SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   $1,491 A WEEK! (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9076)

Don Alm March 9, 2015 09:06 PM

$1,491 A WEEK!

Yup....one of my "students" has found a way to bring in $1,491 A WEEK!

$1,500 A WEEK....from her computer!

How? By taking one of my projects and .....going forward!

I showed "Megan" how to make videos using PhotoStory 3 .....by going to a Real Estate For sale Site.....grabbing Photos of a property....adding the Realtors Contact Info and...adding Music.... uploading to YouTube" for the ADDRESS of the Property..... then....contacting the Realtor.....telling him/her to "Google" the Address of the Property they are trying to sell and......when they SEE...with their own eyes that.....the Property they've been commissioned to sell.....is on the FIRST PAGE OF GOOGLE (for the Address of the Property).....the RE Agent goes "GaGa" and asks "To Whom do I send Payment To?"

No.....hovering....no wondering IF anything WILL be done....it's ALREADY DONE!.....all the RE Agent has to do is....PAY!....to KEEP the Video UP!

You Kiddni' ME! THIS is the most POWERFUL Money-Maker I've found!

So....fast forward to Megan's recent discovery: Go to ZILLOW.COM and click into "FSBOs" (For Sale By Owners) Then.....find FSBOS who have Photos of properties that property owners want to sell.

Right Click and place these Photos into a file on your PC.....then....(we use a free program called PhotoStory3) and make a video and upload to your YT channel and Rank for the STREET ADDRESS ......then, contact the FSBO and tell them YOU have a way for them to "Sell their Property Fast!"

When the FSBO SEES the Video you've made.....their first question is "HOW MUCH"!

We charge $797 per video BUT......IF THEY ORDER (via PayPal invoice we send them)....within the next 24 hours.....it's only $497!

So....."Megan" has been selling THREE (3) of these FSBOs a week for $497ea x 3 = $1,491....for the last 8 weeks!

Thus.....take a look see at Zillow dot com and PhotoStory 3 and see what YOU can do with this!

Don Alm

Note: She tries to stay with houses asking $200,000 or more. She found with lesser priced houses she had to drop to $297 per video

Don Alm March 10, 2015 04:43 PM

Holy Camoly!

I'm sorry BUT.....I've posted NUMEROUS.....MONEY-MAKING Projects HERE for the past YEAR (March of 2014).....trying to help rejuvinate this Forum that helped ME when it first started.....and...it seems there's VERY LITTLE or NO INTEREST in "My Kinda Stuff"!

I began with Projects that involved "Selling Ad Programs" to local biznesses; "Pizza Flyers, Hotel Lobby Boards, TV Channel Guides for Hotel Rooms...etc Little or no Interest here!

Then I offered up "Digital Stuff"......"Mobile Directories" (www.mobisiteindex.com/princeton) .......NO interest..... and like my latest of making moolah by Helping FSBOs (For Sale By Owners) by Making Videos for the Homes they're trying to sell...themselves.

ZIPPO!

Now...granted.....Dien is trying to get this going again BUT....I have MANY "Students" seeking my Time and....although I am NOT posting Here to Seek "Money".....it seems NOW that.....the LACK of interest (for MY stuff) is just a waste of MY time!

Thus.....I will probably NOT be posting much Here.....in the future!

I THOUGHT I'd get at SOME INTEREST in MY STUFF!

Well......after 12 mos......best of luck to you folks.

Don Alm.....over and Out

Don Alm March 10, 2015 05:20 PM

WOW!

Excuse me but.....my gal Megan JUST A FEW MINUTES ago.....told me she just got a "FSBO" (ForSale By Owner) that she found on the website named...."www.ForSaleByOwner.com"......looking to sell their home THEMSELVES.....for $749.000 and.....when Megan sent them an email to "Take a Look At the Video she created and UpLoaded to .....www.123MainStAnytownUS.....and the property owners saw the Video she made for them USING THE PHOTOS THEY posted.....the property owners said....."Let's Do It for the $797!"

