SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A free franchise for you. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9683)

GordonJ October 21, 2016 02:01 PM

A free franchise for you.

Well, not really, but damn close.

Got a copy of the Chattel Report, The Sprint to Freedom? (Who doesn't? And if not, are you nuts or what?)...

Run your own class, test an ad on Craigslist you can use parts of this one, just take me out other than as the author...
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/biz/5823376403.html

Set up a club, with fees, dues or Joint Ventures. Be a part of the North American Chatteling Association or WorldWide Chatteling Association and have, in effect, a franchise.

Check FACEBOOK for buy/sell groups in your area, I work with several of these "leaders" who want a "course" of instruction.

Buy your franchise area today, the cost is 0, but the profits are what you make em. Not a bad deal is it?

GordonJ

GordonJ October 21, 2016 02:26 PM

OH, another free franchise for you.

You can have J's Golf Court too if you want.

Love golf? Build a back yard training center which generates 100 uux an hour teaching golf.

The J-Swing is perfect for OLD duffers, fat guys, bad back golfers and when coupled with Think And Reach Par, you can guarantee improvement or theor money back. What is an extra 20-25 yards worth, ask for 5 bux a yard.

Get a baseline at the range, teach them the J-Swing, take their money and thank them and tell them to tell friends.

A net and mat in your garage, could give you thousands of dollars next year, again, yours FREE for the asking.

Gordon Jay Alexander

Buy your franchise area today, the cost is 0, but the profits are what you make em. Not a bad deal is it?

GordonJ

GordonJ October 21, 2016 02:35 PM

While I'm giving away free franchises, here's a few more:

How about your own OFF KEY SINGING TELEGRAM SERVICE, with a little twist, you could be humming all the way to the bank.

OR, a GJA ResumesPlusJobs franchise. Give away free resumes, help people get jobs, never work again.

OR ZippyDealz a local postcard mailing franchise, focused on local areas, use either EDDM or a door hangar approach. Need to be able to sell ads.

For now, these are all my free franchise offers. If you come up with one, from my past experiences (you have 35 years of Gordonesque business at your fingertips) we'll figure out a way to make it either a franchise or a biz-op, OK?

ONE idea, I'm seeking someone local to execute is, my micro biz center, with space for rent on an as needed basis, some secretarial/executive assistant availability and some training classes. This one "could" be big, if done by a younger person with some energy and time. But, hey, free for the taking.

You are welcome.

GordonJ

ron lafuddy October 21, 2016 04:13 PM

Hassle free and very low key

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 37339)

ONE idea, I'm seeking someone local to execute is, my micro biz center, with space for rent on an as needed basis, some secretarial/executive assistant availability and some training classes. This one "could" be big, if done by a younger person with some energy and time. But, hey, free for the taking.

GordonJ

I liked the 'private mailbox/office' business enough to start one. I found a gal who was also a notary to run the day to day. She brought her kid and dog to work each day. It was perfect for her.

Most of the business came from out of state. Seems there are some good tax and other reasons, to live in one state and do business in another. I'm not a CPA and don't give tax advice. That's just what I hear.

Anyway, it's a good business. Very profitable and very "fly low".

Ron

GordonJ October 21, 2016 05:27 PM

Thanks, that is a great idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron lafuddy (Post 37340)
I liked the 'private mailbox/office' business enough to start one. I found a gal who was also a notary to run the day to day. She brought her kid and dog to work each day. It was perfect for her.

Most of the business came from out of state. Seems there are some good tax and other reasons, to live in one state and do business in another. I'm not a CPA and don't give tax advice. That's just what I hear.

Anyway, it's a good business. Very profitable and very "fly low".

Ron

Thanks Ron, when I was in New Mexico, the Boz used one in town cause they didn't deliver (anything) to the desert. Pretty simple operation, a notary would be a great addition. Maybe a quick copier too.

Hmm. Now a location.

Gordon

GordonJ October 23, 2016 01:04 PM

The reason I call these a "franchise" is, they have what people PAY for when

they invest in a real franchise.

The #1 thing a franchisee looks for is: the MARKETING.

Or reputation, brand, etc. But at the heart of a franchise (a successful one) is HOW DO I GET CUSTOMERS?

Some are build it they will come, with big Golden Arches to attract attention and a couple of million bux, McDonald's still has franchises available.

A franchisee is "guaranteed" customers, if they follow the plan and do as told.

So, with the above, I've already done the marketing, this isn't theory, these have all been tested and proven concepts. I bet there is a singing telegram service in your area, or a specialized delivery service. How do they get customers?

Likewise, you have several struggling resume writers in your area or on your craigslist, but how many offer job finding services?

So, this is why I call them a "franchise", because the hard part, the CUSTOMER ACQUISITION process has already been figured out. See?

