SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Daily Reckoning vs. Guns and Ammo (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9391)

GordonJ December 10, 2015 12:46 PM

The Daily Reckoning vs. Guns and Ammo

The DR is Bill Bonner's battleship in his fleet of financial pubs. He fires off salvos across the bows of the yachts, big and small, of the haves.

The Wolfpacks of Wall St.

Guns and Ammo is the most popular of the 2nd amendment rights rags.

First, some facts, before I delve into the fight, DR vs. G&A.

The attack in San Bernardino. The attackers almost matched the carnage of Eagle Boy Scout and Marine sharpshooter, Charles Whitman who killed 17 people and wounded 31.

They are not even close to the 168 killed and 680 injured in the attack carried out by former Army Sgt., and Bronze Star recipient Timothy McVeigh and his hardship case buddy Terry Nichols, in Oklahoma City.

More facts: 15 of 19 9-11 attackers were Saudis.

Saudi Arabia is the flash point of the coming war, depression and the underlying cause for the the impending cash and credit crisis.*

As for Trump and walls and isolation; it is too late. They, the terrorists are already here. Domestic and foreign.

The opening rounds have gone off.

And when Bonner's credit crisis hits, and he's retreated to his castle in Argentina, having fled the bloodbath he is predicting...

Where does that put his gold?

In an article in the New York Times, they show a spike in gun sales after a mass shooting, mainly because of the talk of gun restriction, and the Right's social program of NO GUN LEFT BEHIND.

So if Bonner is right, and the credit crisis becomes as dire as he predicts, and he has left the building for castles unknown, what will the rest of us be doing?

IF you have the Guns and Ammo, you will have the google map and the terrain scouted where the gold hoarders live and you will help yourself to their gold and year's supply of food and water.

In an ironic twist, the armed gangs will be practicing their own version of the Have's OBJECTIVISM, as touted in their Bible, Atlas Shrugged.

The thugs will practice a rational self-interest and self survival methodology rivaling the escapes and retreats of the rich.

That leaves the holed up survivalists, who have plenty of food, water, guns and ammo and a fortress. They will hunker down.

Well, that leaves the rest of us, either the unprepared, or those who will still believe in humanity and make their time meaningful with an idea in their heads that surviving and fleeing from a crisis is not worth the cost of giving up your soul.

This is a grim pic of the doom and gloom to come if Bonner is right, and he touts a pretty good track record on disasters (and prospering from them)...makes you wonder if there is an Illuminati or Cabal setting things in motion for their own financial gain.

Well, in addition to the above food for thought...

this is the time of the year I do some forum housekeeping, pruning and trimming our Bonsai forum, snipping out old posts which are not relevant, and I think no precious babes were tossed out with the bathwater.

We've got about 2 weeks to Christmas, and next week I'll have a very limited number, a very few... Holiday Packages, in the 250 and 500 dollar range, which will be do it for you packages, along with some surprises.

Yes, I read the financial pubs, Agora to Gartman, Weiss to Stansberry...as well as reloader express, some Gary North, et al.,

And I'll be reviving my doom, gloom and bliss blog on a PRIVATE forum.

Let's call it the Trump effect.

Opposite of Greenspan's "Irrational Exuberance"... we have entered the era of irrational fear mongering.

Gordon Jay Alexander

* More on the Saudi situation later.

ron lafuddy December 10, 2015 03:07 PM

Same old song, from the same old band

I noticed all the missing posts and thought maybe you'd packed up and left town.
Glad you're ok. Thought some of those posts may have had some value but it's your call.

The Bonner/North crowd sell into fear. That's how they make their money.

That's also what Trump (a financial deadbeat) is doing. He is riding the fear hype wave, distracting attention from where it should be, while the media controls the spin.

Trump's a master of propaganda. No one does it better.

In the wings waits the dragon lady, biding her time. Her lust for power knows no bounds.
Lying and much worse, is a way of life for her and her 'ahem', hubby.

There's one thing I can guarantee. At the end of Trump's or dragon lady's rainbow, is a lot less freedom than we currently enjoy, higher taxes/debt and war.

