SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   YOUR advice, expertise, opinions and suggestions matter to me...my love child. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10503)

GordonJ September 26, 2019 02:09 PM

YOUR advice, expertise, opinions and suggestions matter to me...my love child.

The next 3 months I'll be testing my baby, The GJA SQ1 WORKSHOPS. Here is why, and how you can help (with a reward too!).

A new co-op work space has opened a few blocks from me, right next to library, behind post office and a block from the New DOWNTOWN area. It is a good location. It is also a back burner business for the owner, who has his time filled with consulting work, so he hasn't done anything to promote the site.

It is in an older building with a lot of nooks and crannies he converted, ONE big conference room which could seat maybe 12-18 people. For 200 bux a month, he guarantees 10 hours of the conference room.

In any one of the other spaces, there is enough privacy to hold maybe 3-6 people, I'm aiming for 4 Max at a time, but can do it for one too.

There is high speed Internet, copy machine, fax, lockers and mailboxes if you want them. Very few people use it at this time. With the library right next store, and plenty of room, and even meeting rooms available, not many will spend the 200 for his space, not yet anyhow. So, it will be good for me test stuff there.

I want to eventually test the SQ1 out, in total, but in the meantime, bits and pieces...and try to figure a few things out.

First problem is AWARENESS, how to promote, where to advertise, and what to offer. I'll have some FREE stuff at craigslist, under events, classes, etc. I may start a Facebook group, activate my many social media sites, which I have and never used...but if it helps get attention, why not?

I'll have a simple website, with courses/classes being offered. I may advertise in local paper and high schools newspapers, we have four high schools in the city...and two big unis near by, Akron U and Kent State.

I think the low price point will be 19.95, upper at 99, but most at either 25 or 49 dollars. At the lowest, need 10 a month to pay for place. At 99, only 2.

So, if you have any AWARENESS ideas, and I'm open to anything, let me know.

Here is a list of potential workshops, all can be changed, modified, have a product behind them (will probably print out and use as a "text book").

HOW TO MAKE $200.00 EXTRA A WEEK BY BUYING AND SELLING- Basically the CHATTEL REPORT and new online buying and selling.

REMOTE INFLUENCE. Can be modified to be a COPYWRITING class, a direct response marketing class, a how to meet a lover type thing, or has a lot of ability to be used as base for other courses.

DIRECT SELLING. Or Direct Influnece, persuasion and can include the power of the hypnotic gaze, how to instantly hypnotize someone with your psychic power gaze. Can use the foundation to build multiple framework around it.

ONLINE business, choosing the one that suits you.

How to turn your experience, knowledge and wisdom into cold hard cash. Could include the AUTOMATIC PRODUCT VENDING report.

I also have a video camera, to record classes and sessions, which could be multipurposed. And I have a ton of other possible ideas.

But keeping the SQ1 in mind, and using it as my guide.

The five areas are:

Financial
Physical
Relationships
Mental
Spiritual

I begin with $$ because it is the easiest to understand. How to make money, keep it, invest it...what to do with your work hours. Many of my reports over the years have this focus. It is an evergreen market.

So, probably the first few workshops will also be $$$ focused, but at any given time, any of the rings in the circus could have the spotlight on them.

Any ideas, thoughts would be appreciated. I will probably start with what I know best, chatteling or buying and selling or report writing, IM, or something along those lines.

Thanks,

Gordon

PS. If you have a good idea, I'll give a reward, maybe a scratch off lottery ticket or a cookie. Some thing, other than my gratitude.

www.bigeasydesk.com is the website if you want to see what it looks like.

JunaidRaza September 29, 2019 03:17 AM

Re: YOUR advice, expertise, opinions and suggestions matter to me...my love child.

The website you shared is really great.

GordonJ September 29, 2019 12:22 PM

My first lead generator, FREE workshop will be....

How to turn your knowledge and experience into cold hard cash.

This is going to be both a scheduled workshop and done on demand. It will be about 2 hours.

The overview.

Intro, 15 mins. History, and worksheets.
Individual summaries or experience, skills, and desires to share.

20 mins on the steps to creating a report,

20 mins on defining niche, market TARGET.

Summary...Action Steps.

What I hope comes out of this FREE offering is:

Some press and traction. Buzz.

Some potential workshops, which I can host and they can teach. Win/Win/
Win.

Possible JV. Referrals, who do you know, what other classes have you taken, etc.

