SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Membership Site for Business Owners (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8053)

amandaparker April 4, 2012 06:27 PM

Membership Site for Business Owners

Hi everyone. I have been a lurker for years on this forum and I'm finally posting. I would love your guys input on this.

I am wanting to create a fixed term membership site for small business owners and I am having trouble of figuring out a topic.

I would love to know if anyone has some ideas that would be good to start a membership site on.

Thanks!

Eva April 4, 2012 08:02 PM

Re: Membership Site for Business Owners

What's your expertise? What do you love to do? Any ideas how to market this concept? Are you going to use a WP theme?

Good luck, Eva

amandaparker April 4, 2012 09:33 PM

Hi Eva,

Your on the the bob ross forum too. How is that going for you?

Well, I was trying to market my services of print and design and also I write booklets and I'm trying to sell those to businesses. So I wanted to do something that i could inform them in great detail but also wanted to market my own services and stuff. I don't know if this is the way to go but trying to get business owners interested in anything is really challenging.

sandalwood April 4, 2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandaparker (Post 30488)
Hi Eva,

Your on the the bob ross forum too. How is that going for you?

Well, I was trying to market my services of print and design and also I write booklets and I'm trying to sell those to businesses. So I wanted to do something that i could inform them in great detail but also wanted to market my own services and stuff. I don't know if this is the way to go but trying to get business owners interested in anything is really challenging.

Amanda,

Here's a thread w/a challenge:

http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=30485

It would seem to me all you would need is one product in that niche. Don't know that for sure never having done it.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you learn a ton.

Tom

Skip Rosell April 5, 2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandaparker (Post 30484)
Hi everyone. I have been a lurker for years on this forum and I'm finally posting. I would love your guys input on this.

I am wanting to create a fixed term membership site for small business owners and I am having trouble of figuring out a topic.

I would love to know if anyone has some ideas that would be good to start a membership site on.

Thanks!

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for asking about small business memberships.

There are a ton of niches that are just crying for a membership site for small business owners.

To get your content just find a sales page for a book on whatever subject and use the bullet points for chapters or lessons.

Here is one I just did for sowpubbers.

One topic is "how to find and keep new customers"

Here are the lesson headings and all you have to do is search for each point and write 300 to 500 words for each and you have your membership site.
Of course put everything in your own words and you will have a 18 week membership on how to find and keep customers.

1. How putting the right words in the right place on your website is proven to massively increase visitors, customers and profits...

2. How you can “piggyback” on the world’s most popular blogs, websites and discussion groups – and reach an audience of thousands...

3. A sneaky way to grab free advertising space from your local paper and use tried and tested methods to design your ads for maximum response...

4. Why one simple email could bring hundreds, even thousands of brand new customers to your website – and why it won’t cost you a single penny...

5. How to claim a FREE customer-generating device that’s impossible for the public to ignore and is actually delivered straight to your door...

6. And how a handful of obscure elements can cause your products to spread virally over the web like wildfire...

7. The little-known technique that splashes banner ads for your business all over your competitors’ web pages – for free...

8. How you can rent a ready-made list of active customers – and exactly how to approach them in a way that forces them to sit up and listen...

9. How to use Facebook as a huge source of potential customers and why you should spread your business through networks of families and friends...

10. How to get an army of marketers promoting your products to their own well-established customer lists... without paying them a penny upfront...

11. A smart technique for promoting new products to existing customers so you keep them coming back to buy from you over and over again...

12. And even proven, tested techniques for generating a word-of-mouth buzz about your products.

13. How to squeeze the best possible results out of “pay per click” advertising services – how to set them up, how to write the ads, and one misleading word which could cost you sales...

14. A super-quick method for promoting your business with a little help from Tesco and Asda – earning you effortless sales while you do your weekly shop...

15. Step-by-step instructions for producing a sales-boosting promotional video with a standard camera phone or webcam – these are proven to increase responses, and it’s incredibly quick and easy...

16. Why a customer unsubscribing from your email list is actually an excellent opportunity to make a sale – and how to convince them that you can offer exactly what they want...

17. Everything you need to know about running a seminar – not only can this be an incredible money-spinner in its own right, but it’s also the perfect opportunity to promote your products to a captive audience...

18. How to snag a free “sponsorship deal” with your competitors – and let them do the hard work of marketing your products for you.

Any questions, just ask and I will try to give you the answer if I know it.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell

Adman April 5, 2012 02:49 PM

Edited.

Eva April 6, 2012 11:59 AM

Re: Membership Site for Business Owners, best software

What would be the best software to use that has the capabilities of different levels of membership i.e. silver/gold/platinum? It would have to be easy to use for a non-techie and with no monthly charges for using it. Ideally, you could also use it for more than one membership site but that's probably asking too much?

Thank you, Eva

Bozo April 6, 2012 02:13 PM

Re: Membership Site for Business Owners, best software

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 30503)
What would be the best software to use that has the capabilities of different levels of membership i.e. silver/gold/platinum? It would have to be easy to use for a non-techie and with no monthly charges for using it. Ideally, you could also use it for more than one membership site but that's probably asking too much?

Thank you, Eva

This one appears to be a one time fee for the membership script. I don't know about the 'easy to use' part.

It has different levels of membership, allowing different charges.

Eva April 7, 2012 01:01 PM

Thanks, will check it out,

Eva