Pick your poison carefully this political season. May be the last time you'll have the chance to do so.

Different day, SOS.

Ron

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 36247)
The DR is Bill Bonner's battleship in his fleet of financial pubs. He fires off salvos across the bows of the yachts, big and small, of the haves.

The attack in San Bernardino. The attackers almost matched the carnage of Eagle Boy Scout and Marine sharpshooter, Charles Whitman who killed 17 people and wounded 31.

They are not even close to the 168 killed and 680 injured in the attack carried out by former Army Sgt., and Bronze Star recipient Timothy McVeigh and his hardship case buddy Terry Nichols, in Oklahoma City.

Saudi Arabia is the flash point of the coming war, depression and the underlying cause for the the impending cash and credit crisis.*

As for Trump and walls and isolation; it is too late. They, the terrorists are already here. Domestic and foreign.

And when Bonner's credit crisis hits, and he's retreated to his castle in Argentina, having fled the bloodbath he is predicting...

In an article in the New York Times, they show a spike in gun sales after a mass shooting, mainly because of the talk of gun restriction, and the Right's social program of NO GUN LEFT BEHIND.

So if Bonner is right, and the credit crisis becomes as dire as he predicts, and he has left the building for castles unknown, what will the rest of us be doing?

IF you have the Guns and Ammo, you will have the google map and the terrain scouted where the gold hoarders live and you will help yourself to their gold and year's supply of food and water.

In an ironic twist, the armed gangs will be practicing their own version of the Have's OBJECTIVISM, as touted in their Bible, Atlas Shrugged.

The thugs will practice a rational self-interest and self survival methodology rivaling the escapes and retreats of the rich.

That leaves the holed up survivalists, who have plenty of food, water, guns and ammo and a fortress. They will hunker down.

Well, that leaves the rest of us, either the unprepared, or those who will still believe in humanity and make their time meaningful with an idea in their heads that surviving and fleeing from a crisis is not worth the cost of giving up your soul.

This is a grim pic of the doom and gloom to come if Bonner is right, and he touts a pretty good track record on disasters (and prospering from them)...makes you wonder if there is an Illuminati or Cabal setting things in motion for their own financial gain.

this is the time of the year I do some forum housekeeping, pruning and trimming our Bonsai forum, snipping out old posts which are not relevant, and I think no precious babes were tossed out with the bathwater.

We've got about 2 weeks to Christmas, and next week I'll have a very limited number, a very few... Holiday Packages, in the 250 and 500 dollar range, which will be do it for you packages, along with some surprises.

Yes, I read the financial pubs, Agora to Gartman, Weiss to Stansberry...as well as reloader express, some Gary North, et al.,

Opposite of Greenspan's "Irrational Exuberance"... we have entered the era of irrational fear mongering.

Gordon Jay Alexander

sandalwood December 10, 2015 04:14 PM

Re: The Daily Reckoning vs. Guns and Ammo

Let's add some reality to the fear. Go to:

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...ities-confirm/

and see what you think. Oh, and don't forget the Robert Dear's of the world.

And, of course, our dear friend Nancy Pelosi. She actually said California's gun control laws didn't keep the terrorists from obtaining guns so that is why we need national gun control.

My point you ask. Look at the fruitcakes we put in charge and I think you will quickly see the real problem.

By the way, who is the second most important prophet in Islam? He is actually number one and a half if you believe the Qoran.

Yep, and the world keeps spinning. Here's the answer to Agora and Bonner and the myriad of horse **** he touts: http://stockgumshoe.com

Travis Johnson tells you the stocks these financial fear mongerers tease along with a very good review of that company. I am not associated with the pub or the editor.

For those of us old enough to remember, I remind you of Howard Ruff. Yep, fear sells.

Of course, you could always go to any of our universities and claim your very own safe space. That should give you a warm fuzzy feeling.

Can't wait to read what else Gordon has up his pleated sleeve.

