SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why Donald Trump is the most dangerous man alive today... (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9589)

GordonJ August 17, 2016 10:25 AM

Why Donald Trump is the most dangerous man alive today...

He had a college deferment during the Vietnam War, being on the upper end of the ages which were being drafted back then. By 1968, it was clear that no
"Senator's son" would be running through the jungles of Vietnam when we had so many poor and inner city kids to use up.

He may have known a few people whose names ended up carved in granite, but for the most part, he made no sacrifices.

Trump and the generation born a decade before him, came of age during peace time. Sure, there was the Cold War, but they were too young to serve in Korea, and too old (or deferred) during Vietnam.

Their personal losses on the battlefields were minimal. It makes them trigger happy today.

Trump was briefed on security and asked why we don't use nuclear weapons, a reported THREE times in an hour, he wanted to know why we didn't use the weapons we had.

Someone with no understanding of loss of life during war, like Trump, is cavalier about bombs. About devastation, destruction.

Trump and Putin and Kim Jung-un, three men of the same mind set, why not use what we have??? mentality...makes

Trump is the most dangerous man on the planet. Three men with itchy trigger fingers on the buttons which destroy life on this planet...

Because of this alone, we must put the other turd in office and minimize her damage, and at least try to give our children a future of some sort.

GordonJ

PS. I wrote 30 years ago, this generation born from 1936-46' would be where the men came from who would be the biggest threat to life, because they, as a group...

did NOT have to run through the jungle.

SteveSki August 17, 2016 09:57 PM

Re: Donald Trump discovers the power of the teleprompter.

The most dangerous man alive today gave his first teleprompter speech at a rally in West Bend, WI yesterday. http://rsbn.tv/watch-donald-trump-ra...i-live-stream/ It's one speech that the media hopes nobody sees. So they decided not to talk about it today. Instead they talk about the couple of people Trump added to his campaign team claiming it's a sign of his candidacy unraveling. Good move on their part, but I still don't hear them talking about all of the wonderful things Hillary has accomplished.

Hillary was born in 1947. Six years prior to Sir Edmund Hillary climbing Mt. Everest. You know... the guy she claimed her parents named her after.

Hillary never had to run through the jungle either but she said she had to duck and run for cover when she landed under sniper fire in Bosnia...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZHO1vo762c She voted for the war in Iraq while Trump was against it. She's one of the most Hawkish politicians we've ever had. http://www.inquisitr.com/3021886/why...addafi-emails/

But yet, the mainstream media has been able to convince people that she is a great leader and Trump is dangerous. Trump is indeed very dangerous to the special interests that own Hillary. But he's trigger happy and we need to vote for Hillary.... Really? Why vote for either one?

Please tell me why Hillary should get my vote without bashing her rival. I want to know what she did that was so great and please don't tell me she will do what Obama did in his first term... Invest nearly one Trillion Dollars into shovel ready jobs rebuilding our roads, bridges and airports.

Obama gave 100 million to a Solar Power company that went bankrupt shortly after they took the money. Now Hillary says she will put a lot of Coal miners out of business and invest in more Solar and Wind Power.... Give me a break.

Cheers,
Steve

GordonJ August 18, 2016 08:54 AM

I can't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSki (Post 36965)
The most dangerous man alive today gave his first teleprompter speech at a rally in West Bend, WI yesterday. http://rsbn.tv/watch-donald-trump-ra...i-live-stream/ It's one speech that the media hopes nobody sees. So they decided not to talk about it today. Instead they talk about the couple of people Trump added to his campaign team claiming it's a sign of his candidacy unraveling. Good move on their part, but I still don't hear them talking about all of the wonderful things Hillary has accomplished.

Hillary was born in 1947. Six years prior to Sir Edmund Hillary climbing Mt. Everest. You know... the guy she claimed her parents named her after.