So.....click on over to "www.ForSaleByOwner.com" and.....see how many homes are listed in YOUR area....knowing that IF.....YOU.....make a Promo Video using THEIR Photos (with PhotoStory3 or any other Video maker) and....upload it and get it RANKED for the STREET ADDRESS in their Town.... YOU will have a GREAT chance to collect $497 to $797 for your efforts!

Don Alm......

RickC March 10, 2015 05:50 PM

Re: $1,491 A WEEK!

I've heard the majority of Guru's talking about doing this for Realtors, but never for FSBO's. That's a great little niche nobody is talking about.

I'm not much into video right now, but I very well may give this a shot. Nice weather is fast approaching and the season to sell homes will heat up.

Thanks Don

Don Alm March 10, 2015 06:06 PM

WOW! I just went up to Craig's List (myTown)

....went to "Housing"....then to "Real Estate By Owner" and.....WHAMMO....up came a WHOLE BUNCH of FSBOs....WITH Photos they uploaded.

Right-Click and put the photos into a File on your PC.....make a Video with PS3.....upload to YT (using the ADDRESS as Title).....should Rank on Page 1 within a few minutes.....email or phone the FSBO.....telling them YOU made a Video of their Property and.....Google the ADDRESS of the Home they're wanting to sell and........if they'd like to keep it up....it will cost $X or.... you can....Take it Down!...it's up to them!

Excuse me.....I haven't been THIS excited about a Money-Making Program for many moons!

Don Alm.....long-time "Idea-Guy" and STILL getting excited about projects.

RickC March 10, 2015 06:32 PM

Don, does this person do any extra SEO on the video or just upload for address and done?

Dien Rice March 10, 2015 07:35 PM

Here's why this business is brilliant...!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Alm (Post 34574)
Yup....one of my "students" has found a way to bring in $1,491 A WEEK!

$1,500 A WEEK....from her computer!

How? By taking one of my projects and .....going forward!

I showed "Megan" how to make videos using PhotoStory 3 .....by going to a Real Estate For sale Site.....grabbing Photos of a property....adding the Realtors Contact Info and...adding Music.... uploading to YouTube" for the ADDRESS of the Property..... then....contacting the Realtor.....telling him/her to "Google" the Address of the Property they are trying to sell and......when they SEE...with their own eyes that.....the Property they've been commissioned to sell.....is on the FIRST PAGE OF GOOGLE (for the Address of the Property).....the RE Agent goes "GaGa" and asks "To Whom do I send Payment To?"

No.....hovering....no wondering IF anything WILL be done....it's ALREADY DONE!.....all the RE Agent has to do is....PAY!....to KEEP the Video UP!

You Kiddni' ME! THIS is the most POWERFUL Money-Maker I've found!

So....fast forward to Megan's recent discovery: Go to ZILLOW.COM and click into "FSBOs" (For Sale By Owners) Then.....find FSBOS who have Photos of properties that property owners want to sell.

Right Click and place these Photos into a file on your PC.....then....(we use a free program called PhotoStory3) and make a video and upload to your YT channel and Rank for the STREET ADDRESS ......then, contact the FSBO and tell them YOU have a way for them to "Sell their Property Fast!"

When the FSBO SEES the Video you've made.....their first question is "HOW MUCH"!

We charge $797 per video BUT......IF THEY ORDER (via PayPal invoice we send them)....within the next 24 hours.....it's only $497!

Hi Don,

Thanks for sharing this... This really does sound like a fantastic business!

Why? I'll lay it out...

Let's first compare it to a franchise, as an alternative business.

Many people who want to be in business buy franchises every day.

They fork out on average from $50,000 to $200,000 to "buy in" to the franchise.

On top of that, they have to spend tens to hundreds of thousands on property fit-outs, and so on, plus rental on top of that...

What's the risk of it? How much could they lose?

The franchisee, if things don't go well, could easily lose hundreds of thousands of bucks!

Now... Let's take Don Alm's idea above...

What's the risk?

Virtually zero!

Why? He's using FREE software (Photostory 3)... a free resource to host videos (YouTube)...

