SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   Original SOWPub Forum Archive (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dien Rice ... Your Help Please. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2284)

Raymond February 15, 2002 09:16 PM

Dien Rice ... Your Help Please.

Dien ...

I'm trying to take advantage of a Don Alms idea.

(Idea): Take photos of local car dealers trade ins and put them up on a website.

I would greatly appreciate you looking at the website I'm working on and giving me your thoughts as to the content found on the page.

http://www.cardealertradeins.com

Thanks,

Raymond

------------------------------------------

Dien Rice February 15, 2002 10:30 PM

More info please....

Hi Raymond,

> I'm trying to take advantage of a Don Alms
> idea.

> (Idea): Take photos of local car dealers
> trade ins and put them up on a website.

I'm not familiar with the idea, did Don Alm post this somewhere? If so, could you provide a link?

By the way, if you purchase one of Don Alm's products, I'm sure you could get help from Don himself - I think he's happy to help his customers personally.... If you really want to make this work, that's probably your best bet.

Anyhow, please provide a link to where I can read more about this, if this was posted on a forum somewhere, so I can know more what this idea is about.... Is it an advertising service for the dealer, or are you trying to sell the cars directly for a kind of commission? Please provide more details or a link to where the idea is explained....

- Dien Rice

Raymond February 16, 2002 10:51 PM

Re: More info please....

Hi Dien ...

Sorry I haven't answered sooner. I've been sick.

Here is part of a Don Alm post about taking photos of car dealer trade ins and putting them up on a website.
------------------------------------------------

Although, about 3 yrs ago...when digital cameras first came out....I did show a guy how to make some "serious" money by setting up a website and putting Car Dealers used cars up there for $25 for 90 days.

This was when the web was just getting going and it was a "novelty". I don't know if this would still work today.

He had about 20 car dealers participating. He had a route set up where he would visit 4 car lots a day...20 a week.
He'd take photos of the cars they got in on trade and put them up on the site with a descriptive paragraph. His dealers were "averaging" 20
cars a week...so he was taking photos of 80 cars a day....x $25 = 2,000 A DAY.

This guy was a "super-salesman" and I learned a LOT from him. Only problem was he liked to drive fast and one night coming back from the coast he slid on black ice and went into the river.

I was too involved with my stuff and his project just died.

Right now, I don't know how car dealers feel about the internet but some of those I know around here...only use it for "window dressing to
SAY they are "ONLINE"".

Don't know if they'd go for a "Photo-Ad" program or not.

Why don't YOU get yourself a Digital Cam...put up a website and put car dealer's "Trade-Ins" on line for $25 for 90 days? I'll bet you
could get business EVEN NOW!

Just FIVE dealers giving you 20 trades a week would put $500 A DAY....
into your pockets...$2500 A WEEK!

Car sales are going thru the roof. They just had the BIGGEST Month (Oct) in the HISTORY of car sales!

YOUR program would give them another avenue for exposure.

Man O Man....the more I talk about THIS thing...the more I'm thinking "Why don't I get my lazy buns out there and start taking
pictures?"

-----------------------------------------------

I have several local car dealers willing to work with me on a commission basis, per vehicle.

What I need now is the right content on the website (before I start advertising) so people will understand what the site is all about.

Like I said earlier, your help with the content would be greatly appreciated.

Raymond

--------------------------------------------

> Hi Raymond,

> I'm not familiar with the idea, did Don Alm
> post this somewhere? If so, could you
> provide a link?

> By the way, if you purchase one of Don Alm's
> products, I'm sure you could get help from
> Don himself - I think he's happy to help his
> customers personally.... If you really want
> to make this work, that's probably your best
> bet.

> Anyhow, please provide a link to where I can
> read more about this, if this was posted on
> a forum somewhere, so I can know more what
> this idea is about.... Is it an advertising
> service for the dealer, or are you trying to
> sell the cars directly for a kind of
> commission? Please provide more details or a
> link to where the idea is explained....

> - Dien Rice