Tom

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 36247)

Gordon Jay Alexander

GordonJ December 11, 2015 02:16 PM

Fear sells, ask the insurance industry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron lafuddy (Post 36248)
I noticed all the missing posts and thought maybe you'd packed up and left town.
Glad you're ok. Thought some of those posts may have had some value but it's your call.

We do this every year, and I try to be respectful, but many posts are dated or irrelevant, like who is or isn't resigning from some other forum type thing.

The Bonner/North crowd sell into fear. That's how they make their money.

Fear sells. Insurance, water purifiers, guns, supplements... and politicians. Just read where Cruz is using data mining and pyschographic profiles to boost his campaign.

That's also what Trump (a financial deadbeat) is doing. He is riding the fear hype wave, distracting attention from where it should be, while the media controls the spin.

Please elucidate as to the where?

Trump's a master of propaganda. No one does it better.

No argument here.

In the wings waits the dragon lady, biding her time. Her lust for power knows no bounds.
Lying and much worse, is a way of life for her and her 'ahem', hubby.

Once again, a choice between a turd and a sheet sandwich?

There's one thing I can guarantee. At the end of Trump's or dragon lady's rainbow, is a lot less freedom than we currently enjoy, higher taxes/debt and war.

My opinion, it doesn't matter who sleeps in the White House, this is coming sooner rather than later.

Pick your poison carefully this political season. May be the last time you'll have the chance to do so.

You could be right, as right as Bill Bonner, we'll have to let it play out.

Different day, SOS. AGREED!

Ron

Yes, we have always had the fear mongerers, and in the Ayn Rand tradition, many marketers have said, "take their money before they give it to someone else"...

And are skilled in crafting the promotions of fear.

But, the reality, as hown on the SQ1 is our destiny is death...and when or if we acknowledge the outcome, it might make it easier to get on with living a life sans fear, or admiration of any man.

My dad made me clean the bathroom in the barber shop after the richest guy in town took a dump.

And the lesson was not lost on me...even rich guy's sheet STINKS although there are many one encounters who don't believe theirs does.

Fear no man. He can only kill you.

Gordon

PS. And pack a glock just in case he tries.

GordonJ December 11, 2015 02:26 PM

The WE isn't me.

Yea, on every party level, there isn't respect for the we who elect the fruitcakes. So, the modern idea is, we don't have to listen or even acknowledge a law, or legislation that has passed....

instead, because the stupid part of we is the one that elected them, the ME doesn't have to respect the idea of a nation governed with the rule of law... at its foundation. The good WE can spend our time and money to get the laws we want. For the good of me.

Reality?

There never was a war on drugs.

Easy supply kept the poor in their places, be they ghettos, barrios, public housing or FEMA camps.

Money talks. Same as it did in the forever ago.

"Treason doth not prosper, for if it prospers, none dare call it treason."

The Mexican drug cartels, along with ISIS types and the revolt soon to occur in Saudi Arabia may be the tipping point.

And yet, ....

Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandalwood (Post 36249)
Let's add some reality to the fear. Go to:

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...ities-confirm/

and see what you think. Oh, and don't forget the Robert Dear's of the world.

And, of course, our dear friend Nancy Pelosi. She actually said California's gun control laws didn't keep the terrorists from obtaining guns so that is why we need national gun control.

My point you ask. Look at the fruitcakes we put in charge and I think you will quickly see the real problem.

By the way, who is the second most important prophet in Islam? He is actually number one and a half if you believe the Qoran.

Yep, and the world keeps spinning. Here's the answer to Agora and Bonner and the myriad of horse **** he touts: http://stockgumshoe.com

Travis Johnson tells you the stocks these financial fear mongerers tease along with a very good review of that company. I am not associated with the pub or the editor.

For those of us old enough to remember, I remind you of Howard Ruff. Yep, fear sells.

Of course, you could always go to any of our universities and claim your very own safe space. That should give you a warm fuzzy feeling.

Can't wait to read what else Gordon has up his pleated sleeve.

Tom

Ankesh December 12, 2015 02:30 AM

The other day, I read in the news that Japan's GDP is shrinking. Japan is in a recession again. Their policies are not working and what not.

