SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The 106 Days of Summer...the good, the bad, the ugly. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10662)

GordonJ May 26, 2020 09:34 AM

The 106 Days of Summer...the good, the bad, the ugly.

And BOOM, just like that 85 degrees on the first day of Summer. I've been talking about how the heat is going to impact the Covid Crisis, that is the ugly and bad news ahead...so I'll focus on the GOOD NEWS.

I am a 90 day at a time sort of guy, with my goal setting and PLANNING. A habit I picked up being on a nuclear powered ballistic missile submarine where we had two crews which would alternate in 90 day cycles.

So, the question is, what will YOU have accomplished, achieved, and attained by SEPTEMBER 7 of this year?

I'm going to be sharing some things, starting later today, have to install a new air conditioner this morning...but we'll take a look at project management, WHITEBOARDS and goal setting for what is going to be a very long HOT and dangerous Summer.

Stay tuned.

Gordon

PS. Other good news will be babies being born, people getting married (signs of HOPE and life as normal), new businesses starting and some of us achieving the success we have conceived.

Glenn May 26, 2020 07:38 PM

495 Visits to my "NEST" on *Medium.com"

Thanks Gordon,

Progress Report on my "Medium" Test.

In 30 days from a dead start I am up to 495 "Views" in 30 days.

(AT THE "Medium" STATS Page - What is ENCOURAGING is two weeks ago _ I used to see NEW VISITORS at 5 or 6 a day. But am Up to 94 Visits or READS a day now.)

Just from using 5 "Key Words" per story.

Key Words have Now Found 3 Stories that have 50 Views each.

34 other Articles - very few.

AND.

I sent an Article to a "Medium Publication" called ILLUMINATION.

Tens of thousands of readers.

Although I am Now LISTED as one of their "Writers".

My WARPED Sense of humor.

And the Fact I am Not allowing the EDITORS at "Medium" to JUDGE my writing.
Politely called "CURATING."

Has Probably Put ME IN the

"Pepe Le Pew" - SKUNK Category.

===

I Want Votes from REAL PEOPLE.

So I know What HEADLINES and ARTICLES To include in my...

"How to Write Like a Billionaire" mp3 Audio Book Series.

Thanks,
Glenn Osborn

P.S. - Something ODD.

One of the "EDITORS" who Look at all Submissions to "ILLUMINATION"
Has subscribed or "Followed" my little Blog Area.

This Article I sent in
Must have Made him CURIOUS.

https://medium.com/@rentamentor_5642...8b734d9b7fc159

Dien Rice May 27, 2020 01:41 AM

Good news...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 40814)
And BOOM, just like that 85 degrees on the first day of Summer. I've been talking about how the heat is going to impact the Covid Crisis, that is the ugly and bad news ahead...so I'll focus on the GOOD NEWS.

I am a 90 day at a time sort of guy, with my goal setting and PLANNING. A habit I picked up being on a nuclear powered ballistic missile submarine where we had two crews which would alternate in 90 day cycles.

So, the question is, what will YOU have accomplished, achieved, and attained by SEPTEMBER 7 of this year?

I'm going to be sharing some things, starting later today, have to install a new air conditioner this morning...but we'll take a look at project management, WHITEBOARDS and goal setting for what is going to be a very long HOT and dangerous Summer.

Stay tuned.

Gordon

PS. Other good news will be babies being born, people getting married (signs of HOPE and life as normal), new businesses starting and some of us achieving the success we have conceived.

HI Gordon,

There's always good and bad news happening, of course...

Sometimes it's not good to focus only on negative stuff...

Occasionally I check out places like these, to find the positive news...

BBC News Uplifting Stories
https://www.bbc.com/news/topics/cx2p...ifting-stories

Today Good News
https://www.today.com/news/good-news

ABC News (Australia) Good News
https://www.abc.net.au/news/good-news/

One thing I am always amazed at is modern medicine...

We're truly living in an age of miracles...

Best wishes,

Dien

Dien Rice May 27, 2020 01:45 AM

Thanks for sharing your experiment!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 40816)
Thanks Gordon,

Progress Report on my "Medium" Test.

In 30 days from a dead start I am up to 495 "Views" in 30 days.

(AT THE "Medium" STATS Page - What is ENCOURAGING is two weeks ago _ I used to see NEW VISITORS at 5 or 6 a day. But am Up to 94 Visits or READS a day now.)