So, if it doesn't work, what could you lose?

Maybe you have to spend $10 maximum on phone calls...

The financial cost is virtually nothing!

Yet... his student was able to get around $1,500 a week... about $75k a year!

So, let's compare the two... I googled what franchisees make, and I found that...

"According to a report on food franchising by Franchise Business Review, 51.5 percent of food franchises earn profits of less than $50,000 a year"

So, you have virtually NO financial risk, and you can make more money than a franchisee makes... Someone who paid $50,000 to $200,000 for the opportunity to make that money!

If the franchise biz doesn't work out, they could lose $50,00 to $200,000 or more...

If Don's idea doesn't work out, you could lose... maybe $10 spent on phone calls.

So which is the better business?

The reality is... Don's sharing real gold here!

Best wishes,

Dien

GordonJ March 11, 2015 01:49 PM

Well...

OK, have to chime in on franchises and biz ops here.

The average Subway franchisee is a Semi-Absentee manager. He will earn in the neighborhood of 80k net profit per store while spending a few hours a week in the store.

I know many franchise owners, almost all are hands off, they basically manage the manager. Very few, a small % actually, go under and lose everything. Less than 2%.

Yet 9 of 10, or 99 of 100 (including Internet and MLM start-ups) fail, and the investment in MLM inventory could be into the thousands. Ask the people with a garage full of candles, vitamins and soap about their "safe" low cost investment.

A franchise provides a tested and proven marketing and ACCOUNTING system. Keep in mind a person bringing in 1500 bux a week in cash could have a 40% TAX obligation. So they need good bookkeeping either bought or time spent.

TIME. How much time is spent to get the income? A franchisee may be buying a job, but often at a significant $ per hour, that comes in with regularity, even if the franchisee is sick or injured (in most absentee cases).

The guy selling real estate videos doesn't get paid until someone buys the video, it is a constant need for productivity.

So, I'm not arguing against any way someone has to make a buck, but, a comparison to established biz model, franchises, isn't a fair comparison especially when dealing with online wannabee marketers.

We don't have enough information, too much goes unspoken and there are pros and cons on both sides of HOW a person makes money.

Just saying.

Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 34582)
Hi Don,

Thanks for sharing this... This really does sound like a fantastic business!

Why? I'll lay it out...

Let's first compare it to a franchise, as an alternative business.

Many people who want to be in business buy franchises every day.

They fork out on average from $50,000 to $200,000 to "buy in" to the franchise.

On top of that, they have to spend tens to hundreds of thousands on property fit-outs, and so on, plus rental on top of that...

What's the risk of it? How much could they lose?

The franchisee, if things don't go well, could easily lose hundreds of thousands of bucks!

Now... Let's take Don Alm's idea above...

What's the risk?

Virtually zero!

Why? He's using FREE software (Photostory 3)... a free resource to host videos (YouTube)...

So, if it doesn't work, what could you lose?

Maybe you have to spend $10 maximum on phone calls...

The financial cost is virtually nothing!

Yet... his student was able to get around $1,500 a week... about $75k a year!

So, let's compare the two... I googled what franchisees make, and I found that...

<b>
"According to a report on food franchising by Franchise Business Review, 51.5 percent of food franchises earn profits of less than $50,000 a year"
</b>
So, you have virtually NO financial risk, and you can make more money than a franchisee makes... Someone who paid $50,000 to $200,000 for the opportunity to make that money!

If the franchise biz doesn't work out, they could lose $50,00 to $200,000 or more...

If Don's idea doesn't work out, you could lose... maybe $10 spent on phone calls.

So which is the better business?

The reality is... Don's sharing real gold here!

Best wishes,

Dien

RickC March 11, 2015 03:46 PM

Agreed, Gordon. And again I'll ask (anybody), how does one generate enough SEO on FSBO video to justify a fee of $497.00 or more?

I ask because if I was selling a home myself, I would question the cost of a video, using MY pictures, to sell MY home. If the only way to SEE my video was to key in MY address, then what good is that unless someone KNOWS my address.

