SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Your cost of living is going to go up... (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9707)

Dien Rice November 17, 2016 11:04 PM

Your cost of living is going to go up...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

What can we expect from a Trump presidency?

One promise Trump has repeatedly made is to put up trade barriers...

Explicitly, he's said...

He's going to have a 45% tariff on goods from China.
He's going to put up a 35% tariff on products from Mexico, to force American manufacturers to relocate back to the USA.
He's going to force Apple to make their iPhones in the USA.

This will be good for jobs... But the prices for everything are going to go through the roof.

Let's take one example, the Apple one.

Foxconn makes Apple iPhones in China. They pay their workers $1.85 per hour.

If Apple opens a factory in the USA, will they be able to pay their workers $1.85 per hour? Of course not.

If Apple made its phones at home, the price of an iPhone could jump from $650 to $1,300 or more...

In fact, we're lucky if the price just doubles.

This will be true of every product now made in China, Mexico, or wherever else Trump wants to force manufacturing to come back...

I'm not saying this is bad. More jobs is a good thing.

It's especially good for the younger folks, since most of the new jobs will go to them.

I'm just stating the facts - there's always a price to pay, and that's the price.

If you're not one of the younger folks getting a job, it means this. You're going to spend a lot more of your hard-earned cash, to get the same as what you get for it now...

That means, you better know how to make more money, if you want to keep your lifestyle...

Those are some hard facts we will probably see in the next year or two ahead (depending on how fast these trade barriers go up)...

If you don't know how to bring in as much cash as you want, now is the time to start learning.

Best wishes,

Dien

Dien Rice November 18, 2016 01:04 AM

More evidence that prices are going to go up...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 37453)
You're going to spend a lot more of your hard-earned cash, to get the same as what you get for it now...

That means, you better know how to make more money, if you want to keep your lifestyle...

Here's an article which says essentially the same thing, with a wider point of view...

The price of everything in America may be about to go up
http://www.businessinsider.com/infla...-trump-2016-11

If you don't know how to make more money when you want it... Now's a good time to learn...!!

- Dien

ron lafuddy November 18, 2016 07:00 AM

I hear that train a comin'...

It's easy to see the storm coming, isn't it Dien?

It's going to hit hard and hit deep.

It's going to be bloody, too.

Lurking in the dark are those "cans kicked down the road", discussed in earlier threads. They are coming due.

The price will be high under President Trump.

The price would have been higher under President Clinton, who was determined to push us into war with Russia.

I can survive and thrive in just about any economic environment, but if nuclear bombs are falling at the same time, all bets are off.

Ron

GordonJ November 18, 2016 08:47 AM

Bomb shelters, bullets and bagels. A guide to surviving the Trump Presidency.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron lafuddy (Post 37455)
It's easy to see the storm coming, isn't it Dien?

It's going to hit hard and hit deep.

It's going to be bloody, too.

Lurking in the dark are those "cans kicked down the road", discussed in earlier threads. They are coming due.

The price will be high under President Trump.

The price would have been higher under President Clinton, who was determined to push us into war with Russia.

I can survive and thrive in just about any economic environment, but if nuclear bombs are falling at the same time, all bets are off.

Ron

Actual title of the next episode of Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE.

It is the dirty bomb, maybe accomplished via a "bombing" of software and nuclear power plants, consider Fukushima, Chernobyl and Three Mile Island.

I'd avoid New Mexico, storage central of waste. But, more likely is a domestic attack, and even a greater threat, expanded gang warfare.

Opinion: a safe room in your home is a good idea, if you can defend it.

Basement bomb shelters as a Biz-Op? Why not? Retreats? (Most survivalists and a few preppers already have them, wrote about these circa 1999 for the Y2K panic).

In the next four years, you can't have too many bullets, a reloader might come in handy. And bagels represent the food, and food prices will soar, maybe double.