But then I dug in deeper and found that Japanese people are a lot happier today than before. Their GDP is decreasing because their population is decreasing.

Standard of living for people is still going up. But not a single news outlet mentioned that. No one mentions positives anymore.

Isn't it amazing that your source of news (or lack of it) determines how happy you are?

sandalwood December 12, 2015 11:07 AM

F - False
E - Expectations
A - Appearing
R - Real

Really, what else is there to say? You can either believe it is real or look at it objectively (as possible).

Here is another startling fact. Government has seized more money and assets from the American public than all of the burglars and criminals combined. It is called Civil Asset Forfeiture. The law was authored by Dennis Hastert who is now, ironically, serving a federal term for violating the law he authored in the 70's.

Unfortunately we can't wait long enough for these bastards to eat their own.

GordonJ December 12, 2015 02:28 PM

Not AMAZING at all.

Isn't it amazing that your source of news (or lack of it) determines how happy you are?

Thanks Ankesh.

Delving deeper is always a good thing, my early teacher had a saying, "consider the source" and what they get from being the source.

As for your blanket statement, it needs qualifiers.

News, has almost no impact on my feelings, and for most of the businessmen I know, has zero affect on them.

My thinking is there are only 14 million Americans out of 240 million who even care about the news, especially from the Beltway.

It is only because Networks have so many pundits, and need to fill up time with talking heads, that we get the so called news we do.

Disasters will give us pause, Katrina, Tsunami, AIRPLANE crashes.

But ... many, many are so self involved, they are oblivious to the world.

Then you have the "please think for me" types that tune into Rush, Glenn and Maher to get their daily reaffirmations.

They are affected by the daily news and their chosen filters.

We live in a time where X-files believer, Fox Mulder' mantra, Trust No One, may be right on the money.

If we accept that news organizations today deliver just facts, and report events without bias, then we have only ourselves to blame when delving deeper reveals the aliens already living on our skin, disguised as mites, waiting for the call, to collectively take over our bodies...true, I saw it on a TV news show.

Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ankesh (Post 36258)
The other day, I read in the news that Japan's GDP is shrinking. Japan is in a recession again. Their policies are not working and what not.

But then I dug in deeper and found that Japanese people are a lot happier today than before. Their GDP is decreasing because their population is decreasing.

Standard of living for people is still going up. But not a single news outlet mentioned that. No one mentions positives anymore.

GordonJ January 2, 2016 11:07 AM

This

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 36256)

The Mexican drug cartels, along with ISIS types and the revolt soon to occur in Saudi Arabia may be the tipping point.

And yet, ....

Gordon

Just the beginning, with worldwide repercussions.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...inals-36054451

Glenn January 3, 2016 06:35 AM

Happy New Year Ankesh!

Great to hear from you Man,

How are things in Mumbai?

I've always been curious about how 16 million people live
with so many sacred cows. (All that beef would be Barbecue in the USA.)

A friend did some consulting there
and Judy says big traffic jams were caused by "Sacred Cows"
in the road.

PERSONALLY - You guys are helping me
keep my computer running.

Big Business Btwn The USA and India today.

My Apple Support guy.

James - turned out to be Ankit.

He changed his name to make Americans more Comfortable.

Each month - so many viruses pile up on my Apple Macintosh
it slows to a CRAWL.
I call up and get a TECH expert to clean them out.

Bought a LIFETIME contract.

Cheaper than one at a time help.

I spoke to the Owner of This one Apple Support Firm
and he is buying property in Panama. (Wallowing in loot.)

Lots and Lots of Apple Support Companies
are running in the background to keep all our APPLE Devices running.

Glenn

P.S. - I have not spoken to Dr. Gary North in a long while.

But.

On Stage before I gave my little presentation - after his.

He told me, "I'm in the best business there is in the world. Because if the
World ENDS none of my b-uyers is coming after me. And If things Turn out
WELL - All of my buyers are basically HAPPY!"

P.P.S. - Funny thing about Gary.

He types with TWO fingers.

If you meet him, ask him to hold up his hands. The two BENT fingers are
his typing fingers!