Just from using 5 "Key Words" per story.

Key Words have Now Found 3 Stories that have 50 Views each.

34 other Articles - very few.

AND.

I sent an Article to a "Medium Publication" called ILLUMINATION.

Tens of thousands of readers.

Although I am Now LISTED as one of their "Writers".

My WARPED Sense of humor.

And the Fact I am Not allowing the EDITORS at "Medium" to JUDGE my writing.
Politely called "CURATING."

Has Probably Put ME IN the

"Pepe Le Pew" - SKUNK Category.

===

I Want Votes from REAL PEOPLE.

So I know What HEADLINES and ARTICLES To include in my...

"How to Write Like a Billionaire" mp3 Audio Book Series.

Thanks,
Glenn Osborn

P.S. - Something ODD.

One of the "EDITORS" who Look at all Submissions to "ILLUMINATION"
Has subscribed or "Followed" my little Blog Area.

This Article I sent in
Must have Made him CURIOUS.

https://medium.com/@rentamentor_5642...8b734d9b7fc159

Thanks Glenn for sharing your experience with Medium!

I'm not a member of Medium (yet) - but I plan to join and follow you there... :)

Some of your headlines are definitely compelling!

I haven't read them all yet (I've read some) - I plan to go there and read more of your articles after I post this... :)

I'm really focusing now on new ways to get FREE traffic...

It's really an important topic...

And (while I haven't taken action on it yet), I'm planning to experient with trying to make things go VIRAL...

Medium could be part of the things I'll try... :)

Best wishes,

Dien

Millard Grubb May 28, 2020 01:26 PM

Re: The 106 Days of Summer...the good, the bad, the ugly.

I noticed that you were looking into ways to get traffic. I heard of a method recently that could help.

Make a list of things that are important to you (just a few)

Start keeping files of important things or links or photos.

Now, make a point to post about these things once a day. You'll have people from these various interest groups watching you after a little time has passed.

As far as Instagram is concerned, take photos of things you do when you are out and about and post them.

What all this does is open up different avenues for people to see you... for example... if I was only posting to entertainment groups or magicians, I would be missing out on gardeners. If I was talking about marketing to magicians, I would miss out on restaurants.

But if I want to have people see me as well-rounded.... I need to talk about a wide variety of things in a lot of different venues.

This could help you get traffic from a number of different places, I think.

Eugene May 28, 2020 10:03 PM

Re: The 106 Days of Summer...the good, the bad, the ugly.

Nope, I don't think it's bad. I obviously enjoy the summer. The more interesting for me is to discover the environment with a new decoration which I enjoyed the a lot as a lover of nature.

Dien Rice May 30, 2020 06:49 PM

I was reading about doing SEO today...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millard Grubb (Post 40823)
I noticed that you were looking into ways to get traffic. I heard of a method recently that could help.

Make a list of things that are important to you (just a few)

Start keeping files of important things or links or photos.

Now, make a point to post about these things once a day. You'll have people from these various interest groups watching you after a little time has passed.

As far as Instagram is concerned, take photos of things you do when you are out and about and post them.

What all this does is open up different avenues for people to see you... for example... if I was only posting to entertainment groups or magicians, I would be missing out on gardeners. If I was talking about marketing to magicians, I would miss out on restaurants.

But if I want to have people see me as well-rounded.... I need to talk about a wide variety of things in a lot of different venues.

This could help you get traffic from a number of different places, I think.

Hi Millard,

Thanks for sharing that!

I'm still working out exactly what I will do...

I'll keep that in mind!

I used to be reasonably good at SEO (search engine optimization) back in the "old days"...

Then, they kept changing the algorithm, and I figured out I didn't want to have to keep relearning how to do it all the time...

I was just recently reading some articles from a lady who is apparently quite good at SEO nowadays...

Back then, it was all about getting others to link to you, with specific text in their links...

It sounds like it's not all that different now.

One thing she recommended is asking people with websites to link to you - and giving them something in return...

Not paying them, but maybe a "freebie" of some kind, as a reward...

I've never tried that (or even thought about it)... It's an interesting idea...

(All my in-bound links in the past were purely "organic"... I never asked for them. But that was a long time ago...)

Best wishes!

Dien