Wall Street is prepping for inflation, add to scarcity, fear...what an opportune time to make your moolah, eh? But, then, it has been like this, for, what, 50 years? Or longer?

Anyhow, more in the newsletter on Tuesday.

Gordon

PS. TWO things you must have ready, AIR and WATER. The perfect retreat would have all the elements of a nuclear submarine deployed for a couple of months running silent and running deep. How do they do it? OH, yea, I know!!

ron lafuddy November 18, 2016 01:04 PM

Will that be a one or two holer?

Yepper, prepper. Time to start that customized outhouse business.

Coming soon, to a neighborhood near you. Maybe add a trap door for an escape hatch. Whoops...not that one!!

A place to ponder, what's over yonder.

Stack the old phone books and catalogs in the corner Mr. Whipple, and don't be squeezing them.

Comes with a "strategically located" picture, of your favorite political putz. Designed to improve the aim of the "ever wayward" male occupant.

Ron

GordonJ November 18, 2016 02:02 PM

Two story outhouse. Corn cobs piled high.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron lafuddy (Post 37457)
Yepper, prepper. Time to start that customized outhouse business.

Coming soon, to a neighborhood near you. Maybe add a trap door for an escape hatch. Whoops...not that one!!

A place to ponder, what's over yonder.

Stack the old phone books and catalogs in the corner Mr. Whipple, and don't be squeezing them.

Comes with a "strategically located" picture, of your favorite political putz. Designed to improve the aim of the "ever wayward" male occupant.

Ron

Bomb shelter plans are available now, or call them "storm cellars" if you prefer. How about some Tee Pee with Trump or Hilary on it, or both?

Those old yellow pages will come in handy, and intertwine a few for some bullet slowing down walls, between the concrete blocks and the 2" steel.

It all comes down soon, so eat, drink and be Mary. Before you get hung for wearing a dress while having a penis.

GJA all puns intended with a groan.

Leanora Buckley November 26, 2016 11:46 PM

Re: Two story outhouse. Corn cobs piled high.

Or you can move to Canada like some celebrities said they would if Trump wins. I've even included a guide to how much it'll cost that I found. :D

http://www.thepennyhoarder.com/heres...if-trump-wins/

glamorousfashion December 2, 2016 01:35 AM

Re: Your cost of living is going to go up...

I don't think, that the threat of high prices is within America only. It is actually happening in the Philippines right now especially that the exchange rates of dollar to Peso went up. That would mean a decrease in the value of the Philippine money.

Steve MacLellan December 9, 2016 11:07 PM

Re: Two story outhouse. Corn cobs piled high.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leanora Buckley (Post 37480)
Or you can move to Canada like some celebrities said they would if Trump wins. I've even included a guide to how much it'll cost that I found.

Depends on where you live. For example Moncton, New Brunswick area, seeks to import 700 skilled American workers. See article here:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...cans-1.3878129

Century21 real estate: houses for sale for 150,000 or less in the Moncton area:

http://www.century21.ca/search/0-150...84961/v_Hybrid

Regards,
Steve

SteveSki December 10, 2016 12:48 AM

Re: Your cost of living is going to go up...

Wish I had bookmarked the link to an
article I read last week where Apple stated
that their cost to assemble a iPhone in China
is $1.62 but would cost $12.50 in the USA.

They only plan to assemble the phones in the USA, but
will still purchase the parts from the lowest cost vendors
who compete for Apples business each year.

But that extra $10.88 cost per phone gives them a good
way to spin a story and jack the prices up.

Prices will go up because the elites who are smarter
than deplorable stupid Trump supports will see to it so
they can blame Trump while they plan and scheme how
to raid America, while they live inside of their well protected
gated communities designed to keep illegal immigrants and
deplorable Trump supporters out... They are out to punish the
voters for temporarily taking political power away from them.

So they will hit everyone in the pocket until they brainwash enough
people into being good little gullible liberal zombies and regain and
increase their political power.