Hillary never had to run through the jungle either but she said she had to duck and run for cover when she landed under sniper fire in Bosnia...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZHO1vo762c She voted for the war in Iraq while Trump was against it. She's one of the most Hawkish politicians we've ever had. http://www.inquisitr.com/3021886/why...addafi-emails/

But yet, the mainstream media has been able to convince people that she is a great leader and Trump is dangerous. Trump is indeed very dangerous to the special interests that own Hillary. But he's trigger happy and we need to vote for Hillary.... Really? Why vote for either one?

Please tell me why Hillary should get my vote without bashing her rival. I want to know what she did that was so great and please don't tell me she will do what Obama did in his first term... Invest nearly one Trillion Dollars into shovel ready jobs rebuilding our roads, bridges and airports.

Obama gave 100 million to a Solar Power company that went bankrupt shortly after they took the money. Now Hillary says she will put a lot of Coal miners out of business and invest in more Solar and Wind Power.... Give me a break.

Cheers,
Steve

Maybe some Hillary supporter would step up.

I can NOT give you any good reason why she should get elected. She is NOT Presidential timber. However, looking across the political landscape, there is a desert of timber to choose from.

My best reason for voting for her (and maybe this would be one way to show our dissatisfaction, is to not cast a vote for either of them?)...

other than saying, she looks like a Jimmy Carter, 4 years and out, hold the fort down, and try not to bring the place down.

Sadly, my option is to bash the candidate with the more destructive agenda. But, if anyone can do a side by side comparison, and show which liar, which thief, which crook would be the better 'President', I'll be happy to examine all the evidence with a blindfold on my eyes and let the scales speak for themselves.

Just my doom and gloom belief, the next two years are critical to the survival of our freedom.

Call one a sh!t head and the other a poopy bird, a cute euphemism, but close your eyes and they both stink equally.

GordonJ

PS. Honestly, I don't know anyone who watches or pays attention to mainstream ( or alternative) news. Even 12 year olds today know it is all "sponsored" and spun and self serving for the those spewing it. And the largest and most watched news network, Fox News, is the MAINSTREAM favorite.

SteveSki August 18, 2016 07:17 PM

Re: I can't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 36966)
Honestly, I don't know anyone who watches or pays attention to mainstream ( or alternative) news. Even 12 year olds today know it is all "sponsored" and spun and self serving for the those spewing it. And the largest and most watched news network, Fox News, is the MAINSTREAM favorite.

If you don't pay attention to the mainstream media or alternative news, then where does one get their propaganda from???

Thanks Gordon, for speaking the truth and not dancing around the issues with the weasel talk that politicians spew. Very Trump like.... Ha...

Let's hope we all survive no matter who becomes president. The trick is realizing you can choose to be happy even if Trump or Hillary wins.

A lot of the alternative news conspiracy folks claim that Obama will be the last president. What do they know that we don't?

http://www.infowars.com/report-us-mo...er-to-ukraine/

Cornell August 19, 2016 02:58 AM

Was I mistaken?

Did I miss something?.....Somewhere not too long ago it seems to me I read in a thread about this forum not going into political dissertations....was it my imagination?

SteveSki August 19, 2016 04:16 AM

Re: Was I mistaken? No but....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornell (Post 36970)
Did I miss something?.....Somewhere not too long ago it seems to me I read in a thread about this forum not going into political dissertations....was it my imagination?

Hi Cornell,

I think that was a couple of years ago when Don Alm was acting like Donald Trump... bashing anyone who didn't agree with his views. Plus it seems no one here is interested in talking about proven, practical ways to make money anymore. So a little civilized debate spice's things up a little, as long as it's not overused.

Say Cornell, I was thinking about you earlier today. Did you build your Geo Dome? How's your rain gutter garden doing? Spring in Australia is almost here so I'll build one or two 10' sections soon. Only 5 gallon buckets here are $20 each so I'll be using grow bags instead of buckets.

