM (for them) was, most could not describe what their IDEAL JOB would look like, so they were offered some paid job coaching services.

At the peak, I was getting 2 a day to pay me for their IDEAL job searches, and at least 8-10 in any given job coaching class. Still haven't seen any resume people doing this, and very damn few of them are making 1000 bux a day.

But, they do have nice certificates on their wall from some Resume Association (I missed the boat on that one).

There you go, a starting point for HOW TO MAKE MONEY.

I will continue to post up daily for a week, then this thread either gets stuck or allowed to roll off and enter archives and then, I'm pretty much on a politics and Entertainment mode only.

Any forum, is only as good as the people who choose to participate make it. So why not make this a good thread?

GordonJ

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page