SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   THE secret of all SECRETS...IT IS AMAZING...YET, (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4674)

GordonJ January 21, 2008 09:24 AM

THE secret of all SECRETS...IT IS AMAZING...YET,

YES, I'M YELLING. ok, now I'm not.

I'm often accused (with good cause) for being cryptic...but today, I'll tell you exactly what I think is the SECRET of all secrets...

but first,

this applies to Toll Postion Profits
Remote Direct marketing
Jim Straw's millionaire in a year course
ALL other courses, ideas and concepts on making money (the practicable and doable, not the theoretical)...

The secret is: (and I've borrowed this from several sources)

IT IS:

"The highest paid skill across the board, time after time, industry to government to not for profits...is the ability to

PUT TOGETHER A DEAL."

And what this means is: YOU will start to see dramatic results in your business efforts when...

you realize that all DEAL MAKING...involves,

dialog,

communication between two parties.

OH sure, go ahead and make a deal with yourself...most people do at the start of a New Year...and they quickly break those deals...

but until you begin to ENGAGE other people...

UNTIL you begin to talk to, question and communicate to another person...

you'll continue to spin your wheels.

AMAZING things happen when you START the conversation...and when it comes to DEAL making, there are certain things you've got to learn...and you learn them by DOING.

SEE, so many people are afraid of making mistakes, of screwing up the deal, they want to wait until it is perfect...my take is this...

YOU (and I and WE all) don't have enough time in our days to get to all the great deals "out there". So GO AHEAD and screw one up...but learn from it.

Contact someone. Ask questions. Get answers. Even if the answer is a "I'm not interested." YOU'll learn something. Then get a little guidance, and move to the NEXT opportunity, and use what you've learned...

a few times, and you'll get the perfected YOU of the deal you want...and it really has to do with your inner "child" (not really, just wanted to give you some ammo to shoot at me)...

And we ALL too often listen to that 8 year old inside of us that was told "YOU CAN'T" or whatever variation of that.

I don't know of anyone being shot, stabbed, killed for picking up the phone and calling another person and starting a BUSINESS ORIENTED DIALOG. Do 10 of these and you'll be closer to a MASTER than the person waiting until they have all the right things lined up to say.

In the REAL world, deals are made every day...BILLIONS exchange hands because of these deals...and they are made between two PEOPLE (or entities)...who have COMMUNICATED with each other.

The secret of secrets is: Ask the right questions (communicate)...of the right person...at the right time and then Structure a WIN-WIN-WIN deal...and you'll amaze yourself. But someone has to INITIATE (as in BEGIN) the dialog.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. My email has been the same for many years now, some of you KNOW that and have made use of it. And so far, I haven't been charged with harming anyone who has initiated contact with me (other than being brutally honest and telling them their idea sucks...but that's not a crime, yet, is it?) The secret in a word: ENGAGE!

GordonJ January 21, 2008 02:55 PM

Is this a needed "service" and how can it best be delivered. This falls under the

heading of:

"There are more of YOU out there than I thought."

The last week has brought me some interesting email. And some interesting people who are READY to act. Some of you have. CONTINUE that, and you will be amazed at what happens. Nap Hill alludes to it in his book, Think and Grow Rich, when he talks about when riches appear, you wonder where they've been hiding and how fast and furious they come.

You'll have an AH-Ha moment...OH, that is what I needed to do.

(Slap upside forehead).

ACTION. Many of think it is action...but the truth is:

IT is SUSTAINED action. Continuous activity TOWARD a given goal. As Mr. Brody says it,

"Solve ALL your problems in the direction of your goals."

So this is a survey. You can help me better understand things.

IF you have more than one or two "make money" products, including my Chatteling reports or video or audio programs...and one or two of some other people...it doesn't matter who...

And you are "struggling" with sustained ACTIVITY...what do you need?

What sort of a "service" (as I referred to in the subject header) do YOU need to help you take all this great information you've paid hundreds, perhaps even thousands of dollars over the years...

and APPLY it to your own life.

It seems that there are a lot of people who have the KNOWLEDGE, but they haven't gotten over the hump of CONTINUOUS activity toward their goals.

I am going to take some of the blame...because I am CRYPTIC...and the SQ1 (Square One Workshops) are indeed very cryptic...as is the formula in Remote Influence...as are some of my other work.

See, when I say to a golf student, "hit the ball"... they get confused. It is a simple instruction. Same as "slow down and follow through"...maybe the only golf instruction about 55% of all golfers really need.

When you hit the ball, even only a few feet...you get FEEDBACK.
Then you hit it harder and harder and harder...and you ADJUST each time...I can take a 5 year old and use this technique to produce an almost perfect golf swing in about 5 minutes of time...I've done it.

Adults struggle with it. "What do you mean hit the ball?" "I don't know how that's what I'm paying you for, to teach me."

Truth is, in golf (life) the results of the shot you just made is all the instruction and feedback you need. Isn't it?

My TRIAD:

Doubt is a shawdow of your fear.
Confidence is a reflection of your experience.
ACTION is the revelation of your faith.

YES, it is cryptic, but if you read it...THINK about how shadows are made...think about what made you confident in the past...well, you get a pretty neat little "how to" in there.

Distractions. Devils. Details. A "devil" is anything that tempts you to NOT pursue your course of action, it is a distraction. Paraphrase a very famous saying,

"get thee behind me DEVIL"

When the devil (distraction) is behind you, you can't see it can you? So the solution to many problems about following through on a money making idea or concept is to have a very clear vision of what is in front of you...

explained in great detail in the POA and the Diagrigm of Life in the SQ1.

