SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How about some overnight success (sort of)? (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9214)

GordonJ June 15, 2015 08:11 PM

How about some overnight success (sort of)?
 
A profitable business tomorrow, even if you don't have one tonight.

Dien's discussion on Flippa and buying websites is ONE way you can have a business in 24 hours.

This reminded me of discussions we've had over the years for rapid business, quick cash and residual income, now is as good a time as any to take another look.

We've discussed licensing deals. Patents and copyrights, barter, liquidation and finder's fees. There are gobs of little known or talked about opportunities.

Tiny the tow truck driver bought his first truck on a pay as you go from the profits, this is often found in Owner financing situations, basically, the owner acts as the “bank” or lender and the deal is often structured like a land contract (and sometimes involves real estate).

We looked at Ben Suarez' acquisition of a book, Vermont Folk Medicine, a best seller in the 1950's and how he obtained the marketing rights with a contract and no out of pocket money. He then sold boatloads of the new edition and turned the old into gold.

Many websites offer “ancient” tomes, book and courses which are now in the public domain. To borrow Boss Springsteen's verse, “hell a little touch up and a little paint” (Human Touch) and Viola you have a potentially valuable item.

Of course, your marketing skills come into play, but...BUT, you may be able to acquire ownership or a Toll Booth Position by simply taking over an existing one. There are four basic considerations for an acquisition... supply, demand, operations and marketing.

The ideal take over would have an endless demand, a readily available and preferably exclusive supply.

Also, the ideal would be hands off in the operations, that job being done by competent people better suited for it. And an already existing marketing plan, again, the ideal, one which could be scaled up.

I always look at distribution first, how does the consumer or buyer get the product or service. How is it distributed. It is a good first question when looking at an acquisition.

These are just some thoughts to get the ball rolling on some lesser known ways and not oft talked about methods for putting the dough into our pockets and mouths.

Gordon

SteveSki June 15, 2015 10:40 PM

Re: How about some overnight success (sort of)?
 
Here's something that works great for me....

Placing lead or competition boxes into stores.

It takes 3 weeks to prime the pump to start filling
your pipeline with leads but after that it's steady
daily profits!

Example 1: This one for getting portrait clients:


Example 2: This one to generate leads for a Nutritional / Skin Care MLM:


All it takes is enough guts to cold call on stores (Chinese take out restaurants work great) and ask if you can leave a box on their counter for 3 weeks. Put 20 - 30 boxes out and in 3 weeks time you will have 100 - 500 leads from people who are interested in your service or product.

After that ask each person to enter your contest to introduce you to 3 or 4 people they know who could benefit from what you have and you will never run out of leads!

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski Residual Income Expert


GordonJ June 15, 2015 10:54 PM

Great idea. I wonder if a referral biz could be built on this.
 
Say, I make the boxes (have them made) and secure the locations?

How much would a placement be worth? I remember placing fishbowls in restaurants back in the day, that worked well.

I can see how this could be very useful, thanks Steve.

Gordon





Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSki (Post 35437)
Here's something that works great for me....

Placing lead or competition boxes into stores.

Example 1: This one for getting portrait clients:


Example 2: This one to generate leads for a Nutritional / Skin Care MLM:


All it takes is enough guts to cold call on stores (Chinese take out restaurants work great) and ask if you can leave a box on their counter for 3 weeks. Put 20 - 30 boxes out and in 3 weeks time you will have 100 - 500 leads from people who are interested in your service or product.

After that ask each person to enter your contest to introduce you to 3 or 4 people they know who could benefit from what you have and you will never run out of leads!

Cheers,
Steve



SteveSki June 15, 2015 11:14 PM

Re: How about some overnight success (sort of)?
 
If I ever move back to the states I would cover a town with my portrait boxes. Then sell 30 locations for $5,000 plus free lifetime coaching and backdrops from:

www.MomsWithCamera.com

www.BabyPhotoBackdrops.com

www.DigitalFantasyBackgrounds.com

But since I'm still in Australia I'd be open to finding a JV partner to help do this back in the States.

It be a pretty easy sale. Take potential buyers around to several of the shops, point out the boxes.
Tell them there are another 27 locations but I'm in a hurry cause I have two other people who are
interested who set appointments for today... first one to write me a check gets this territory.

Cheers,
Steve

teamplayer June 16, 2015 07:27 AM

Re: How about some overnight success (sort of)?
 