I hope to have this workshop ready and promoted by mid Oct. I am developing a ton of workshops, getting quotes from experienced web site builders (both wix and wordpress), my rough draft sample is a free Wix site, but quotes between 300 and 1500 for a professional site are coming in.

I have to spreadsheet the TIME it is going to take and make a decision on whether to pull that trigger.

I am hopeful, a few FREE workshops (which I could also do at the library)...will give me feedback.

You have long heard me talk about STORED VALUE and many of you have talked to me about your own stored value of experiences, and a FEW have even gotten that stored value out of their heads and into circulation, albeit,

MOST of you I have talked to, haven't yet gotten a round tuit. Someday, maybe, someday.

So, as I am laying this thing out, in pencil, working the rungs of the ladder, this should prove to be a very interesting trial balloon of the project (which I deem replicable in cities around the world) and whether or not to green light the biggest part of it (COMMITMENT OF TIME).

Thanks for your private suggestions, seems to be the preference these days, I guess forums are dead. Oh well.

Gordon

Glenn September 30, 2019 11:36 PM

A Suggestion Gordon - Glenn

Financial
Physical
Relationships
Mental
Spiritual

Thanks Gordon,

Got a Idea I've been Selling for 100 bucks
for several years.

Combines The Top 2 Items in Your List.

Financial and Physical.

I Woke up with an idea and Wrote it down. Been Playing with it for several years.

Trying to figure out how to S*Ell a Report or mp3 or Video HOW-To
about it.

The idea Came from Combining ideas from:

a - Great Grandmaster Kim HEAL SOMEONE with CHI from her hands. (1st female 5th degree black belt - Korea

b - A Chat with the Asian Sensei of a Famous Surgeon

c - An Audio from a man who owns his own island

TAKES 5 - 10 minutes.

I - You ask ONE Question.

II - You Anchor their Answer Energy to a (Sight & sound)

III - Ask Permission to RAISE their Chi Energy

IV - Then While they are ENERGIZED and EXCITED you ask, "Would You Pay me 100.00 to Learn how to Raise and Lower Your Energy YOURSELF?

Without my help?

V - IF they hesitate - You Lower their Energy back Down and they
feel TIRED AGAIN.

Most pay right away.

Thanks,
Glenn

P.S. - Based on Your Description of the size of the 200.00 a mo space.

You Should be able to Have 14 People (Write down) answer ONE QUESTION and then RAISE all of their Energy 10 or 20 Times.

I've been doing this on the phone too.

P.P.S. - BRAIN NEURON Method - Boost energy for ONE Attendee. BEFORE the Gig. Then raise and lower their Energy at front of class.

Extra Energy is the #1 Request Doctors Get
from Patients.

Very, very easy to do.

Glenn October 1, 2019 05:13 PM

Idea From Robert Allen

Thanks For Asking for Ideas Gordon,

While in the Process of Declaring Bankruptcy, the Real Estate Guru - Robert Allan - held a seminar in his Wife's Palacial home.

One of my customers attended.

And called me to Complain.

Robert Told The Attendees who had p*aid 7K, "You Should Watch and Take Notes
because You Can Learn a Lot from Watching this."

Then he spent hours a day.

Asking Attendees:

a - Which book headline do you LIKE BEST?

b - Which idea for a seminar would you Attend?

c - Which MLM offer would you B*uy?

(HEH HEH HEH - He had the #1 Guy from an MLM right there. And when He found the #1 Winning headline and Benefit and offer. He signed people up RIGHT THERE. I should mention that he became #1 in that MLM by visiting OTHER Guru's events and doing the same thing.)

Sharon, my Client, was UPSET.

(I Think she was mad Robert had obviously transferred all his assets to his Wife
BEFORE he declared Bankruptcy.)

But Sharon ALSO thought Robert was wasting her Time and Taking Advantage to ***S*ELL*** HER STUFF. Instead of ***teaching*** her stuff.

But I Laughed and said, "ASKING You What You want to B*uy then S*ELLING
it to you is BRILLIANT."

And now.

Whenever I am asked to Speak to a Lions club, Chamber of Commerce or BNI group.

Or To a Bunch of people on a Conference Call.

I Flash an over-head projector Slide. Or email/Send them a One Page List of
Bullet Point Headlines.

And ask, "What one of these Proven Munny Making ideas Do You Want
to Get The Step by step Details on FIRST?"

AND ALWAYS have something ready to S*ell that fits that niche.

Thanks,
Glenn Osborn
M*illionaire Mastermind Marketing Association

P.S. - Robert is a Smart Marketer.