A valid question. Still, I am going to plow ahead and try this. I will check back in with results.

GordonJ March 11, 2015 03:57 PM

Please keep us posted.

Type in an address for a house for sale. You will see it always comes up on first page of all search engines, why would'nt it? Most FSBO will be at zillow.

So, you ask a good question, what is the advantage of having a video which shows the same thing as the listing? I don't know, hopefully, you will find out and let us know.

I do know zillow and others give me a lot of information on area, most include a map
plus tax info, schools etc.

So, please, let us know how you do, and will you keep track of the amount of time it takes too?

As a former Realtor, I'd be interested in learning more, especially why a video like this kind would work, OK?

Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickC (Post 34587)
Agreed, Gordon. And again I'll ask (anybody), how does one generate enough SEO on FSBO video to justify a fee of $497.00 or more?

I ask because if I was selling a home myself, I would question the cost of a video, using MY pictures, to sell MY home. If the only way to SEE my video was to key in MY address, then what good is that unless someone KNOWS my address.

A valid question. Still, I am going to plow ahead and try this. I will check back in with results.

RickC March 11, 2015 05:11 PM

I'll let you know. Don threw out a good idea, and I don't mean to complicate it. I'm trying to think of the end user. To pay $497.00 or more, when I already have no intention of paying Realtor fees, what do I get for it? A video that shows up where?

The SEO side of me says: You can do a video and rank it for the address OR you can do a video and rank it for address, city, county, state, ect. The more possible words to rank for the better for the homeowner and more $$$ for you.

Website, Facebook, the possibilities exist. Is anyone doing a Facebook page per county that list FSBO videos? I'm just trying to think of all the possibilities.

I didn't know you were once a Realtor? I'll definitely check back in with this and let the forum know.

Don Alm March 11, 2015 05:50 PM

I just "toss out Potential Money-Making IDEAS" here and NOT the "Whole enchalada" or "consulting".....which my "students" have paid for.

However....with this project we do register Domains for the "Street Address" and include a QR Code for their Sign and their Ads and PostCards and Biz Cards and other Promotional things they do..... so potential buyers can see a VIDEO (Moving Pictures with Music)....(sure beats looking at photos)

And.....I WILL toss out a Marketing TIP here; We use a "Coupon Code Finder" called "www.JoinHoney.com". Using "Chrome" as your browser....install Join Honey on your pc then...when you go to GoDaddy to buy a domain....click on the "h" that Join Honey places on your Browser. Join Honey will then go thru 20 Coupon Codes and usually finds one for $2 or less....so Domains will only cost you 2bux!

I call this "Video Domaining"! And....when anyone uses their Smart Phone to snap a picture of the QR Code.....up comes the Video....that has Contact Info!

Thus.....looking at a List of homes for sale in the local newspaper and ONE has a QR Code.....or a PostCard comes in the Mail with a QR Code on it.... the AD SURE STANDS OUT among everything else!!!!!!!!

In fact.....for THIS service my "student" is NOW charging $497 for the Video and $797 for the Domain AND QR Code.....plus.....next month she's going to begin charging a Monthly Fee.

A house selling for $200,000 would usually cost the owner 6% ($12,000!) If the owner uses OUR Marketing Program....Video PLUS Domain PLUS QR Code (Plus the Code is printed out on material used for Bumper Stickers)....so the Code can be Stuck on the Yard Sign.

Actually....she thinks, for what she does (Now with some Sales using her method).....she will soon be charging $1,200 (1/10th of a Commissioned Agent's Fee)

Don Alm.....marketing guy

TommyBoy March 11, 2015 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Alm (Post 34590)
I just "toss out Potential Money-Making IDEAS" here and NOT the "Whole enchalada" or "consulting".....which my "students" have paid for.

However....with this project we do register Domains for the "Street Address" and include a QR Code for their Sign and their Ads and PostCards and Biz Cards and other Promotional things they do..... so potential buyers can see a VIDEO (Moving Pictures with Music)....(sure beats looking at photos)

And.....I WILL toss out a Marketing TIP here; We use a "Coupon Code Finder" called "www.JoinHoney.com". Using "Chrome" as your browser....install Join Honey on your pc then...when you go to GoDaddy to buy a domain....click on the "h" that Join Honey places on your Browser. Join Honey will then go thru 20 Coupon Codes and usually finds one for $2 or less....so Domains will only cost you 2bux!

