Go to the Main Business Forum page

NO on "pattern interrupts". YES on Pre Occuptional Interrupters. [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : NO on "pattern interrupts". YES on Pre Occuptional Interrupters.

Pages : [1] 2 3

GordonJ
October 13, 2016, 06:08 PM
You NLP ers out there know what a pattern interrupt is, but, and this is especially true in REMOTE situations, you can't interrupt what you don't know...so it is a misnomer in copywriting and nlp selling by remote means.

Sure, it is a big part of FASCINATION, and when used in conjunction with a Pre-Occupational Interrupter, you can bypass conscious awareness.

By remote means, you have to guess, but you can hedge your bet via knowing where the Intersection is going to take place.

Consider walking down a street in the heart of New York City, as I did recently, surrounded by hoards of humanity. You get a red light, can't walk, so you strike up a conversation with the pretty girl next to you (and of course if you are Don Trump, Tic Tacs at the ready, you may even move in, cause, you know, you're a celeb an all that)...

But be it a little pitching of woo or a quick sales pitch, you aren't going to have much time with this person cause when the green light comes on, you move, whether you want to or not.

So those types of Intersections aren't all that great, unless you get their attention before they cross or after they cross as the great potato peeler salesman does.

Best remote intersection currently online is probably FACEBOOK, in general and even in a niche sort of a way...but facebook is like the big city, you have to find smaller intersections in neighborhoods you want to be in.

As I've pointed out, I belong to several Surplus/Liquidation facebook groups, it is an intersection of buyers and sellers.

So is ebay, Amazon and Craigslist and even Google (Shopping)...where you can find people walking down bookstore street, for example.

Say I write a book on Fascination for Sales, I'd probably put the book for sell in the section where people are already buying those kinds of books. Makes sense, right?

But my spam folder overflows with all kinds of idiot offers which I don't even look at. But, it is their time wasted, very little of my own...takes a few seconds to glance at spam and delete.

Now Facebook and Hillary Clinton are into MicroManaging DATA, which give me and Old Charley Green a thrill...just today I talked to a guy who has problems with meds because of his data...not his real condition, a broken ankle among other things. All the data says NO to his pain, for whatever reason...but the swelling and the grimace says he's in it.

Well, we are our data, or so they think, and we're cooperating with them too...well, most of us.

MicroTargeting voters in a county and using their data to construct a compelling "sales pitch" is one of the ways the elections have changed.

Anyhow, lost my train of thought....YIKES, gave myself a pattern interrutpt....

I'll have more on fascination when I get more feedback in.

Thanks,

GordonJ

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page