SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Getting Branded (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7891)

Bozo December 8, 2011 10:02 PM

Getting Branded

I've had signs on my car long enough now, and have cleaned a bunch of headlights, such that I'm being recognized. We had dinner at my favorite taco stand tonight, and overheard the construction guys in the nearby ditch say "Hey, there's "The Headlight Guy"."

Finished dinner and then cleaned the taco lady's headlights. She said her husband had tried and tried to clean them with stuff he had bought. They were a mess, and now they shine like new.

I have "The Headlight Guy" on my car door signs. It was just a lucky pick for a name. People like it.

sandalwood December 9, 2011 10:31 AM

Re: Getting Branded

Boz,

A quick question - why don't you have your phone # underneath The Headlight Guy? As branded as you are in your town, it would seem you wouldn't have to go sit anywhere people instead would be calling you.

Have a great day!

Tom

Robert J. December 9, 2011 04:02 PM

Hey, Bo! Good stuff!

You were obviously doing this prior to Gordon's mentions here on the board? correct?

Are you utilizing any of the marketing from Gordon's product (the stuff that the Boz uses?

Wait a minute! You are ... duh ...

Bozo December 9, 2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert J. (Post 29692)
Wait a minute! You are ... duh ...

lol...you could get a clown costume too!:)

I have signs on the front doors and one on the back. They're the magnetic stick on kind, and have my phone number.

The signs make me recognizable, but it's rare to get a call. One guy followed me to a store because of the sign on the back. We did two cars for him. I've gotten two calls from the signs total since August.

They're not big enough to see from any distance, so I use the banners when parked.

sandalwood December 10, 2011 11:08 AM

I guess people are so used to seeing signs on cars they don't call. I would have thought yours being different from the usual real estate agent, for example, sign you would have received more calls.

That's what I get for thinking. I promise never to think again :D

Bozo December 10, 2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandalwood (Post 29694)
I guess people are so used to seeing signs on cars they don't call. I would have thought yours being different from the usual real estate agent, for example, sign you would have received more calls.

That's what I get for thinking. I promise never to think again :D

It was the same for my referral cards. I offer $10 off to get your lights cleaned, give out coded cards to the customer for him to pass out, I get a card back, that customer gets the $10 off plus I send the referrer $10. A person could pay for their cleaning that way.

Not one card came back.

Why?

Robert J. December 10, 2011 06:33 PM

I think getting "sparkling clear headlights" is just not sexy enough for somebody to spread the word at the water cooler or on the sidelines at Saturday's soccer game.

It's a good lesson that what "seems" like a no-brainer ... may not be as no-brain as we like to think.

Looks like Bozo has come up with an approach (or approaches) that do meet the no-brainer level ... and that keeps him plenty busy!

Not too bad for a "clown," huh?!?!? :)

ailmailjz December 13, 2011 03:51 PM

nice think u dudeeeeeeeeee...............