OK.

Do I need to open up a web site just on the SQ1...and all the tools I've accumulated over the years to help people get over their humps? OR is this stuff already out there...like with Joyner's simpleology type stuff, or Anthony Robbins stuff?????

I'm getting the feeling there are more people FLOUNDERING than I imagined, OH, I knew there were the three of you (HA)...

but I think I may have underestimated the NEED for a sound, tested and proven goal setting and GOAL KEEPING and GOAL REACHING materials

maybe something I need to have Ben and Harvey address in the upcoming products????

I don't know. YOU tell me, please? Do you need a workable, realistic goal setting and goal keeping type thing?

Thanks,

Gordon Jay Alexander

-TW January 21, 2008 03:36 PM

Here's the analogy I use in my head...

It's like making rock candy.

1) Heat water up

2) Pour in lots of sugar and disolve it all.

3) Dip string in + wait for it to cool + form crystals on the string.

Here's the thing -- many times we just do steps 1 + 2 -- never continuing on to step 3.

It can't become rock candy, UNTIL YOU PUT THE STRING IN and allow all the elements to 'stick to' the string, and form on the string.

Dip the damn string in -- or nothing's gonna happen!

Cheers!

-- TW

Unregistered January 22, 2008 09:57 AM

Correct...except for one thing....

..."fear"!

Raw, unadulterated "FEAR"!

"Fear of the Unknown"!

"Fear of Failure"!

"Fear that my Ego will get bruised"!

"Fear of the word "NO!"

I was trained to be an "Electrical Engineer". Got a job at GE right outa college. Then, a few weeks after being hired, I discovered I had replaced an engineer who had worked for the company for many years and was about to enter his "vested rights" area...when they fired him and I was the replacement at over half his salary.

I suppose this was a "cost-cutting" move....however...it cause me to wonder if I too...would be let out to pasture, after many years....just before my full retirement rights kicked in....Soooo...when I saw 2 more engineers get the boot....I then decided I was going to hunt for a way to start my own business....and be in charge of MY destiny.

I read every "Opportunity" mag, every Sunday Classified Section I could find.

Then, one day, I saw an ad in the WallStreet J for a "Home Burglar Alarm" a company had developed. Called the Co....received their brochure...took a few days off and flew down and took a close look and decided to become a Distributor and....Start My Own Biz...from my home.

Talk about "Fear"...I was scared outa my drawers! I had 2 babies and a "worried wife".

I had never tried to "Sell" anything before...never tried to "Engage" another person with the goal of "Selling" them a Home Burglar Alarm.

But...I could make contact with prospects in the eve and on weekends Plus, I could keep my job until I was pretty sure I could make it in my own biz.

And I kept saying; "What's The Worst that could happen?" The worst would be...I'd lose the time and money I had invested, and maybe my ego would be bruised BUT....it wouldn't be devastating. I'd still have my "day job"...and I could continue hunting for a way to start my own biz.

My first few attempts at "Making Appointments" and "Giving Presentations" were frightfully sloppy...disorganized BUT....with each contact I learned something...so that, as I stacked up the "No's!"...I got closer to a "Yes!"

And then it happened...about 2 weeks and a dozen presentations...I got my first sale.

I didn't have a clue on how to get the thing installed but I felt I could "learn by doing". So, with the mfgrs help and a lot of chasing around to find someone who had some experience in installing alarms...I got my first job installed. (Also sold 2 neighbors)

I gave my "2 week resignation notice" and I was "on my way".

Today...many years later...I think back and remember how "Freaful" I felt. My stomach was in knots and I had a hard time sleeping BUT....I KNEW I "had to TRY my best to do this".

Today...after many projects, I'm still "selling" products and programs and get a little "uptight" when I start a new one and...if it doesn't work out or I can't "sell" it to someone...I just drop it and go onto something else.

Since most of my projects have to do with sales to business owners....I've noticed that...my best clients are those that have the words "NO Soliciting!" on their front doors.

These words used to cause me to stop and not go in....until I thought, "The worst thing that can happen is, I'd be asked to leave!" And, those words might keep many other "salesmen" from entering...so the business may be less bombarded with sales pitches.

Well....after thousands of sales to businesses with "NO Solicitors!" on their doors...I have yet to be asked to leave any.

So...GJ hit the right words...."ENGAGE!"...."ENGAGE another person"!

Something happens when you don't "engage"...."NOTHING!"

"Ya Don't Know Unless'n Ya Tries!"

Don Alm....long-time "SalesMan"

http://www.midasreports.com
Some of my Home-Based projects

Pappy January 22, 2008 08:44 PM

Hey G.....

I agree with everything you said.... And pretty much everything don said. ;) But I'm going to let in to a little secret of mine. Unless I'm motivated to go out and do the do. I ain't going to do nothing. Excuse my English. The most profitable business's I've owned are due to the fact that I was extremely motivated. Every business that I've pursued with passion has been successful.

Lately, I've come up with some great ideas. I know they would work. Heck I've got one now that could be as big as Google. And I AIN'T JOKING....

But I'm not motivated to pursue it. I guess my attitude has changed over time. Money "use" to motivate me. But not anymore. Money is just a bi-product. I need to have something to bite my teeth in to and it taste good! Something I'm passionate about.

Some how I hope my thinking gives you something to sink your teeth into.
I know there's more people out there like me.... A niche of sorts. So think about motivation as part of the SECRET!

later..
Pappy