SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Removing oil stains (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3766)

LindaC March 2, 2007 12:40 PM

Removing oil stains

Hi All,

Sometime back someone posted that they had worked a business of removing oil stains from driveways and parking lots.

Would greatly appreciate hearing from that SOWPub'er.

My Best 2 U,

LindaC:)

Pete Egeler March 2, 2007 06:52 PM

Re: Removing oil stains

Hi,

That was Don Alm that posted about oil stain removal.

You might do a search of the archives to see if it's still there too.

Pete

Jason March 2, 2007 10:33 PM

Hi linda.

Pete is correct, Don Alm has sold a package in the past on how to do it.

More recently it was KBAYER ( not sure on spelling) that posted some results with it.

If you would like to see a product and talk to some folks that distribute a product.
goto
www.accclean.com
Best wishes,
Jason

LindaC March 2, 2007 10:35 PM

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the reply. However, someone else posted that they had done this for awhile. (Not Don).

My Best 2 U,

LindaC

LindaC March 2, 2007 10:38 PM

Hi Jason,

You are right. Now, if KBAYER would only reply.

My Best 2 U,

Lindac

Jason March 2, 2007 10:57 PM

Is this a service that you are looking to offer?

If so, there are many here that may offer helpful input to make a go of it.

For instance, If this were something I were interested in providing, I may do a local search for commercial property for sale in my area, then contact the listing agents and or property owners to offer some inexpensive curb appeal.
I would do the same with residential property listings as a service to their driveway, garage and possibly basement.

Given time, this method is sure to deliver more and more work.

Best wishes,
Jason

Kbayer March 3, 2007 03:47 AM

Hi,
I'm still here... I did it for a while with good success and I am confident that I could have really done well had I stuck with it. Now that I am employed in a "real" job (9-5'er), I'm really considering going back to it and doing evenings and weekends. I'm in Texas and it seemed to be raining EVERY day while I tried to get this up and running several months ago which can be incredibly frustrating and was the only downside a the time... oh, and finding business owners that were actually "in" was quite challenging as well, as I had no sales experience at the time and found their absence strange, but later learned it was quite the norm. Any specific questions??

Phil March 3, 2007 04:06 AM

If anyone's interested in getting into the Oil stain removal Service business...

There's a ton of Oil Stain removal products and ideas out there...

But Checkout Judd Burdon's recommendation, who is one of Ken Evoy's sitesell SBI Success stories...

Focus and Market a niche Green Solution. :)

And then Get out into your Local Area and Market your Service(s) by Sampling etc...

Just take Action and Solve the Oil stain Problems & maybe a Full service specialty Cleaning business. ;)

Huge Profits! are waiting to be collected and...

You don't need to buy any information products to Do this business...

1000’s of uses! Perfect for use on Asphalt or Concrete Driveways, Floors, walkways and sidewalks. Super for degreasing engines, tools, lawnmovers and garden equipment, garbage cans, fencing and cleaning vinyl siding and great for pet stains, kitchens and bathrooms too...
http://www.asphaltkingdom.com/oil-stain-removal.html
http://www.asphaltkingdom.com/asphalt-sealing-job.html

Phil

LindaC March 5, 2007 09:42 PM

Hi everyone,

Special thanks to...Pete, Jason, Kbayer, and Phil.

Yes...I am planning on starting a Concrete, Asphalt, Sidewalk cleaning business.

Looking at different cleaning products to start with.

Question: What product do you recommend we start with?

My Best 2 U,

Linda

Pappy March 5, 2007 11:33 PM

409 is an excellent degreaser... The US Navy uses it to clean their jet engine parts. Saved millions of dollars compared to the commercial degreasers. And Purple Degreaser By Gunk is also a good product that you can use on concrete and asphalt. Also, if you are pressure washing, you need to get a concrete scrubber. Basically its a brush/jet contraption that you can attach to your power washer. They run around $150 at the pressure washing equipment co's. BUT they are well worth your money when it cuts your time doing driveways and sidewalks by half (or more). When I owed my parking lot sweeping business we did a lot of asphalt/concrete repair and cleaning. If you have any specific questions just shoot me a pm.

later.
Pappy