Go to the Main Business Forum page

Talking about scandals... [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Talking about scandals...

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Dien Rice
January 9, 2017, 05:31 PM
I didn't open your youtube link, but I'll guess that it's about the U.K.'s pedo posterboy, Jimmy Savile.

[...]

Interesting aside, one person who did speak out and was punished for doing so, was John Lydon, aka Johnny Rotten, of the Sex Pistols. Turns out John was not as 'rotten' as people thought.

He and his group were banned from the BBC, at the height of their fame, for speaking out.

Ron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esKnWAIgpLY
Hi Ron,

Actually my link is a "joke" link... it's safe to open...

But, this is a serious issue. Thanks, I didn't know about Johnny Rotten's comments on Jimmy Savile...

One thing about Johnny Rotten was he didn't "trick" people, he was brutally honest about his thoughts, which is one reason why his fans like him, I think. I remember how one Sex Pistols tour 20-odd years ago was called the "Filthy Lucre Tour" - since they were pretty open that they were doing it to make money!

All credit to Johnny Rotten / John Lydon for having spoken out so early... and for having paid a professional price (being banned by the BBC) for doing so...

On this topic, though... The one that worries me the most are the claims by former child star Corey Feldman that Hollywood is full of pedophiles. It worries me because I wonder, am I supporting them by unknowingly watching a movie made by or starring a pedophile? Since I don't know who they are, I might unknowingly be doing so.

I don't like the idea of doing that (even unknowingly)... I actually stopped watching Tom Cruise films since about 2000 because I don't have a positive view of Scientology (see "Going Clear", or A Piece of Blue Sky (https://johanw.home.xs4all.nl/CoS/APieceOfBlueSky/contents.htm))...

Thanks Ron... it's an important issue of our times...

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page