SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My 2023 offer. Here tis: (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11375)

GordonJ December 22, 2022 02:59 PM

My 2023 offer. Here tis:

https://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/2023a.pdf

Five thousand a month, guaranteed.

Gordon

GordonJ December 23, 2022 11:13 AM

The reason I ask where do you live?...IS...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 43479)
https://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/2023a.pdf
Five thousand a month, guaranteed.
Gordon

Where do you live? One of my questions when I respond to your email.

Why? Often, we are in the Acres Of Diamonds (book title by Russell Conwell) territory with where we live.

Be it a tourist or vacation destination, or some history, or just the residents, there is or could be some gold nuggets right at your doorstep.

Maybe you live in a town where an important historical figure was born, we often see town signs that say, something like, Birthplace of Abe Lincoln (that guy was born in several locations, and lived more places than Johnny Cash sang about in his song, I've been everywhere)...

Today, we're right in the middle of a old fashioned Winter Storm, high winds, sub Zero temps on top of a rain/snow on the ground...it is a YIKES sort of a day.

I'll be taking pictures tomorrow and Sunday of the river, these conditions make it look beautiful. What would I do with them?

Well, one thing...and this has always been a back burner for me, but I wish I had the time...my 50th high school class reunion was in 2018...and a few hundred of the 1000 class members showed up.

During the last 50 years, an average of 558 people have graduated from this High School, and it is one of 3 in the city...or all told, more than 50,000 people, the city population have graduated from here.

The back burner is an annual HOLIDAY GUIDE.

Lots of pics from the way back NOSTALGIA and through the ages.

My junior high SILL SCHOOL is gone, but there still is an active Facebook group telling tall tales of their jr high days.

There is a market for LOCAL, and regional memorabilia and vintage nostalgia.

I could issue a special reprint of poems of Edward Roland Sill, the local poet the school was named for, and mix in pics of students now and then, have them write some short stories...and probably find a ready to buy market.

This is the reason I ask where you live...I'm not going to hop on a plane and come knock on your door, just trying to get an idea of ALL of the stored value you have.

And almost all of us have some stored value in local nostalgia.

Gordon

GordonJ December 24, 2022 03:19 PM

Christmas pause, but fast starts for a couple of Sowpubbers.

A break for Christmas, but in just a couple of days, a couple of SowPubbers have gotten off to a fast start.

I like to work fast, make plans but get a sales page up, even before the product is ready. Why Not?

The reason I make people do a promotion, is, to get them to think through what they are doing, what they want to see.

So, with a folio, HOTSHEET, or White Paper type first product, there may be more words and information in the promotion than the product has.

Once we have that up, we flesh out several long term pathways, not knowing which one or if any of those we will go down.

It is a process. The initial work is getting off to a fast start, examining, seeing if our thinking is going in the right direction, then adjustments. But having something for sale, in the first week, is almost always part of my process.

Gordon

trevord92 December 24, 2022 04:15 PM

Re: My 2023 offer. Here tis:

Thanks Gordon.

I seem to remember this being called "Ready, Fire, Aim"

Nice tactic and beats procrastination every time :)

GordonJ December 24, 2022 08:00 PM

More of a test shot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevord92 (Post 43483)
Thanks Gordon.
I seem to remember this being called "Ready, Fire, Aim"
Nice tactic and beats procrastination every time :)

Sort of. More like Fire (test shot), AIM, maybe ready.

Procrastination is indeed, the thief of time. Here us my Christmas gift to the group;

Writing a promotion very first thing, makes you think about who the customer might be, how much and what to say. It may not.

As a tool, it overcomes any thought (procrastination)... Even if it is rough as off brand single ply toilet paper, it will get the job done.

Then, we will put the POP (PictoGrigm Of Persuasion) into play, and there is the tool to flesh out who the TARGET (or Avatar/Prospect/Buyer) is and where and how to get their attention and what to do after that.

Is that single person part of a herd? Where do they gather, and will the same thing work for all (or profitable % ) of them.

Sure, a billionaire is a good target, if you can get millions out of them, but the writing of the promotion first thing is like the first domino in the chain one would be knocking down.

Getting started, is often the hardest part of getting started.

Gordon