Great idea Steve. This is something I have been thinking
about doing. Using just flyers in stores. I like the idea so
much I have a big file of people who have had success with
placing flyers in stores etc.
There was a WSO on the warrior forum a guy claimed he got
permisssion to place flyers on counters at computer stores
for a clickbank repair your computer book. He says he made
hundreds a week from some of the stores and he would
sometimes pay the owner to place the flyers.
It added up to thousands from various stores
The problem with WSOs like that is you have no idea if they
really did this or made up the results. Another guy
claimed he paid a manager $20 to place flyers for a
popular clickbank TV reciepe book on the tables at
a fast food place and got $300 in one day.
Again, I have no idea how credible it is but I have
plenty of links to stories like that. There are many ways
you can do this. Ask to place the flyer for free.
Pay the owner a small fee. Third offer to split
profits with the owner. This then becomes self sustaining
as the owner copies the flyers and places them for you
and gets a share each week.
I did try this once and the manager denied permission
to place flyers, Should have offered him some bucks maybe.

GordonJ June 16, 2015 12:27 PM

Lottery HOTSHEETS.
 
Today we're digital, but some guys still have paper and ink.

Here is one guy:

http://www.bigreddaily.com/

He sends out bundles of lottery sheets to stores on consignment, they pay on what was sold, and renew. He has them priced at .70 and .75, on his site for pdf, although in the stores they were 1 dollar, 2, 3 and 5.

Mine were eventually given to the merchant, who kept all the money, and I had offers inside.

A small footprint helps when asking for counter space, and when the merchant gets a piece of the pie, even better.

Lots of great ideas, keep em coming.

Gordon


Quote:

Originally Posted by teamplayer (Post 35442)
Great idea Steve. This is something I have been thinking
about doing. Using just flyers in stores. I like the idea so
much I have a big file of people who have had success with
placing flyers in stores etc.
There was a WSO on the warrior forum a guy claimed he got
permisssion to place flyers on counters at computer stores
for a clickbank repair your computer book. He says he made
hundreds a week from some of the stores and he would
sometimes pay the owner to place the flyers.
It added up to thousands from various stores
The problem with WSOs like that is you have no idea if they
really did this or made up the results. Another guy
claimed he paid a manager $20 to place flyers for a
popular clickbank TV reciepe book on the tables at
a fast food place and got $300 in one day.
Again, I have no idea how credible it is but I have
plenty of links to stories like that. There are many ways
you can do this. Ask to place the flyer for free.
Pay the owner a small fee. Third offer to split
profits with the owner. This then becomes self sustaining
as the owner copies the flyers and places them for you
and gets a share each week.
I did try this once and the manager denied permission
to place flyers, Should have offered him some bucks maybe.


teamplayer June 16, 2015 04:31 PM

Re: Lottery HOTSHEETS.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 35443)
Today we're digital, but some guys still have paper and ink.

Here is one guy:

http://www.bigreddaily.com/

He sends out bundles of lottery sheets to stores on consignment, they pay on what was sold, and renew. He has them priced at .70 and .75, on his site for pdf, although in the stores they were 1 dollar, 2, 3 and 5.

Mine were eventually given to the merchant, who kept all the money, and I had offers inside.

A small footprint helps when asking for counter space, and when the merchant gets a piece of the pie, even better.

Lots of great ideas, keep em coming.

Gordon


I remember seeing those in stores! Are they still out
there? that is smart thinking and I remember reading
about your hot sheets from the chatteling course.
I have plans to do this flyer plan all worked out
including the best kind of store to target and how
to prevent the owner from stealing your idea and
how to do it by remote control around the country.
I just have other things to work on first.

Trevor

SteveSki June 16, 2015 10:00 PM

Re: Lottery HOTSHEETS.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by teamplayer (Post 35444)
I remember seeing those in stores! Are they still out
there? that is smart thinking and I remember reading
about your hot sheets from the chatteling course.
I have plans to do this flyer plan all worked out
including the best kind of store to target and how
to prevent the owner from stealing your idea and
how to do it by remote control around the country.
I just have other things to work on first.

Trevor


Hi Trevor, You can get rich with one good sales letter or flyer but you must have the right offer and get it in front of the right audience. From 96 to 2003 I made out pretty good putting out Address America Flyers. But walking door to door posting flyers is hard work and you still had to assemble and install the Nightvision Address signs and then collect your money.