I call this "Video Domaining"! And....when anyone uses their Smart Phone to snap a picture of the QR Code.....up comes the Video....that has Contact Info!

Thus.....looking at a List of homes for sale in the local newspaper and ONE has a QR Code.....or a PostCard comes in the Mail with a QR Code on it.... the AD SURE STANDS OUT among everything else!!!!!!!!

In fact.....for THIS service my "student" is NOW charging $497 for the Video and $797 for the Domain AND QR Code.....plus.....next month she's going to begin charging a Monthly Fee.

A house selling for $200,000 would usually cost the owner 6% ($12,000!) If the owner uses OUR Marketing Program....Video PLUS Domain PLUS QR Code (Plus the Code is printed out on material used for Bumper Stickers)....so the Code can be Stuck on the Yard Sign.

Actually....she thinks, for what she does (Now with some Sales using her method).....she will soon be charging $1,200 (1/10th of a Commissioned Agent's Fee)

Don Alm.....marketing guy

Hmm, and all of a sudden this got quite a bit more complicated than Right Click, save your photos, fire up video making software, upload to youtube, email the home seller, and Whammo! Presto.

With the addition of a domain and QR code on their sign and in the video, the selling got fairly complex. What I mean is that many are still not familiar with QR code so you'd need to educate the home seller before selling to them.

Not saying it's not doable, but it's no longer a quickie project. I thought there was more to it than ranking just a simple 1 minute video for their keyword. Still, I've already made two videos and I'll let you know how it goes.

Don Alm March 12, 2015 11:09 AM

Hey Tommy Boy

"Hmm, and all of a sudden this got quite a bit more complicated than Right Click, save your photos, fire up video making software, upload to youtube, email the home seller, and Whammo! Presto.

Sorry I made this "more complicated" for you!

My "student" started out by
grabbing Photos
firing up PS3
uploading to YT
emailing (or Phoning) the home seller

She started out charging $297 then went to $497 then felt she had to "add more Value" so I told her to do the "Domain & QR Code" thingee. She's NOW charging much more than $497 for the extras.

One of my other "students" is NOT doing the "Domain & QR Code" thingees and STILL getting $497 from houses listed for $150,000 and more!!!!!!

So.....it's up to YOU! Do what YOU want and charge what YOU want.....it's YOUR bizness!.....I thought I'd offer up some "additional value" to the project!

Don Alm......freely offering "money-making" ideas

TommyBoy March 12, 2015 02:01 PM

Re: Hey Tommy Boy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Alm (Post 34592)
"Hmm, and all of a sudden this got quite a bit more complicated than Right Click, save your photos, fire up video making software, upload to youtube, email the home seller, and Whammo! Presto.

Sorry I made this "more complicated" for you!

My "student" started out by
grabbing Photos
firing up PS3
uploading to YT
emailing (or Phoning) the home seller

She started out charging $297 then went to $497 then felt she had to "add more Value" so I told her to do the "Domain & QR Code" thingee. She's NOW charging much more than $497 for the extras.

One of my other "students" is NOT doing the "Domain & QR Code" thingees and STILL getting $497 from houses listed for $150,000 and more!!!!!!

Touche!

I know, I know, my bad. I sent my first letter to a homeowner last night. We'll see how it goes.

RickC March 12, 2015 02:51 PM

Lots of different ways to go with this. It's all about providing value for the FSBO seller, and that can mean offering different solutions.

I like it and will post my results.

Don Alm March 12, 2015 04:06 PM

OK.....one other "Inside Secret" I'll reveal;

There are RE Agents, Realtors, Mortgage Cos, and other biznesses in your area who post Videos on YT.

