SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   THE main thing...99.9 % seem to agree, the exception I know of is... (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4947)

GordonJ March 16, 2008 04:40 PM

THE main thing...99.9 % seem to agree, the exception I know of is...

Ricahrd Dennis. I love Richard, he's doing things the right way. Yet, he is the ONLY successful person I know of that did NOT start out with belief...

As I'm updating the 7 Steps to Freedom work of Benjamin D. Suarez, there are some fascinating studies taking place...here is one of the things I've uncovered.

In Chapter one of the First Step, Ben begins the chapter on SELF-PREPARATION this way:

Develop Self-Confidence and a Positive Self-Image

"This section is probably the most important, perhaps even more importwnt than the techniques of marketing that will follow."

And he goes on to say regarding achieving financial freedom; "...if you don't go in with a winning attitude, you don't have a chance."

Well, Richard is the exception to the rule. Here's why:

In updating this first Step, I've had the opportunity to quiz scores of successful men and women and to a person, every single one of them...believes that your BELIEF is one of, if not THE single most important determining factor of your success.

Ben teaches PREPARATION, and Harvey Brody has spent over two years trying to hammer that concept into my thick skull (it's almost in)...and OH, a note about Harvey...

Have you ever googled your name? Egads there are scores of Gordon Alexanders, some are real nut jobs...then there are the ones that aren't me...HA!

Same with Harvey Brody...NO he isn't the artist too...NO he's never done anything regarding UFO's or any of that nonsense...YES, he is the guy who hosted those early seminars on marketing that everybody and his brother attended back in the 70s and 80s.

Anyhow, the starting point for achieving financial freedom (and some might argue almost any "goal" you set)...is your MINDSET first, and the preparation second.

I'm working with several people on various projects, and getting ready to submit a proposal has been a lot more work than they imagined...but once they do it, once they get the MINDSET in place, and do the foundation building...then things are going to accelerate.

And it is my belief after conferring with so many successful people to do this update, that it is, in 99.9% of instances, critical to have the right mindset...and it is also the reason why so many people fail to reach their goals.

STEP ONE in 7 Steps to Freedom by Benjamin D. Suarez is the shortest chapter, the least words written...yet Ben says it is the most important.

We've had this discussion in the past, but with so many new visitors and members, let's open the floor for further discussion.

What do you thing are the personal traits, attitudes, philosophies and disciplines you must develop to become a successful entrepreneur?

In a word, what MINDSET must you have to achieve your goals?

Since 7 Steps to Freedom II by Benjamin D. Suarez was written, there are some great tools available on the Internet to help you prepare yourself for success. Would you like to share yours?

Thanks,

Gordon Jay Alexander