Hot sheets the way Gordon does them works but in my opinion, most WSO sellers make their money creating and selling WSOs, not by doing what they put into the WSO they are selling. Want to waste a lot of time? Here you go: http://wsodownloads.info/all/ I don’t know why no one has been able to shut that site down or the others like it so it’s proof positive that any good ideas you put in print can and will be stolen. Expect it, anything that works will bring competition.

Here’s a video of a lawyer turned Network Marketer who says he passed out flyers 4 days a week and after 85 days his income surpassed 90% of most Americans. https://youtu.be/8G9i6gtu6KE

He mentions it at the 11:00 minute mark. What was on the flyer?

It read:
“If you want to find out how to be financially free go to this website_______. If you like what you see email me back. I’m also having a private business reception tomorrow at 7pm that you are welcomed to attend”.

I know from personal experience that it’s not that easy to do. First you have to swallow your pride and humble yourself and be prepared to have people laugh at you and expect maybe one inquiry per 1000 flyers you hand out.

A much more effective way of using flyers is to conduct a 60 second survey and hand the flyer to the prospect at the end of your survey. This way you have their contact details to follow up with the prospect and their answers to the survey questions will tell you what their hot buttons are.

It’s a very fast and inexpensive way to prospect. Just a clipboard, paper and pen or use a iPad and this app from the iTunes Store “MLM Survey Lead Generator” For android devices look for it in GooglePlay or just PM me for my clipboard survey sheet. I like using a clip board better than an iPad because it’s hard to read a digital screen outdoors in sunlight and a clipboard conveys authority.

Getting store owners to hand out your flyers is somewhat more difficult because you have to make it worth-while for them. I don't buy giving a computer store $100 to tell their customers to purchase the DYI computer repair clickbank book is enough of an incentive to get them to do that. That's like them saying... you don't need to hire me to solve your problem. Buy a DYI book from clckbank so you won't need me. Typical WSO advice.

But here's something that can work.... Give your local independent grocery store or drug store free paper bags. One side of the bag advertises the store. On the other side you have space for several ads from other non competing local businesses.

Sell the ad spaces and reserve one space for your offer.

Cheers,
Steve

SteveSki June 16, 2015 10:50 PM

Re: Great idea. I wonder if a referral biz could be built on this.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 35439)
Say, I make the boxes (have them made) and secure the locations?

How much would a placement be worth? I remember placing fishbowls in restaurants back in the day, that worked well.

I can see how this could be very useful, thanks Steve.

Gordon


Hi Gordon, Here's a guy who makes his living putting out lead boxes and rack cards for businesses.

http://www.mastermackmarketing.com/

http://www.yelp.com.au/biz/master-ma...keting-pompano

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly8RH3_Uyo0

However in my experience the boxes are far more effective than rack cards. Rack cards are much easier to place but they don't produce many calls. You need to capture prospects contact details and pick up the phone and call them. Far more effective than trying to generate in coming calls. I think Jimmy Mack is pushing rack cards because it's easy for him to get them placed but I've done both and lead boxes are far more effective.

Cheers,
Steve

Glenn February 11, 2018 08:46 PM

Hey Steve - Do You Have An Aussie Accent Now?-Glenn
 
Thanks Steve,

Read your whole thread.
But not from bed,
From my Chair,
Instead.

Steve - I can see from your Sugary Sweet Websites your buyers are women.

I might have another niche market for you.

While showing a young Magician how to 10X his income
we made a NICHE Discovery.

Elementary, high school, Middle School Principals in the USA
have had their county, state, federal funds CUT OFF.

So.

By creating a Fr-e-e Anti-Bullying magic show - (Has to be done each quarter in USA Schools.)

AND

A F-r-e-e Anti -Drug Magic Show - for the Lazy Principals.

We were able to Get them to send a Flyer Home with 100% of their kids
advertising a PAID MAGIC Show at the school auditorium. With a %age
going to the School.

OUR SECRET?

80% of the Women Parents in the Audience would PAY to sign their
kids up to a Magic Trick of the month program. AND that was worth many
times the Up-Front fee from the School Magic Shows.

So.

Question.

ANYTHING Similar happening FINANCIALLY Down Under in your School Systems?

Photography would Easily adapt itself to Your doing a Anti Bullying or Anti
Drug Program - on stage for lazy Principals.

Thanks,
Glenn

P.S. - Final Question. What does your Competition Based
Box say? (Your pics don't show up on my computer.)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.