Don't You Think It More HELPFUL to your Attendees to ASK Them What They Want to B*UY. Then S*ELL them the details so they can benefit - Right Away?

And You ALSO P*rofit - While you are in your Testing Phase.

So.

Win - Win.

You make money so you can Test more ideas. And thus You Help more people.

Millard Grubb October 2, 2019 07:49 AM

Re: YOUR advice, expertise, opinions and suggestions matter to me...my love child.

This post should be saved by anyone who reads this forum !

Thanks Glenn !

You pointed out the obvious.

Much like Gary Halbert's wish for a starving crowd, you've reminded us that ASKING what someone wants and then giving it to them... makes sales easy.

GordonJ October 2, 2019 08:54 AM

Yes, thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 40232)
Thanks For Asking for Ideas Gordon,

While in the Process of Declaring Bankruptcy, the Real Estate Guru - Robert Allan - held a seminar in his Wife's Palacial home.

One of my customers attended.

And called me to Complain.

Robert Told The Attendees who had p*aid 7K, "You Should Watch and Take Notes
because You Can Learn a Lot from Watching this."

Then he spent hours a day.

Asking Attendees:

a - Which book headline do you LIKE BEST?

b - Which idea for a seminar would you Attend?

c - Which MLM offer would you B*uy?

(HEH HEH HEH - He had the #1 Guy from an MLM right there. And when He found the #1 Winning headline and Benefit and offer. He signed people up RIGHT THERE. I should mention that he became #1 in that MLM by visiting OTHER Guru's events and doing the same thing.)

Sharon, my Client, was UPSET.

(I Think she was mad Robert had obviously transferred all his assets to his Wife
BEFORE he declared Bankruptcy.)

But Sharon ALSO thought Robert was wasting her Time and Taking Advantage to ***S*ELL*** HER STUFF. Instead of ***teaching*** her stuff.

But I Laughed and said, "ASKING You What You want to B*uy then S*ELLING
it to you is BRILLIANT."

And now.

Whenever I am asked to Speak to a Lions club, Chamber of Commerce or BNI group.

Or To a Bunch of people on a Conference Call.

I Flash an over-head projector Slide. Or email/Send them a One Page List of
Bullet Point Headlines.

And ask, "What one of these Proven Munny Making ideas Do You Want
to Get The Step by step Details on FIRST?"

AND ALWAYS have something ready to S*ell that fits that niche.

Thanks,
Glenn Osborn
M*illionaire Mastermind Marketing Association

P.S. - Robert is a Smart Marketer.

Don't You Think It More HELPFUL to your Attendees to ASK Them What They Want to B*UY. Then S*ELL them the details so they can benefit - Right Away?

And You ALSO P*rofit - While you are in your Testing Phase.

So.

Win - Win.

You make money so you can Test more ideas. And thus You Help more people.

The idea is to test small ads (craigslist, local papers, local community sites) with that in mind, to ask which or what. The FREE workshops, are the lead generators, mostly evergreen topics always with demand (money, health, romance).

Using the SQ1 as a tool, they do it themselves. They ASK themselves what they want. They TELL ME, based on a one of a kind tool, a personalized only for them tool, exactly what to offer them next, I don't feel the need to sell them, they are the product.

The Prospect as a Product buys what they want, especially if it is NOT an off the shelf solution, albeit, most think they are unique but fit into the 90% part where all one has to do is a small amount of customization.

Somewhat akin to the old days when laser printers first came out and we could slug names into slots to make promotions more personalized.

The SQ1 works like that, but each person is different, so they may be in pursuit of money, or love, or health...the path they choose (and the products needed for that path) is one of a kind and all things created On Demand, USING TEMPLATES, and slugging personal info into it.

I could be wrong, but I don't want to do the OLD WORLD way. Whether it is a funnel in IM terms, or a lead gen, or loss leader...with backends, upsells, cross sells, the whole idea of SELLING is bothersome.

The only sale I'm trying to make them BUY is...THEM and their self-improvement, their goals, their desires made manifest and the HOW TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN comes from a self-created, self serving plan based on SQ1.

Again, the PROSPECT IS THE PRODUCT and I don't believe there needs to be much selling when it comes to people's self interest. I do think they are more interested in themselves (most of the time) than in anything else. Sure, they buy things for underlying reasons, all of which can be found on the SQ1.

There is no funnel, no add on, no other products to sell, just continuous and never ending self serving solutions, offered for a price just for them. So one guy may pay 995 while another pays 99 for the same "template" for whatever, but it suits them.