Find their YouTube Channel and put it into the TAGS for Your FSBO Videos. This will bring up YOUR FSBO Video in the "Side Column".....so YOUR FSBO Videos will get Traffic from the other biz videos.

Don Alm

Robert J. March 12, 2015 05:05 PM

Great tip, Don.

Just curious ... How much is your coaching support?

Don Alm March 13, 2015 12:04 AM

Re: Hey Tommy Boy

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyBoy (Post 34600)
Touche!

I know, I know, my bad. I sent my first letter to a homeowner last night. We'll see how it goes.

Hey Tom.....this is NOT a "100% Close" deal! I tell my "students" to make up 3 to 5 Videos a day.....with the "Hope" of closing 1.

Don Alm

ShawnF March 15, 2015 07:51 AM

Is anyone aware of a simple program to use instead of Photostory 3?

I'm using Windows 8.1 and Photostory 3 is an issue.

I've looked at Camtasia but the learning curve is too much.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

shawn

TommyBoy March 15, 2015 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnF (Post 34632)
Is anyone aware of a simple program to use instead of Photostory 3?

I'm using Windows 8.1 and Photostory 3 is an issue.

I've looked at Camtasia but the learning curve is too much.

shawn

Shawn, try Windows MovieMaker. It comes packaged with Windows. I'm using Windows 7. Don't know if it's in 8.1. Very easy to learn.

ShawnF March 15, 2015 10:35 AM

Thanks TommyBoy!

JohnP April 3, 2015 05:18 PM

Re: $1,491 A WEEK! - Questions

Hey Don,

Thanks Again for These Kinds of Posts.

I Just Downloaded PS3 and Will Try to Create a Video This Weekend.

Couple of Quick Questions for Don or Anyone Who Knows the Answers

- What's a Good Source of Royalty Free Music for Such Videos?

- How Do You TAKE DOWN a Video so It Doesn't Rank on YT Anymore? Is it as Simple as Deleting the Video from Your YT Account? This is for the Times (More Often Than Not I Would Guess) When the Seller is Not Interested in Buying.

Thanks.
JohnP
--

Don Alm April 3, 2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnP (Post 34800)
Hey Don,

Thanks Again for These Kinds of Posts.

I Just Downloaded PS3 and Will Try to Create a Video This Weekend.

Couple of Quick Questions for Don or Anyone Who Knows the Answers

- What's a Good Source of Royalty Free Music for Such Videos?

- How Do You TAKE DOWN a Video so It Doesn't Rank on YT Anymore? Is it as Simple as Deleting the Video from Your YT Account? This is for the Times (More Often Than Not I Would Guess) When the Seller is Not Interested in Buying.

Thanks.
JohnP
--

Hey John....PS3 has a GOOD batch of FREE Music (enter the following into the Google Box....."732 Callahan Dr Roseburg Or" to see one of my "Videos On Speculation for FSBOS".......and....what I do is create a NEW Channel on YT for THIS Niche (FSBOS)....then, if someone trying to sell their house themselves (a FSBO)....doesn't want to PAY ME for uploading a Video for the House they're trying to sell themselves ......I just "take it down" off my Channel".

However.....I've found that MANY FSBOS ....WILL pay me for the Video I make for their property. (A quickie Money-Maker)

Don Alm......long-time Idea Guy and....DOER

JohnP April 5, 2015 12:35 AM

Thank you Don. This is good info. Much appreciated.

I Looked at and Will Study the Video's to get a Feel for How You Do the Transitions and Add the Music and Text.

JohnP

rebornatoz April 5, 2015 09:26 AM

For free royalty free music, you can try Youtube and select different Audio for your video.

After using PhotoStory3 for my property video, I use Youtube video edit to find audio for Featured Tracks, Ad-free and eligible for monetization.

Hope this helps.

Darren.

teamplayer April 5, 2015 10:13 AM

I did a couple of the FSBO videos and did not put any links
but I added tags like FSBO etc. They came up on first page right away
no SEO at all

Don Alm April 5, 2015 06:20 PM

Darren.....one caution about using the YT "free stuff"; it's OK to use their Free Stuff for YOUR sites and Videos BUT......not to SELL Videos (with their Free Stuff included)

Better check it out.

