SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Newbie Here!!! (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5828)

youbetcha1018 November 5, 2008 04:48 PM

Newbie Here!!!

I'm sorry if I put this on a wrong place. I am new in this forum and I just hope that I will gain and share ideas with you guys here. I know that I will definitely enjoy my stay here. Cheers!

Dien Rice November 5, 2008 04:57 PM

Re: Newbie Here!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by youbetcha1018 (Post 22929)
I'm sorry if I put this on a wrong place. I am new in this forum and I just hope that I will gain and share ideas with you guys here. I know that I will definitely enjoy my stay here. Cheers!

Hi "Youbetcha",

Welcome aboard! :)

Cheers,

Dien

youbetcha1018 November 5, 2008 05:04 PM

Thanks!:)

MichaelRoss November 6, 2008 03:56 AM

What's your real name?

Michael Ross

youbetcha1018 November 10, 2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelRoss (Post 22936)
What's your real name?

Michael Ross

Hi there Michael, my real name is Cristina.:) Thanks.

MichaelRoss November 10, 2008 03:22 PM

Cristina, please abide by this...

Cristina,

Thanks for giving us a Name.

As has been pointed out by Gordon, we frown upon Me Too posts. Those posts which are only a few words long and which would be reminiscent of something said in IRC and not a Discussion board, and which add nothing extra to the discussion. Such as...

E.g # 1 - I agree.

E.g # 2 - This is a nice tip. Very helpful info indeed.

E.g # 3 - This is a very funny video. I actually saw that vid before in another forum.

E.g # 4 - Sounds like fun. Have a good time.

E.g # 5 - I've got one of those dresses. Comfy aren't they.

None of those add anything to the conversation. And hence, they will be nuked, zapped, deleted, removed. And so will any post which resembles those, or resembles any useless brief Instant Message Like thing.

If you have a question, feel free to ask it. If you have something to Add - some knowledge or whatnot - then certainly answer someone's question, or share your knowledge. Just don't waste your time posting Me Too stuff cause it'll be gone. Ok?

We cover a wide variety of topics here. Sure, there is some business, investing - real estate, stockmarket - health, politics, software, philosophy, humor and trivia to do with the preceding. We've got business owners, photographers, salesmen, copywriters, computer potatoes, people with normal jobs and visiting space aliens at this forum.

We've got people ranging from light cream colored skin to quite dark brown. Lefties, righties, centeries. Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists and even members of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster - who even has a Wikipedia Page and a cool logo

And through our diversity we all abide by the same rule... no Me To posts.

Michael Ross