SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A book an hour. Here is the first suggestion. ONE PAGE MARKETING PLAN (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10159)

GordonJ May 29, 2018 11:05 AM

A book an hour. Here is the first suggestion. ONE PAGE MARKETING PLAN

I have a lot of books on my Kindle, and through my Kindle Unlimited account, so this weekend, I reread many of them, most only took about 15 mins to reread, new ones I allowed up to an hour.

FIRST good book, and I think I may have suggested it before.

But the reread gave me some insights I missed the first time around.

Allan Dib is the author of THE ONE PAGE MARKETING PLAN.

I think next month, I'll give away a Kindle Unlimited account. If you are an avid reader, this really is a good thing to have.

Anyhow, as always, NO affiliation, and his site is:

http://successwise.com/

The one page marketing plan book is very comprehensive, and it goes into some good depth with lifetime value, and basic marketing, and again, we've discussed this book before.

But it really is a good book with useful information.

And with Kindle Unlimited, at FREE, hard to beat the price.

Gordon

PS. I'll add each one in a separate sub post with titles.Also, discussions are welcome.

GordonJ May 29, 2018 01:26 PM

The MOST POWERFUL GOAL ACHIEVEMENT SYSTEM IN THE WORLD BY

this one by Mike Pettigrew.

Starts with his "Hero's Journey", came across Wallace Wattles, blah, blah, blah.

I say if you have never encountered anything SECRET, LOA, WATTLES/MANIFESTATION. This one will suffice. Nothing new to the pile of work.

As always, just MY opinion.

Gordon

GordonJ May 29, 2018 01:55 PM

MONEY ON DEMAND by Steve ESSA. A good tome on WEBINARS.

If you want to do Webinars, this is a good book to read.

So read it, and if you don't have a topic when done, fine, interview us at the SowPub forum. He has a lot about webinars which generate cash, although many today are front ends for the big product.

No rules, just another way to sell stuff.

Good book on webinars. Good resources.

Gordon

unpinkpanther May 30, 2018 02:57 AM

"The simplest, most jargon-free, definition of marketing"

Allan Dib's definition of marketing on that site is worth a read.

Thanks, Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 39160)
Anyhow, as always, NO affiliation, and his site is:

http://successwise.com/

GordonJ May 30, 2018 11:25 AM

The marketing meeting of the circus. Let's have a look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unpinkpanther (Post 39163)
Allan Dib's definition of marketing on that site is worth a read.

Thanks, Gordon

Here is his definition:
Here’s the simplest, most jargon-free, definition of marketing you’re ever likely to come across:

If the circus is coming to town and you paint a sign saying ‘Circus Coming to the Showground Saturday’, that’s advertising.

If you put the sign on the back of an elephant and walk it into town, that’s promotion.

If the elephant walks through the mayor’s flower bed and the local newspaper writes a story about it, that’s publicity.

And if you get the mayor to laugh about it, that’s public relations.

If the town’s citizens go to the circus, you show them the many entertainment booths, explain how much fun they’ll have spending money at the booths, answer their questions and ultimately, they spend a lot at the circus, that’s sales.

And if you planned the whole thing, that’s marketing.

So let's be a fly on the wall at the marketing meeting held in FL every winter.

Here they are:

Bozo is the chair. Other members are Chuckles, Checkers, Krusty, Porky, and Guido.

They are planning the next year, and getting their marketing together. They begin with WHO and WHERE. They look over the coming venues, some are at fairgrounds, some indoors, others in open fields. Some will be the whole shebang, the 5 ring version, smaller venues may only have three rings.

Bozo asks what PRODUCTS will they have available for each venue. They know their TARGET market are kids with their parents.

Porky is in charge of concessions; popcorn, peanuts, pop, fudge, nuts, hot dogs. He is the buyer and has his vendors lined up. Most of the time he can bring along a refrigerated truck which holds a lot of stuff. Some venues have their own concessions, with minimum allowances for the event.

Porky is responsible for finding suppliers, negotiating contracts, making sure of on time deliveries. Since concessions is a cash cow for the circus, Porky has a V.P. designation in the marketing dept.

Chuckles buys stuffed animals. And balloons, toys, all the little trinket souvenirs at the Circus. Does the same job as Porky but for things, not food. He too is a VP.

OK. So the marketing team knows where and when their events will take place, they have past data to give them an educated guess on the number of attendees, and how much they will spend, per person.

They know how many visitors they need to break even, and to make a profit. Their job is to get those numbers of butts into the seats.

So, like either the VIEW FROM THE ROOFTOP or the SQ1 POA, with time lines , they BEGIN at the end. Who and Where. How much. When.

They have a clearly defined goal.

Checkers is VP of advertising. He will run ads, post up signs, make sure the area knows the event is happening. He has a budget, with strict limitations so he has to make every ad count.

Checkers works closely with Krusty, VP of Promotion and Publicity and Public Relations. He arranges for the elephant to march through town, and the mayor's flower garden, he lets the mayor in on it so they BOTH get good press from it.

Krusty does the TV, radio and print and Internet interviews.

Guido is the VP of Marketing, Director, who reports to board. He is the hammer. The guy who makes sure the other clowns do their job.

Now, that is a pretty good staff. Bigger companies have a lot more clowns in their marketing departments.

We one man circuses, have to wear all the hats, unless we delegate or outsource. One problem we have is trying to do it all by ourselves.

One way to ease up this self-induced pressure is to outsource, and find other clowns to work for us. NO shortage of those at Warrior Forum, or Fivver type sites, is there?

Yea, it works for me as a good metaphor for MARKETING.

And it follows a tested and proven pattern:
End result.
Step off rung.
Final push.
Getting ducks in row.

All the way back to the beginning, of what needs to be done to get us to where we want to go. Knowing, there could be detours, weather, volcanoes, incidents and accidents, hints and allegations.

All things we need to deal with on our way to giving our customers want they want...SATISFACTION. Nothing beats a happy child with his little floppy the clown doll he'll sleep with forever, albeit, at a very high cost....but worth every penny. Wise!

Gordon