Believe me, asking them is important, but, I learned from many real life simulations and focus study groups at SCI, until there is money on the table to spend, often answers to what they want, aren't accurate enough to create products around.
But, if they are willing to buy, on the spot, from money earned for being there, then you have a truer test of demand.

The SQ1 eliminates all that. They can only write down what is, what was, and THEN, what they want in the future. After that, no sales are needed.

GordonJ

Glenn October 7, 2019 04:51 PM

Looking forward to Your Munny Making Tests Gordon

Thanks Gordon,

I confess.

I Pre-test and do the S*ales/Marketing FOR Consulting Clients.
(Which is HOW I can Offer them a Moolah Back Guarantee)

And

Newbies too.

So I am Very Interested in Any ways you have found to Help People
Make Extra Cash (And do it themselves) - right there in the Banquet room.

Sounds fantastic.

Glenn

GordonJ October 8, 2019 08:57 AM

I'm a fan of your testing Glenn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 40246)
Thanks Gordon,

I confess.

I Pre-test and do the S*ales/Marketing FOR Consulting Clients.
(Which is HOW I can Offer them a Moolah Back Guarantee)

And

Newbies too.

So I am Very Interested in Any ways you have found to Help People
Make Extra Cash (And do it themselves) - right there in the Banquet room.

Sounds fantastic.

Glenn

Thanks Glenn. Almost a decade ago I waded through two awkward quicksand pits, both of which I got myself into. One great lesson from Harvey Brody, which I somehow overlooked was, don't put yourself in a position to have the rug pulled out from underneath you. Subsequently I had to float a few trial balloons along with dragging a couple of red herrings across the forum.

As transparent as I was, I learned that wasn't the best way to go. And there are those who want all your chips, ala, Robert Ringer's philosophy.

With burn marks fresh on my butt, I quit detailing my off line activity, never got deep into it, but then it was a "shut the heck up and get back to fly low and collect the dough".

Anyhow, with the "brainery" idea, which came about because my daughter taught class at the Brooklyn Brainery, and she loved the idea and wondered if Northeast Ohio had one, and if so, she might move home for a year to finish her third book, IF, she had a place to teach.

So, I thought. Why not? But, making sure the rug is glued to the floor, getting all the ducks in a row, measuring thrice before I cut...any and all cliches one can think of about not just jumping in, albeit, that is often the advice of those who just say DO IT. I have just done it. It didn't work out for me.

And when I see you testing things here and with your followers, I get good ideas, and it is much easier to test and come up with something you know is going to work and payoff, especially if it is a no or low cost test, and avoid the blocks which come up down the road.

We have several new businesses in downtown Cuyahoga Falls, I would bet at least five of them will NOT be around next year at this time. They were built on the wrong assumption; build it and they will come. NO they won't.

Now if I were a working man, I'd offer to help them, but I can't waste time on the foolish folk, who had the money or got it somehow, and

FELL IN LOVE WITH THEIR IDEA, maybe even going into debt for it...

Only to find the customers. consumers, and clients are not beating a path to their doors. This seems to me to be pandemic in small business start-ups.

I like my idea. Mainly because it isn't my brain child. It has successful models, with the Brooklyn and Rochester Brainery's in operation, sort of picking up the slack of the Learning Annex. And here we have a lot of community classes at our Community Center, although, they are done but the instructor doesn't profit. I believe those same folks will offer more of the same type of classes, if they get paid what they are worth.

But I don't K N O W. Not yet.

Which is why I'm cautiously optimistic and testing at a co-op space, rather than going all in on a location.

I'll share some of what I'm doing, as always, but the aces are being held close to the chest, or as another cliche and as the GREAT WHITE might sing, once bitten twice shy.

The whole idea could be a waste of my time. I don't know.

I could be wrong about people wanting to cash in on the gig economy. I may have misread the landscape. I've been there and done that, I may have to rename this post, the Axiom filled aphorism of Alexander, the count of cliches.

Anyhow, thanks Glenn, the lessons you've shared here over the years here are greatly appreciated, and I've taken away of lot of value, and without a doubt, the idea of

T E S T I N G is at the top of the list. So, I test. And if that works, then I'll test again.

Maybe, I'll find one or two workshops will be all we need, and leave the rest for someone else to pick up the ball and run it over the goal line.

Gordon

PS. My daughter is meeting with her first TV producer, and when the dust clears, if she is offered a good deal, then I (staying on the cliche train) turn on a dime and focus the time on that project, and the brainery gets put on the back burner, same thing if something comes from Hollywood, interest in a script for a feature.