Don Alm

rebornatoz April 6, 2015 07:17 AM

Hi Don,

Thanks for the caution.
Yes, I see that PS3 offers a free Create Music option.
Wow, there are tons of free music combination there as well.
You wake me up ! Let you've said, better safe than sorry.

Last Easter weekend, I did a couple of FSBO video and contacted the owner but no reply yet. Later, I did a search of the address and some search results came out with property listed in zillow site are either already sold or off market. Are their info reliable ? Should we waste time on such property ?

Darren

Don Alm April 6, 2015 11:14 AM

Darren.....rather than create a Video then.....contact FSBO first......contact FSBO either by email or phone and tell them,

...."I have a Video Marketing business and a Video can help sell your home faster. I've made a video of your Home you're trying to sell.....at NO Obligation! If you'd like to see it.....let me know and I'll send you the Link!"

THEN......if they express interest in seeing the Video.....make the Video and send them the link.....or upload to YT and Rank Video for their ADDRESS.

Or.... you could ask them to "Go take a look at a video you've done for another Homeowner trying to sell their home without a realtor!

My "students" now get $795 minimum. One gal adds on $150 to keep the Video on the First Page for the next 3 months.....$945....and she does one a week.

Don Alm

rebornatoz April 7, 2015 12:38 PM

Hi Don,

Thanks for the tip.
Yes I will contact FSBO first, then do the video if they are interested. I suppose my approach was wrong when I spent too much time on the videos while effort should be spent approaching owner instead.

PS3 is a great tool - simple and fast to churn out videos ! Credit to you for recommending such a tool. This project sure feels a lot more fun with the help from you and the community.

Darren.

RickC April 8, 2015 07:50 PM

Having a video already made, even with a generic address, makes a lot of sense. That way your potential FSBO customers can see what they can have made for them in order to help them sell.

I'm curious how many people Don's student contacts (on average), before she gets a "Yes" If you have your video made and ready to go, all it takes is contacting as many FSBO owners as your time allows.

There is nobody providing this service in my area.

JohnP April 13, 2015 10:07 AM

Everyone's Contributing Great Ideas Here. Thanks.

Two Approaches Seem to Prevail Here:

1) Make Up a Few Actual Video's and Contact the Owners etc.

2) Make Up a Generic Video so the Potential FSBO Customer can See What They Can Have Made.

Here's an Idea for a Third:

3) Make an Actual Video for Each FSBO but Only Have It Be the First 20 Seconds (Give or Take) and then "Fade Out" to the Benefits and Call to Action.

This Third Option Might be the Happy Balance Between Generic and Full Size Real Deal Video.

Just a Thought I Wanted to Share.

John

GordonJ April 13, 2015 12:38 PM

As long as we are tossing out ideas...

I like the partial idea, reminds me of Don's locked disc, you rec'd the product, just had to buy the keys to it.

I would like to see (or hear) a reason why the seller is selling.

Show them a 20 second video, and offer to add their voice over as to why they are selling and what they like about the house.

"Hi thanks for watching our video. The reason we are selling our house is because our children have grown and it is too much house for just the two of us, we want to move into a condo. We love this neighborhood, the kids could walk to school, there is nearby shopping and there hasn't been a crime in this area in 20 years, unless you count the guy who doesn't mow his lawn as much as the rest of us. But it is a well kept neighborhood, lots of school age kids, nearby stores, restaurants, very convenient location.

Our taxes are the best in the area and the city has the best services in the county. If you are looking for a safe environment to raise your family, an area with great parks and amenities, low crime and friendly people, please call and arrange a walk through.

We are not using a realtor because we don't want mobs of unqualified lookers tramping through our home.

Or commentary to match the video, maybe could get either more bux or faster and more responses???

Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnP (Post 34924)
Everyone's Contributing Great Ideas Here. Thanks.

Two Approaches Seem to Prevail Here:

1) Make Up a Few Actual Video's and Contact the Owners etc.

