SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Writers. As evergreen a market as you'll find. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10512)

GordonJ October 14, 2019 12:38 PM

Writers. As evergreen a market as you'll find.

So, yesterday was Writer's day at the local library. They told me it was the most attended event of the year. Dozens of would be writers showed up to talk to the authors who had books published, or who had self published books.

Nothing new was revealed, in fact, most of it I believe I heard 40 years ago at the University of Akron's, monthly meeting of Writer's Club, which had about 80 or so regulars, and would break out after general meeting into smaller groups.

The dream and Hope of being an author is alive and well, and with today's technology, even easier to break into.

So, I'm thinking of writing a book, with some co-operation.

The title is?> IF YOU CAN WRITE, YOU CAN PROSPER...subtitled

How to Turn Your Words into Cold Hard Cash. I would like to make this a real book, printed on paper and all that. A hand out. A give away. A front end piece.

You can help, and if we do it, get a free copy or better yet, a blurb in the book and/OR, if you cowrite a chapter and buy a few copies, you can use it as your own self promotional tool.

IF we do it, it will be a quick project, ain't got time for nothing all drawn out and taking months to bring to market. Quick.

So, far here are some of the ideas for the book: feel free to add ideas if you have any.

Intro. History of SowPub, and our work here.

Work for hire writers. Copy, content, article, jokes, stories.

HOTSHEETS.

Specialty Reports, folios and white papers.

Writing ads. (copy writing).

Blogs, forums, and comments.

Where to sell your writing*** PROBABLY the one thing all would be writers want to know. May be bulk of book.

Legal.

Resources.

And this is a very rough outline, as we flesh out the project, we'll see what it needs to have.

I've read hundreds of books on writing, and still, even today, the one thing most lack is the MARKETING of your writing. How to sell what you write.

And I've read dozens of books on that subject, albeit, most suck.

As I'm outlining my first classes, this seems like something I could do, and have the book there for my students too. After yesterday's event and recent information, I think helping writers could be a very lucrative path.

Thanks for any and all ideas, public or private if you prefer. [email protected]

Gordon

Millard Grubb October 14, 2019 01:23 PM

Re: Writers. As evergreen a market as you'll find.

Gordon,

You could actually write a short book on "How To Get Your Book To Market Quickly" or something similar.

Or "Writing Your Book The Quick and Easy Way"

Or "Confessions of a Lazy Author Who Finally Got His Book To Market in 30 Days"

Millard