SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The end of Donald Trump as a result of the debate? (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9263)

Dien Rice August 7, 2015 02:24 AM

The end of Donald Trump as a result of the debate?

Well... I just heard expert conservative commentator Charles Krauthammer declare that "the real story is the collapse of Trump in this debate"...

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/...d-a-bad-night/

Will Trump survive?

Or is Charles Krauthammer just blowing noise out of his patootie?

What do you think?

- Dien

SteveSki August 7, 2015 06:27 AM

Re: The end of Donald Trump as a result of the debate?

Well it looks like the public disagrees with him…
see: http://screencast.com/t/kVouEhfIvlnU

It looks like Trump will survive and thrive. Let's
see what the pollsters say after they get a chance
to measure the public's reactions after the weekend.

The media took aim at Trump from the start by asking for
a show of hands from anyone who would not support the
eventual nominee or rule out running as an independent.

Even the NY Times thinks Trump did badly....
See: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/06/op...bate.html?_r=0

However, most journalists are left leaning libs and a lot republican politicians are RINO's. They
wish Trump was silenced for good. If he isn't... I'd be worried that some day they'll give him the
Lincoln/Kennedy treatment.

Cheers,
Steve

sandalwood August 7, 2015 10:54 AM

How can it be the end of Donald Trump? This is only the beginning of the show. As you know the show also has a life cycle - beginning, middle, end.

If nothing else, it showed Trump's style is still magic. The bloviators don't like it because their self induced influence mindset isn't taking hold with the public yet.

All The Donald has to do to blow everyone out of the water is show up with a sign that has 5 points on it. Jobs, immigration, education, national debt reduction and you pick #5 and let the others implode trying to out Donald The Donald.

It is as simple as that. Let the sign do the talking and let the bloviators and lefties do all the talking. He'd win in a landslide.

That's according to me. You may feel differently.

SteveSki August 7, 2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandalwood (Post 35677)
How can it be the end of Donald Trump? This is only the beginning of the show. As you know the show also has a life cycle - beginning, middle, end.

If nothing else, it showed Trump's style is still magic. The bloviators don't like it because their self induced influence mindset isn't taking hold with the public yet.

All The Donald has to do to blow everyone out of the water is show up with a sign that has 5 points on it. Jobs, immigration, education, national debt reduction and you pick #5 and let the others implode trying to out Donald The Donald.

It is as simple as that. Let the sign do the talking and let the bloviators and lefties do all the talking. He'd win in a landslide.

That's according to me. You may feel differently.

You may be right... One thing is for sure... Fox News was the clear winner! While most debates draw just over 2 million viewers and the highest record
before yesterday was a little over 7 million viewers... 24 Million is a big spike.

Even the 5PM underdogs pulled in over 6 million viewers. In that one Carly Fiorina did very well. It would be a nightmare for Hillary, Bernie and Joe
if Carly Fionrina and Donald Trump teamed up together.http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/06/po...blican-debate/

Dien Rice August 7, 2015 07:19 PM

The genius of Donald Trump...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSki (Post 35676)
The media took aim at Trump from the start by asking for
a show of hands from anyone who would not support the
eventual nominee or rule out running as an independent.

Hi Steve,

I agree with you...

I read an article (I didn't save it) where a journalist pointed out everything Trump did "wrong" in the debate...

When you go through his list, he essentially wanted Trump to be like every other politician! ...And do what every other politician does!

Of course, it's because Trump is not like "every other politician" that he's the frontrunner right now!

I just had to roll my eyes while reading the article, and suppress my gag reflex... :) (Because the journalist clearly had no clue why Trump is popular...!)

Denny Hatch got it right... On his Twitter account, he wrote...

"Trump tonight: Policies & issues bore hell out of voters. FDR, HST, Ike, JFK talked generalities & we voted for the guy we believed in."

Denny also wrote a great, short, article... On how Donald Trump is succeeding by running as a kind of "un-politician"... And tapping into people's hatred of politicians!

http://www.targetmarketingmag.com/ar...onald-selling/

Donald Trump is a kind of business and marketing genius... And he's showing he has a knack of bringing that to his political run, too...

Best wishes,

Dien

Dien Rice August 7, 2015 07:45 PM

Donald Trump ain't your typical "politician"...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandalwood (Post 35677)

Hi Tom,

I posted that quote from Charles Krauthammer because to talk about Trump "collapsing" in the debate struck me as... complete garbage! Sorry to be so blunt, but that's the case...

I think a lot of these journalists and others are looking at it from a "traditional" perspective... Judging Trump the way they judge every other politician. What did Trump say about specific policies? Etc.

One reason people love Trump is because they feel the system needs shaking up... And they feel he can shake up the system...

As Denny Hatch pointed out... People hate politicians now, possibly more than at any time in history. Trump is running as the one guy who's NOT a politician!

Trump even pointed out that government is essentially "for sale"... He said:

"I will tell you that our system is broken. I gave to many people, before this, before two months ago, I was a businessman. I give to everybody. When they call, I give. And do you know what? When I need something from them two years later, three years later, I call them, they are there for me... And that's a broken system."

Everybody knows that this is how it works... All politicians are "for sale"... But few people talk about it openly and honestly...

Dien

sandalwood August 8, 2015 10:32 AM

Here's another bomb - Megyn Kelly. She's the darling of Fox News and is a very smart person. However, either planned or not, she gave Trump some more fuel for his engine.

He was disinvited from the RedState conservative gala and Kelly was invited in his place. Couldn't have worked out better for him. More free publicity and a spotlight on the RS crowd.

