SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   Original SOWPub Forum Archive (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What makes Gordon Alexander tick? (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2347)

Martin Avis February 27, 2002 12:13 PM

What makes Gordon Alexander tick?

Hi everyone,

Another enlightening interview in my series 'Success Stories - 12 Doers Share Their Secrets' has just gone online.

This time it is with Gordon Jay Alexander - and is quite a read!

Best wishes,

Martin

Success Stories - Interview #7: Gordon Jay Alexander

Dien Rice February 27, 2002 01:27 PM

Here's another aspect to Gordon which I've noticed

Hi Martin,

Wonderful interview! Thanks, I enjoyed it. :)

I really like Gordon's philosophy of multiple streams of income. We can all learn something from that. :)

Cooking - golf - social work - writing persuasive copy - those are a whole lotta talents!

One of the things that always struck me as well was his ethics. I think it must also come from having the social work side of Gordon too.... He's always been about more than just marketing.

As you may know, Gordon and I will have a new ezine coming out soon - we call it the 'Seedzine' - which will feature Gordon's inspirational writings.

However, while these WILL be relevant to entrepreneurship and persuasion, they won't JUST be about that, but will be about more than that too - getting to the CORE of living a balanced and successful life.

There is NOTHING like it online - I've looked - and we're pretty excited about it.

(Well, I'm excited - I think Gordon is too! :) )

I included the link to subscribe below! The first issue of the 'Seedzine' will come out on March 7.

Martin, great interview, thanks for posting it - I always find your interviews inspiring, and try to catch every one! :)

- Dien Rice

Get the 'Seedzine' here (it's free!)

Martin Avis February 27, 2002 01:37 PM

Don't look now but your form is broken ...

> Thanks Dien, I really enjoyed working with Gordon to produce this one. And as he did most of the work, I enjoyed it even more!

I just tried to sign up for your new e-zine, but the form was returning an error.

Please let me know when it is working again - or sign me up manually!

Best,

Martin.

Dien Rice February 27, 2002 02:11 PM

The problem is most likely Norton Internet Security....

Hi Martin,

Some people have had problems if they use Norton Internet Security. That software blocks referrer information (information which tells which web page you came from).

The sign up script I'm using uses the referrer information to ensure that the information it gets was typed in at Sowpub.com - that way, nobody can "spam" the script from another computer or web site. However, because Norton Internet Security blocks this information, it stops the script from working properly for people who have that software installed....

If anyone else has any problems, feel free to email me and I'll add you manually. (Email me at [email protected] .) Or, you can try to turn off Norton Internet Security, or sign up from a computer where it's not installed....

Thanks for mentioning it Martin. I'll sign up you now. :)

- Dien