SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Another: WHAT, you aren't making any money? These guys are. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10081)

GordonJ February 16, 2018 10:10 AM

Another: WHAT, you aren't making any money? These guys are.

Weird, unusual, different kinds of businesses.

We've talked about "Churchlike" groups before, like THE AVATAR COURSE.
Harry Palmer had a Scientology 'franchise' but didn't like the fees, so he created his own course and has done pretty well financially.

Like Elan Vital is a reworking of the Divine Light Mission, those guys have been raking in the dough and keeping Raj in mansions for decades.

Some other people we've discussed over the years, as a way to show how some people have created their own livelihoods of belief:

Eckhart Tolle, Wayne Dyer, Barry Neil Kaufman, Gary Zukav, Marianne Williamson, Depak Chopra, Caroline Myss...and on and on and on.

But you know about those. How about the guy selling "spells"? Oh yea.

For 300 bux, he will do a ritual which will help you, VIA SPIRIT guides, which will help you find your ideal business.

You pay him the 300, and he does his thing...he gets 150 bux for a half hour skype face to face.

He sells RITUALS. Anyone know what they are? He's taken spells, magickal chants and wicca ideas...like many of those main stream folks above, and has REFRAMED it, to make it slightly less occultish, for his own little niche.

He's reported a $3,000.00 profit in the first 100 days. People around the world sending him 50 bux here and there to "do a ritual".

And yet, YOU aren't making money? YOU don't have that project/product done you started 100 days ago (First Week of NOV, 2017)...

Heck, I've got email from several of you from around then talking about your 2018 projects and YET, here it is mid FEB. and you haven't yet got around to it.

SIGH.

I think this ritual guy could make 200 grand THIS YEAR. He doesn't know squat about marketing, and his site is awful, yet, there he is with the 3k in his pocket from DOING SOMETHING. Sending out thoughts to the Universe and getting paid for them, while many send out thoughts (hopes, wishes, dreams, wants, even goals) to the Universe and

DO NOT BACK THEM UP WITH ACTION.

There you go.

Now, later, I'll have a discussion, because my CREED is not a ritual, prayer or spell...but like any mantra or meditation repeated over and over and over in a routine way, does a similar thing in the brain, that is, creates a "brain channel", a thought trench which gets faster and faster as it is used.

When your thought trenches are deep enough, they influence other areas, especially those which take stimuli and give PHYSICAL RESPONSES,
or in other words they take your thoughts and produce action via your body doing something.

So, tell me again, PLEASE, why you don't have your project done, why the deadlines have come and gone?

There is a guy here with a 4 year old project, which could easily give him 100k a year, on auto-pilot, but he just quit. Dead out stopped. Why? I have no freakin clue.

But I do know ONE guy who has 3k in his pocket because he gives people what they want.

He has learned to apply the CREED.

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/creedpromo.pdf

GordonJ

EricC May 16, 2018 04:38 PM

Re: Another: WHAT, you aren't making any money? These guys are.

Wow! Thanks Gordon. I found the thread on the other forum with the guy doing rituals. A few months ago after years of nothing else working for me I started doing rituals too and getting real results. Fast.

Love reading how others are following this path and am getting more ideas to use in my own practice. Feels like the Universe has been waiting for me to step up and do things in this way. Been roadblocks for many years until now.

Thanks again!
Eric

GordonJ May 17, 2018 11:11 AM

The human mind is an incredible thing, both under "normal"

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricC (Post 39117)
Wow! Thanks Gordon. I found the thread on the other forum with the guy doing rituals. A few months ago after years of nothing else working for me I started doing rituals too and getting real results. Fast.

Love reading how others are following this path and am getting more ideas to use in my own practice. Feels like the Universe has been waiting for me to step up and do things in this way. Been roadblocks for many years until now.

Thanks again!
Eric

parameters, for the most people-most of the time...to the many dysfunctions, aberations and damages.

Which is why I say, what works for you works. But there isn't any universal formula or belief for the all.

You site looks interesting, hope it is doing well for you.

Gordon

EricC June 4, 2018 03:20 PM

Thanks Gordon.

Been getting my site put together over the last few weeks. It's good enough now so I have a place to publish my creative output on mystic matters. And my techie brain is satiated enough to let other brain parts do their thing. When I have some hotsheets done I can set up landing pages for offers. For now it's blog style.

Looking around on-line there are quite a few places where people are seeking either to learn rituals or have someone do rituals on their behalf. This is true really across the board in the occult. Tarot, astrology, intuitives, etc... Some do and others want help from the doers.

I can definitely see a ladder of products/services or system to work within. Today I have gotten started on the first rung with a hotsheet.

My DIY Ritual Hotsheet (not final title) is going to be about 1-2 pages. Still working on it.

Got a paypal account, file hosting, and have an idea where to show up and intersect my value offer with their need. This is probably what I am least sure about in the process. I won't know if my value offer is of interest until people either respond or don't.

I am also not sure whether to charge a couple bucks for this Hotsheet or give it away. Ideas are springing up though for more Hotsheets so I am confident I can come up with other valuable Hotsheets to give away in exchange for subscribing to my email list. I am inclined to offer it for 2 or 3 bucks.

Eric

unpinkpanther June 6, 2018 06:39 AM

Can you spot the trap?

Hi Eric:

How did you come up with those price points?

What is your ideal crowd already paying for similar solutions?

Like you said, the response from the market is crucial. I think that's the feedback that should guide your actions.

The earlier you get the feedback, the quicker you can course-correct

P. S. I like your writing style too

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricC (Post 39166)
...I won't know if my value offer is of interest until people either respond or don't.

...I am inclined to offer it for 2 or 3 bucks.

Eric

EricC June 6, 2018 11:58 AM

Thanks unpinkpanther,

Price points were from reading suggestions about Hotsheets here on SOWPub and on the Warrior Forum. The idea of finding people willing to spend money made sense. Even if it was a few bucks. OTOH - I already know people do spend money on Astrology, Tarot, psychics, and such.

I need to hone in on my ideal crowd. Right now, I am researching what other businesses with clients are charging both for courses and services and the differences between them.

So it's not a matter of seeing whether or not there are people willing to buy in general. In this case, it's a matter of seeing if what I am offering is something people will buy and for what price.

Starting with a free hotsheet in exchange for an email gives me useful information fast. Plus, I can get direct feedback from my readers about where I am heading. Which gives me the ability to adjust what I am creating to fit what they want to buy.

Thanks again!

Eric