2) Make Up a Generic Video so the Potential FSBO Customer can See What They Can Have Made.

Here's an Idea for a Third:

3) Make an Actual Video for Each FSBO but Only Have It Be the First 20 Seconds (Give or Take) and then "Fade Out" to the Benefits and Call to Action.

This Third Option Might be the Happy Balance Between Generic and Full Size Real Deal Video.

Just a Thought I Wanted to Share.

John

rebornatoz April 15, 2015 08:04 AM

Hi John,

Here's a great example on what one of the real estate agent has done.....a short 18 sec intro fade out and a call to action. He has done a couple more video intro for each of his property.

His Youtube clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPzhU2diNN8

Regards.
Darren

TommyBoy April 15, 2015 09:05 AM

Re: As long as we are tossing out ideas...

Then send this script to the home owner along with 9 other ideas (piggybacking off the other thread related to ideas) free of charge. No selling. No pitches. Just throw them 10 ideas on how to market their home better. Or how to create a video. Give them the whole enchilada.

I think this falls into Cialdini's Law of Reciprocation, doesn't it?

Thomas April 15, 2015 11:45 AM

It looks like he is not getting any views to those properties though...

GordonJ April 15, 2015 12:23 PM

Selling tools to miners.

Well, I don't know if either Realtors or FSBOs are increasing sales with video, but, it appears to be a gold rush to sell them the tools to create videos.

propertypanorama.com has the free tool, the pick and shovel, and a few upgrades, the power drills and automated power sluice boxes.

Of the several I checked using this software, only one made it to the first page of google as a thumbnail. Now, of course, EVERY address you type in is going to come up on page one and 99.99% of time in first position, why would it not?

As a sales advantage, I'm unconvinced it has much benefit re the actual sale of the home, but I do see the gold being mined by those offering the tools.

This is true for tradesman too, like ROOFERS, who seldom get a job because they have a video or a Page One ranking even, especially if they have questionable reviews on Angies list.

The rush to googlee video ranking may appear to be the Klondike, but not all the miners are going to strike it rich.

Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 34982)
It looks like he is not getting any views to those properties though...

bobmcalister April 16, 2015 08:58 AM

Re: Selling tools to miners.

This is true for tradesman too, like ROOFERS, who seldom get a job because they have a video or a Page One ranking even, especially if they have questionable reviews on Angies list.
would disagree vehemently about that since we have sold thousands of dollars worth of roofing strictly through videos.
The real estate video would work if properly optimized and seo-ed, it would come up on page one for relevant keyword searches.
I did this with the one broker who eventually screwed me out of 24k....took her from nowhere on mls list of brokers to number 9 ( whatever that means )in 90 days. Sold 12 homes...in the high 500's...strictly using videos...she owed me 2k per house for marketing...which she didnt pay ...anyway , I wouldnt work with another real estate broker unless I get paid in advance...they make too much for one sale, are cheap, and ego driven( painting with a big brush now)

GordonJ April 16, 2015 09:39 AM

There you go, I may have to stand corrected.

Just to be clear, NO salesman was used, all orders came via phone or email or fax?

If you say the orders came without a meeting, then, yes, I do stand corrected.

If the video generated leads, then that is a different story.

As for the broker, honestly Bob, isn't that on you a little, how did you set it up? I would think after two and not getting paid, I'd be hesitant to do any more for this broker, but at least you learned a valuable lesson.

Gordon

PS Did you sell the homes or did the Realtor?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobmcalister (Post 34986)
would disagree vehemently about that since we have sold thousands of dollars worth of roofing strictly through videos.
The real estate video would work if properly optimized and seo-ed, it would come up on page one for relevant keyword searches.
I did this with the one broker who eventually screwed me out of 24k....took her from nowhere on mls list of brokers to number 9 ( whatever that means )in 90 days. Sold 12 homes...in the high 500's...strictly using videos...she owed me 2k per house for marketing...which she didnt pay ...anyway , I wouldnt work with another real estate broker unless I get paid in advance...they make too much for one sale, are cheap, and ego driven( painting with a big brush now)