Go to the Main Business Forum page

Questions about Jobs, Resumes, Training [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Jobs, Resumes, Training

Pages : [1] 2 3

TommyBoy
November 18, 2016, 10:16 PM
Gordon, first of all thanks for your weekly Fly Low, Collect the Dough newsletters. I'd be interested to know your thought processes on how you come up with these ideas. It's a different kind of "outside the box" thinking to be sure.

I've been working through the jobs/resumes portion of last newsletter. It struck a chord, so I began writing blog posts. To date I have six full posts and starting on my seventh. One a day is not that difficult, plus I'll throw in a few videos. After about 30 or 40 I'll be running out of ideas, but figure if I get to that point, I'll be able to proceed further.

Then I got stuck in my thinking/overthinking.

When I went to do some searches in the resume/jobs space, I realized there is an absolute ton of competition with a lot of "tenure" in that field (i.e., people that have been there a long time it seems). Is it the volume of content on a site you estimate will overcome this annoying detail or how does that work for getting traffic and part-time business?

Am I overthinking this or what?

Thanks again, Gordon.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page