GordonJ

WillyWallace October 24, 2016 01:04 PM

Re: A free franchise for you.

Love the resume idea Gordon!

Can you expand on how you would go about making money with this one?

Thanks,

Willy

unpinkpanther October 24, 2016 04:30 PM

Since you put it that way...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 37346)
they invest in a real franchise.

The #1 thing a franchisee looks for is: the MARKETING.

Or reputation, brand, etc. But at the heart of a franchise (a successful one) is HOW DO I GET CUSTOMERS?

So, this is why I call them a "franchise", because the hard part, the CUSTOMER ACQUISITION process has already been figured out. See?

GordonJ

...Thank you for making it clearer!

Because I don't know why any time I hear the
word "franchise" I automatically imagine
lengthy legal documents with lots of weasel
clauses.

Putting this way makes it easier to "digest".

Now.. it's up to me to figure out HOW to
execute...

GordonJ October 24, 2016 06:32 PM

I can tell you what I did, and what I'd do today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillyWallace (Post 37350)
Love the resume idea Gordon!

Can you expand on how you would go about making money with this one?

Thanks,

Willy

I'd run ads in local weeklies and continuously on craigslist for FREE RESUME.

Back then, simple ads in classifed sections, and University newspapers generated traffic. During the questioning and having them fill out a form, we discussed what sort of job they were looking for, and I'd offer my job finding services.

These included videotaped Interview practices, job clubs, some training in computers if needed. I had a 495 dollar deal, guaranteed to find their IDEAL job in 90 days or it was free. Never gave a refund. The reason was simple, most job seekers can't tell what their ideal job is.

So, once we found that out, I had a process of discovery, some testing, both aptitude and attitude, and many times suggested a part time thing or a biz-op.

Today, anyone can get a free resume done at one of the local job sites. The resume, however, is the fastest way to get you eliminated from the pile. Every single resume must be different for the company one is applying too.

I would use craigslist mostly, and create special reports, for example, How to find the Hot Jobs in the Midwest's Hottest City, Columbus, OH. Truth is, most jobs filled by the time the public gets them, especially in Hospitals (one of the largest employers in America today as an industry)...they first post internally, usually on their own bulletin boards inside the hospital, same with Universities. .

So, today, I'd focus on soft skills and also computer skills as a back end to the Free Resume, only today, it would be Free Resume and FREE Aptitude testing. Combine them into one. If you position yourself, as a secret jobs headhunter, of sorts, you will get found. I think a web site would be necessary, although not that involved of one with a local resume business.

A couple of minutes on the phone and I can tell whether or not a person is going to make a good customer, but if all they want is the free resume, I have the software to knock it out while I'm talking to them, if they fill out a form, like most online places have them do, it gets pretty easy.

I think most of the business today would be on the PLUS side of my ResumesPlus Jobs. Presentation skills, selling, writing, Internet use, research and even the basics of Office. The FREE resume and customized IDEAL job evaluation would be front end, loss leaders to sell a more substantial product, like the 495 dollar guaranteed Ideal job I did back in the day.

The truth is, writing a resume isn't much of a skill these days, it is making the resume stand out and do the pre selling for the interview, a far more important part of the process. AND most people have terrible interviewing skills.

Of course, knowing the job market is important too. As I mentioned last month, a local company is adding a second shift and hiring, which means business is good for them (not a seasonal operation, these will be year round jobs).

This is a very superficial look, but contains the ideas anyone can use to start a profitable resume writing/job finding/training business. Start from home, meet at public library, where they can print out the resumes or take the skills test.

What else?

Use local delivery methods, HS newspapers, College Newspapers, Weekly Classified, Craigslist, BackPage, Facebook Groups (I'd start one for my area) and use software to do the hard work. A lot of resume software out there for free now, you simply customize it.

Questions?

Gordon

GordonJ October 24, 2016 06:43 PM

You are right, there is more paperwork and legal legword to a franchise but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by unpinkpanther (Post 37351)
...Thank you for making it clearer!

Because I don't know why any time I hear the
word "franchise" I automatically imagine
lengthy legal documents with lots of weasel
clauses.

Putting this way makes it easier to "digest".

Now.. it's up to me to figure out HOW to
execute...

Instead of that, think of a single stand alone store, like Jay's Sub Sandwiches (a clone of subway type thing)...

But even better, think of the alternatives to the franchises today, including licensing, distributorships, territories.

I used Franchise, more or less as a metaphor for a business with an already tested and proven marketing component to it. The franchise, licensing, distributor, territory guys are all part of the huge business opportunity market. And there is always room for the stand alone lone wolf who makes burgers, just ask Bob. He has a family business.

Gordon, just trying to confuse people as always.