Whoever is running his campaign is proving to be a master.

SteveSki August 8, 2015 08:56 PM

Google’s Search Algorithm Could Steal the Presidency

This article at: http://www.wired.com/2015/08/googles...al-presidency/ is about a study that shows how peoples perceptions and opinions about a political candidate can be shaped. It shows that voters are 48% more likely to vote for a person if the results/news served up first was positive.

I suspect the media elite already know and use this covert persuasion tactic and they don't like Trump because he is trying to use his wealth and celebrity status to buy the presidency. That's the opposite of modern politicians who are bought and paid for.

Republicans or Democrats are two heads on the same snake. Both are members of the same mafia. Unfortunately, the public is brainwashed and divided into straight party lines so a Independent candidate has no chance of winning.

Bernie Sanders was always a Independent but he knows he doesn't stand a chance unless he runs as a democrat. So he switched parties.

Trump has switch parties several times in order to buy influence. My father was an Independent but he switched back and forth between being a republican and democrat during his lifetime in order to stayed employed.

He had a lot of friends in politics and was well liked by them all. But whenever the power sifted between parties he would be asked to change parties which kept him employed while those who refused to do so got canned.

He often told me that if he decided to run for office he would win by pointing to all of his opponents and saying.... Ladies and gentlemen... all politicians are corrupt. Of course they will all deny it, will act offended and will just lie about their honesty. I on the other hand will only lie half as much as them and only still half as much money from the tax payers so you'll get a far better deal by voting for me.

That seems to also be the Donald's strategy. It's hilarious how Trump gets so much free publicity from the media elite. What a circus....

Just like the Romans.... give the public bread and circus... keep them fed and entertained while the politicians fleece them for all the taxes they can while the empire crumbles.

sandalwood August 9, 2015 10:23 AM

Re: Google’s Search Algorithm Could Steal the Presidency

Steve,

You write as if you moved back to the land of the free and home of the brave - well, what used to be the lotf and hotb.

It is even worse here than you'd expect. Today we can be stopped on the street, put in jail and never be told the charges for example. A prosecutor can withhold exculpatory evidence and never be charged with a crime.

I could go on for pages, all verified, simply do a google search, but why? It isn't getting any better and won't. Romney was wrong btw. It isn't 47% of the people who are dependent on government it is closer to 52%. That's one reason I say we are totally screwed.

As for your study, while I didn't read it, I bet its foundation was work done by Ivy Lee and other great propaganda minds of the 1920s. These guys were geniuses when it came to knowing humans. They figured it out before computers and high priced spin doctors.

Thanks for your input.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSki (Post 35686)
This article at: http://www.wired.com/2015/08/googles...al-presidency/ is about a study that shows how peoples perceptions and opinions about a political candidate can be shaped. It shows that voters are 48% more likely to vote for a person if the results/news served up first was positive.

I suspect the media elite already know and use this covert persuasion tactic and they don't like Trump because he is trying to use his wealth and celebrity status to buy the presidency. That's the opposite of modern politicians who are bought and paid for.

Republicans or Democrats are two heads on the same snake. Both are members of the same mafia. Unfortunately, the public is brainwashed and divided into straight party lines so a Independent candidate has no chance of winning.

Bernie Sanders was always a Independent but he knows he doesn't stand a chance unless he runs as a democrat. So he switched parties.

Trump has switch parties several times in order to buy influence. My father was an Independent but he switched back and forth between being a republican and democrat during his lifetime in order to stayed employed.

He had a lot of friends in politics and was well liked by them all. But whenever the power sifted between parties he would be asked to change parties which kept him employed while those who refused to do so got canned.

He often told me that if he decided to run for office he would win by pointing to all of his opponents and saying.... Ladies and gentlemen... all politicians are corrupt. Of course they will all deny it, will act offended and will just lie about their honesty. I on the other hand will only lie half as much as them and only still half as much money from the tax payers so you'll get a far better deal by voting for me.

That seems to also be the Donald's strategy. It's hilarious how Trump gets so much free publicity from the media elite. What a circus....

Just like the Romans.... give the public bread and circus... keep them fed and entertained while the politicians fleece them for all the taxes they can while the empire crumbles.

SteveSki August 10, 2015 01:33 AM

Re: Google’s Search Algorithm Could Steal the Presidency

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandalwood (Post 35687)
Steve,

You write as if you moved back to the land of the free and home of the brave - well, what used to be the lotf and hotb.

It is even worse here than you'd expect. Today we can be stopped on the street, put in jail and never be told the charges for example. A prosecutor can withhold exculpatory evidence and never be charged with a crime.

I could go on for pages, all verified, simply do a google search, but why? It isn't getting any better and won't. Romney was wrong btw. It isn't 47% of the people who are dependent on government it is closer to 52%. That's one reason I say we are totally screwed.

As for your study, while I didn't read it, I bet its foundation was work done by Ivy Lee and other great propaganda minds of the 1920s. These guys were geniuses when it came to knowing humans. They figured it out before computers and high priced spin doctors.

Thanks for your input.

Hi Tom, You forgot to mention that just catching a flight can result in being sexually groped both pre-flight and after. Friends from back home tell me how much life back in the States has changed over the last decade.

I'd like to see Trump as president and Dr Ben Carson as vice president. Carly Fiorina blew her chances of Trump picking her as his VP. Ted Cruz is ok, but he's a bit to religious for my taste. I don't mind spiritual orientated people but religious extremists are scary because they'll kill you if you don't agree with their views.

And the only republicans the media seem like can't win.

Cheers,
Steve