SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   Original SOWPub Forum Archive (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Did you want to be a Fireman when you were a kid? (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461)

Paul October 30, 2001 08:55 PM

Did you want to be a Fireman when you were a kid?

Or, if you're a lady, did you wanna be a Ballerina?

Most of us out here on the web are looking for a way to earn a little (or a LOT) of extra cash...

But some just do not know what to do or how to do it!!

One way to figure out what to do is to get back to basics.

What makes YOU tick?

What gets YOU excited?

What were YOU passionate about when you were a kid?

HOW CAN YOU DEVELOP YOUR PASSION INTO A MARKETABLE PRODUCT OR SERVICE?

Did you love go-cart racing?

Were you a Barbie Doll fanatic?

Did you run a lemonaide stand?

Where's your old stamp collection?

Call your parents and find out where that old binder of baseball cards is... etc.

For every one of you, there is a different, unique question and a unique answer.

Ask yourself your question, answer it, develop a product around it, set up a website, market your product... you'll be doing what you've always wanted to do and making a few bucks in the process.

Less than 24 hours ago, I rediscovered what I've always wanted to do, and the product is already in the works.

Gordon mentioned in a post a few weeks (or was it months?) ago what one of the most ideal products to develop is... there has been several lengthy discussions on the topic right here on this board. The market is full of them already but there will always be room for one more. Every one of us has a unique perspective to share, one that may help some when they need help the most.

Well, enough mumbling on my part. Time for me to get back to what I've always wanted to do...

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"
--Wayne Gretzky

Paul

Julie Jordan Scott November 1, 2001 01:26 AM

Well?!?!?!?!?

Hey Paul!

You are leaving us OH so curious!!!!

When I was a child I wanted to be a lot of things. I wanted to be a Mommy...and I wanted to have my own TV show...and I wanted to be a Writer...and I wanted to teach the blind and deaf for a while (read a biography of Annie Sullivan, Helen Keller's teacher and it really inspired me!)and I wanted to be a Singer.

I am a Mommy, in a magnificent love affair with my kids.....don't have a TV show...I am a Writer....and I do open eyes and ears to things they had not seen before and to the people at the Pizza Market on Tuesday nights, I am a singer. I really had a blast singing that 80's hit by Jody Whatley..."Looking for a New Love" last week...."Now Your Like the Rest, Unworthy of my best, Hasta la Vista, baby!" :-) So the lyrics say!

So, whats the story, Paul? Inquiring minds want to know!

November 2 is coming........(and the picture is gorgeous SAM!).

Paul November 2, 2001 10:41 AM

Re: Well?!?!?!?!?

> So, whats the story, Paul? Inquiring minds
> want to know!

Hi Julie,

As you know, I've always been interested in helping people some how. So I've finally decided to get back to my true roots out here on the web and start a motivational/self help site for people who need that extra boost with their morning coffee.

It'll take a few months to get everything up and running the way I want it, but I have this feeling deep down that the benefits and rewards will far outweigh the sweat equity I put into it.

Stay tuned... you're one of my mentors *baby*!!

Speaking of babies, little Sam is going to be a real heartbreaker when he grows up. What a hansome little man!

Paul

Mel. White November 5, 2001 12:55 PM

How about the thrill of stuff you never intended to be?

I always wanted to be a research biologist. Never made it. Ditto physician.

I have, however, gotten thrust (kicking and screaming and fighting against it all the way) into computers (I'm quite good at those), music, comic books, writing, and (the latest in a set of odd professions) psychic. And I've enjoyed them all -- or rather, am currently enjoying them all.

Paul November 5, 2001 09:28 PM

Re: How about the thrill of stuff you never intended to be?

Ain't it funny how sometimes you end up "falling into" an activity that you never dreamed of doing?

And then you find out how much you love doing it...

Psychic eh? Now THAT'S interesting ;-).

Paul

Mel. White November 13, 2001 03:33 PM

Re: How about the thrill of stuff you never intended to be?

> Psychic eh? Now THAT'S interesting ;-).

I knew you'd say that! :)