SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   Original SOWPub Forum Archive (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Marketing Your Local Business Online (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4799)

Richie Carey May 15, 2003 09:20 AM

Marketing Your Local Business Online

Hi all,

I'm collecting success stories from real world (brick and mortar) business owners that are successfully using the internet to market their business. If anyone has a story to share or even if you could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it....thanks!!

Richie

Dennis Bevers May 15, 2003 11:13 AM

Re: Marketing My Local Business Online

Hi Richie,

I haven't set the local market online with my internet presence, but I have gained customers in over 40 states and 5 foreign countries.

My "brick and mortar" business is promotional advertising sales, with the added benefit of operating from my home.

Only a few of my existing clients have used the website to search for products, etc, but many are contacting me by email to place orders, request samples or just request a visit from me.

I have to cut this short, as I just got a call for a rush order from my #1 customer and referral source with the US gov't. Two more rush orders to place today.

Dennis Bevers

My on and offline advertising business for US residents only!

Gary Reed May 16, 2003 12:47 PM

Here's what we do. . . .

> Hi all,

> I'm collecting success stories from real
> world (brick and mortar) business owners
> that are successfully using the internet to
> market their business. If anyone has a story
> to share or even if you could point me in
> the right direction I'd appreciate
> it....thanks!!

> Richie

It's not really earth shattering, but it is working in our small community.
First, we put our website address on everything. Such as; business cards, print advertising, our car, etc.
But, about a week ago I decided to send out e-mails to businesses here in town. Basically it consisted of thanking our customers for trading with us and also offering a free gift to everyone we sent the e-mail out to. The free gift was a sample box of office supplies. All they had to do was print out the e-mail and bring it in. Our first person arrived within the first hour! We also had a few new prospects come in and we sent them out with their free gift and a catalog. So I'd have to say e-mailing does work. If you're interested in seeing the e-mail we sent, provided the link at the bottom doesn't work simply send me an e-mail and I'll send it to you.

My 2 cents worth,

Gary

Julie Jordan Scott May 16, 2003 11:34 PM

Here is an Email Strategy, Richie

Dear Richie,

I read this article that fits your question, and although it isn't a personal story I thought it might be of interest. Its from
MarketingProfs.com .

Recently I attended a local production of Hamlet. I had been planning to go, but amidst my busy schedule almost forgot until the theatre sent me an email announcement.

I was so glad to get that email!! And when I went to the theatre that weekend, the place was packed.

Excellent question, Richie.

With Passion and Purpose,

Julie Jordan Scott

Dare to Discover Your Passion, Decide to Live Your