Cheers,
SteveSki

GordonJ August 19, 2016 11:34 AM

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornell (Post 36970)

No POLITICAL RANTS.

Civil discussion, has always been allowed from day one.
Disagreements and different points of view also have always been welcomed.

It is when the rant becomes Hate Speech, it violates the rules we set up in 2000.

To my knowledge, there has only been one person edited, moderated and dissuaded from posting his Hate Speech, and he chose to leave rather than abide by the rules of the forum.

We've always discussed politics, mostly as it effects us in business, but we are OK with discussion.

Recently, some members have provided valuable links to resources which shed light on both the roaches running for office.

So, no, not wrong about RANTS, but, discussion/opinion always welcome until it becomes a violation of our "civility" policy.

Gordon Jay Alexander

GordonJ August 19, 2016 11:55 AM

It may be because we are a mature place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSki (Post 36971)
Hi Cornell,

I think that was a couple of years ago when Don Alm was acting like Donald Trump... bashing anyone who didn't agree with his views.

Plus it seems no one here is interested in talking about proven, practical ways to make money anymore.
^^^^^

So a little civilized debate spice's things up a little, as long as it's not overused.

Say Cornell, I was thinking about you earlier today. Did you build your Geo Dome? How's your rain gutter garden doing? Spring in Australia is almost here so I'll build one or two 10' sections soon. Only 5 gallon buckets here are $20 each so I'll be using grow bags instead of buckets.

Cheers,
SteveSki

We may have run our course. Recently, we've had a surge of new readers, have gotten daily visits from two to three times the normal.

Very little engagement. I wrongly assumed some were coming from places where making money was their primary objective.

We accept our busy lives and other interests may have left SowPub a little stale and stagnant, but it was never the main business for either of us.

NOT ready to close it, but maybe being more topical; be it political, entertainment or our new Kardashian pictures section, will entice some newer people to post or some older members to share...even their old stuff, cause it is new to the younger folks.

All we've ever asked in return is a little respect and civility toward all.

GordonJ

Cornell August 19, 2016 04:09 PM

Thanks Steve

Hi Steve:

Thanks for response...understood....not that I was objecting to political but was curious....I closely monitor the political scene across the border....as what happens in the U.S. does have ramifications on us here on their northern border....and to be straight up...Hillary worries me much more than Trump's rambunctious ways.

Yes, I built a 15 foot dome, but Mother Nature apparently had other plans for me - a storm brought down a 60 foot tree and totally obliterated it last year...I haven't rebuilt it as of yet....have been weighing the possibilities of relocating farther north.

Rain Gutter Grow System (RGGS) is flourishing. I am in my 4th season with it and have nothing but praises for it....the Facebook group (27,000 members) has a few members from Australia. While the buckets here are very reasonable I have moved away from them in most cases to using UV resistant totes as well as the grow bags in the kiddie pools. In the event that you might join that group to look around, you won't find my name there as I am going under a nom de plume...only the group owner and one other member knows my true identity.

If you care to take a look....my initial build of the system along with results can be seen at this link - http://www.3buckbetty.com/rggs/garden.html ....I am still using that part of the system along with additional.

Thanks for remembering and asking about the gardening

Cornell

Cornell August 19, 2016 04:25 PM

Re: It may be because we are a mature place.

Hi Gordon:

Yes agree it has stagnated a bit...having been previously involved in forums is not uncommon for initial members to outgrow and drift away, and harder to keep an influx of new members coming forth. A change in venue and content may assist. Unfortunately today's newbies wanting to make money want it overnight so-to-speak....they only stay focused until the next shiny, new opportunity is put in their face, and then they jump on board only to find out it wasn't what it was professed to be.....that and Facebook have put a dent in the forums.

Hopefully new directions (along with the old) will allow SOWPub to continue...would really hate to see it drift away.

Hope this isn't a sore spot, but have to ask out of curiosity...you were perfecting the perfect hot dog....did it materialize?

Thanks.

Cornell