Go to the Main Business Forum page

Implement your simple ideas before they grow into monsters. [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Implement your simple ideas before they grow into monsters.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

GordonJ
October 15, 2016, 11:40 AM
In today's FLY LOW COLLECT DOUGH UPDATE HOTLINE, the takeaway is:

Implement your ideas.

One thing I've observed these last 16 years here is too many of you begin to OVERCOMPLICATE your idea, very early in the thinking stage.

By the time you have your billion dollar business built in your mind, you've skipped over the part of a thousand first, and before that make a buck.

UNLESS you introduce slop and mess into your project (one common one I've noticed this year is the "need" to use WordPress, at least 3 of you have stumbled over this speed bump very recently).

I am of the opinion, speed is more important than either perfection or following the crowd. 30 days.

YOU can create a product, have it for sale, set up and running, ready to drive traffic to it, in 30 days or less. Go beyond 30 days, then you should examine for slop and mess.

Sure, and OF COURSE, there are projects which take more time...but for many of you reading this and the Fly Low Update Hotline, you are your own worst speed bump.

When I talk on the phone, I found a lot of calculator types...if only 3 businesses a day sign up for my hotel lobby gizmo, then 15 a week x 4 = 60 x 395 each, and they repeat every year...WOWZA, I make a ton of money and move on to something else.

That might be a good way to sell some reports or consulting, but the real world is a bit more difficult than what the Supermen of selling would have us believe.

My opinion is get the thing out there, find out if it is as good as you think it is, then begin to build it up. There are two kinds of franchises today, some are brand new with only a few "tests" or beginning proof of concepts, and the other ones have a track record. I'm amazed at the new franchises and the costs people are willing to take on to simply buy themselves a job.

Spend 30 days, get SOMETHING to the market, sell baby sell, and build it up from there.
And forget about Wordpress for now, make some dough and buy a Fiverr or a starving Warrior who is an expert on Wordpress (or other software) and give a man a fish and feed him for the day, save your time for better things.

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page