SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   In times of inflation and uncertainty, go with the certain. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11165)

GordonJ January 14, 2022 12:19 PM

In times of inflation and uncertainty, go with the certain.

Yea, Inflation.

Here is what we DO know.

People are going to eat. Have a place to live, buy clothing, transportation and spend for things above and beyond essentials.

This I GUARANTEE.

It is the HOW, where, when and from who which is the difference between having a winning offer and struggling to find an audience.

They will need a source of income.

They will spend that income. Many will live beyond their means.

Although restaurants aren't the same today as they were preCovid, mostly with adding take out and delivery...people are still going to be eating out.

AND cooking from home. Dien posted a link to an ad written by Mel Martin, master copywriter, about FOOD prep at home.

Best selling items like air fryers and slow cookers have introduced millions to the joys/frustrations of home prepared meals.

WE also know, that in the USA, with the IRS and the Gov't wanting their TAXES, that the 1099 is going to be a headache to maybe millions of people selling on eBay and such.

Which tells me, dust off the BARTERING books and build those networks ASAP.

Now is a good time to be offering new ideas to people, many of whom have not been effected, so far, by the Covid or Inflation. They soon will be.

The silver lining in all gloom and doom is the sunshine of built in ready to buy markets which can easily be tapped into.

Gordon

Dien Rice January 15, 2022 05:58 AM

Re: In times of inflation and uncertainty, go with the certain.

"The silver lining in all gloom and doom is the sunshine of built in ready to buy markets which can easily be tapped into."

I think this a great time to be a marketer... if you know what you're doing...!

- Dien

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 42605)
Yea, Inflation.

Here is what we DO know.

People are going to eat. Have a place to live, buy clothing, transportation and spend for things above and beyond essentials.

This I GUARANTEE.

It is the HOW, where, when and from who which is the difference between having a winning offer and struggling to find an audience.

They will need a source of income.

They will spend that income. Many will live beyond their means.

Although restaurants aren't the same today as they were preCovid, mostly with adding take out and delivery...people are still going to be eating out.

AND cooking from home. Dien posted a link to an ad written by Mel Martin, master copywriter, about FOOD prep at home.

Best selling items like air fryers and slow cookers have introduced millions to the joys/frustrations of home prepared meals.

WE also know, that in the USA, with the IRS and the Gov't wanting their TAXES, that the 1099 is going to be a headache to maybe millions of people selling on eBay and such.

Which tells me, dust off the BARTERING books and build those networks ASAP.

Now is a good time to be offering new ideas to people, many of whom have not been effected, so far, by the Covid or Inflation. They soon will be.

The silver lining in all gloom and doom is the sunshine of built in ready to buy markets which can easily be tapped into.

Gordon

MikePT January 15, 2022 10:07 AM

Re: In times of inflation and uncertainty, go with the certain.

I read or heard somewhere that hair transplants had boomed during these covid times. I assume people lockedown at home started to flutuate on low self esteem.

My mail order women jewlery boomed at the beggining of lockdown. I assume it was people were bored at house.

Both hair transplants and jewlery are not essential things.

It is really not the blowing of the wind but the setting of the sail.

MikePT

GordonJ January 15, 2022 10:25 AM

But first. CHOOSING.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 42610)
"The silver lining in all gloom and doom is the sunshine of built in ready to buy markets which can easily be tapped into."

I think this a great time to be a marketer... if you know what you're doing...!

- Dien

I agree.

But, very recently...I've spoken to marketers who know what they're doing...but are having trouble CHOOSING what to do with so many options and so much opportunity.

They get stuck at the possibility, and don't get around to the finishing.

Gordon

Dien Rice January 16, 2022 06:54 PM

Re: But first. CHOOSING.

Hi Gordon,

It sounds like these people need the legendary Gordon Alexander Binary Matrix! :)

Best wishes,

Dien

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 42612)
I agree.

But, very recently...I've spoken to marketers who know what they're doing...but are having trouble CHOOSING what to do with so many options and so much opportunity.

They get stuck at the possibility, and don't get around to the finishing.

Gordon

GordonJ January 17, 2022 06:42 PM

The binary matrix as an app?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 42614)
Hi Gordon,

It sounds like these people need the legendary Gordon Alexander Binary Matrix! :)

Best wishes,

Dien

Today's market might want the app. Maybe all of SQ1 as an app?

I think the binary matrix would be a simple to make tool, basically a mini spread sheet comparing only two things at a time, and an output, who do we know who can do this? Not me.

Gordon

Dien Rice January 21, 2022 12:37 AM

Re: The binary matrix as an app?

Hi Gordon,

I think the binary matrix would be relatively easy to make as an app (for those who know how to make apps)...

Or as an online tool, on a web page (which could be used on a computer or a phone)...

It would be quite useful, too!

Sometimes decision-making can be hard... the binary matrix definitely makes decision-making easier...!

Best wishes, :)

Dien

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 42618)
Today's market might want the app. Maybe all of SQ1 as an app?

I think the binary matrix would be a simple to make tool, basically a mini spread sheet comparing only two things at a time, and an output, who do we know who can do this? Not me.

Gordon