SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Updated Harvey Brody Course? (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6670)

Fishman April 26, 2010 11:11 AM

While we're waiting... a "Tequila" Toll Position

Most of us have heard of Paul Mitchell hair products. The owner, Paul DeJoria started that business with $700. But according to an article in the July '09 Entrepreneur magazine, he makes more money with another product that most people didn't know was his.

Patron Tequila.

His story makes you see just how much opportunity there is for Toll Positions.

According to the article, he had a friend bring back a bottle of whatever tequila was most popular in Mexico. They loved the smoothness of it and his friend said he could make it smoother by sending a "mixologist" down.

So they bottled it in a unique "hand blown" glass container and Patron was born.

I believe somewhere in the archives there was a thread about Red Bull. The same type of deal.

Just thought I'd give us something to talk about Toll Positions, untill Harvey's course comes out.

Fred

GordonJ April 27, 2010 12:05 PM

For those NOT waiting, how can we "replicate" this idea?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishman (Post 26345)

According to the article, he had a friend bring back a bottle of whatever tequila was most popular in Mexico. They loved the smoothness of it and his friend said he could make it smoother by sending a "mixologist" down.

So they bottled it in a unique "hand blown" glass container and Patron was born.

Just thought I'd give us something to talk about Toll Positions, untill Harvey's course comes out.

Fred

What if it is another two or three years for the course? Why wait?

Create or Acquire. The example you've posted Fred shows acquistion and it is a faster route. So, what else can be done like this?

How about: Other "foreign" drinks? A few years ago, Brazil was the country drinking Acai...then the Network Marketers' discovered it.

Pretty much did the same thing, found an EXISTING product, re-packaged it and introduced it to the marketplace.

Besides Food, what else can be done like this? How about household chemicals? A "greener" solution to harsh cleaning supplies?

But then, it really doesn't matter about the product, because some of you have come across good to great products, it is about being able to exploit them and bring them to the market, about distribution, shelf-space and marketing.

Creation? Our friend Erik Lukas and his Bean and Body coffee line is an example of a guy who didn't wait for anything, and it is my opinion, that if Erik gets over a certain little hump, he'll be an amazing success story. I've had his product, I've watched other people comment on his product and he has a chance of being a HUGE success (and his partners of course)... www.beanandbody.com

But what if you don't have the deep pockets of a Paul? HOW can you acquire a product, have the package developed and bring it to the market? And there is the information that comes far before any course you might be waiting for.

BASIC business information that comes from study and doing.

From study and DO ing. From STUDY AND DOING.

What can be done with vodka, beer or coffee can be done with bug spray, carpet cleaning and window washing products too...

BUT, an understanding of marketing and distribution would be a solid foundation on which to build any toll position.

Gordon

satsom June 7, 2010 11:20 AM

Re: Updated Harvey Brody Course?

I just learned about Harvey Brody for the first time about an hour ago. Sounds like he's mastered the proverbial "perfect business" model.

Glad to hear that he's going to release an updated course. Sounds fantastic from what's been shared here.

* Any updates on how he's progressing with the update?

* Any place other than eBay where his previous course can be purchased? Nothing on eBay at the moment.

Thanks.

Dien Rice June 8, 2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satsom (Post 26503)
I just learned about Harvey Brody for the first time about an hour ago. Sounds like he's mastered the proverbial "perfect business" model.

Glad to hear that he's going to release an updated course. Sounds fantastic from what's been shared here.

* Any updates on how he's progressing with the update?

* Any place other than eBay where his previous course can be purchased? Nothing on eBay at the moment.

Hi,

Harvey is currently working on the course. Don't worry, things are
happening in the background...

Some great stuff has already been produced. However, it takes time to create good, high quality material.

If you'd like updates now and then on how things are progressing, I just whipped up a quick place where you can mention your interest, so I can update you on it... I'll try to send out an update on how things are going with the Harvey Brody project every month or so... (However, feel free to post here, too...)

Here it is...

http://forms.aweber.com/form/62/1442714362.htm

Best wishes!

Dien

Bob Blagg September 29, 2011 10:08 AM

Hi Dien,

It has been a long time since we have heard anything about Harvey Brody's new course.

Will you please let us know how it is progressing and when it might be done?

Dien Rice September 29, 2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Blagg (Post 29191)
It has been a long time since we have heard anything about Harvey Brody's new course.

Hi Bob,

We are working on it... Keep in mind, we're not just creating a product, but also creating a business structure behind it as well. Harvey also has a lot of other things on his plate as well (there have been other exciting developments in his business as well)...

Keep in mind, Gordon has shared a lot of useful information here already, there's also the document Harvey released a few years ago, and this post is also pretty good...

Here's another good basic post on it from this forum...

Harvey knows a lot of unbelievably powerful knowledge, but the beginning step is always to make sure you have a good toll position. Don't start a business without it!

Best wishes,

Dien

GordonJ September 30, 2011 02:11 PM

Question for you Bob...

What information do you want to see in the new course?

I mean, what question is unanswered in your mind regarding the Toll Position concept?

Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Blagg (Post 29191)
Hi Dien,

Bob Blagg October 2, 2011 10:16 AM

Hi Gordon:

As you know I have not been just sitting around waiting for Harvey’s new course to come out.

I have been taking all the Toll Position information I have learned from people such as yourself, Harvey and E. Joseph Cossman and have been using it to find my own Toll Position.

I have battle tested everything I thought I knew and found out what actually works and what doesn’t work at all when it comes to finding a product and getting it to market.

I have taken all that I have learned and tested and put it in writing so anyone who ever read what I wrote could follow a step by step process in finding a Toll Position.

It is not a hard process a person just needs someone to guide them or the time and effort to make mistake after mistake until they get it right.

I know this may sound arrogant but in answer to your question there is nothing in regards to the Toll Position concept that I feel I have not had answered.

shamusmirza October 2, 2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Blagg (Post 29206)
I have taken all that I have learned and tested and put it in writing so anyone who ever read what I wrote could follow a step by step process in finding a Toll Position.

Care to share what you've learnt? A link to the report or a product which you have created regarding everything you've learnt about toll booths would be appreciated,

Bob Blagg October 3, 2011 09:42 PM

shamusmirza:

All you need to do is search "just one good product"