SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Make $450 from Homes that sell in your area! (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8458)

midasman April 17, 2013 12:48 AM

Make $450 from Homes that sell in your area!

OK....I got one of my "Hot-Flashes" and I'll share it here;

I've been "Ranking Videos" for service businesses and happened to make a "2 min Home Tour" type Video for a neighbor free of charge. (I used PhotoStory3)

I gave it to the RE Agent selling the house and she was OVER-whelmed! She LOVED it and asked if I could do videos for some of her listings and...what would I charge for each?

Well....I know that RE Agents do NOT like to spend much money UP-front... advertising etc. because if the house doesn't sell...they are out the Up-Front expenses.

I found I could get $150 per Home Tour Video in MY area (avg home now sells for $180,000)

So....the RE charge in my area is 6%. The selling and listing office split this so each gets 3%. An Agent in the selling office gets 1.5% and the Listing Agent in the Listing Office gets 1.5%

However....if the Selling Agent also listed the house...he/she get 3%. So, let's say an Agent sells a house and did not list it. They get $3,000 comm. If the selling agent also listed it...they get $6,000.

So...knowing this I determined that I would "like" to get $500 for each of my Home Tour Videos.....but, knowing I could NOT get $500 UP-Front for my Videos....I thought, "Hey! Why not break my Video Fee into thirds, collecting 1/3 in front and 2/3 when the property sells?

So...on the "average" house, I'd charge $150 initially and another $300 when the property sells for a total of $450 (On larger, pricier properties I'd increase my Video Fees.)

So...I tried this on an Agent today and she responded with; "SOUNDS GOOD TO ME! LET'S DO IT!"

Granted....if the house doesn't sell....I only collected $150 for my efforts. The Agent had to write-off the $150. BUT....if the house sells...I get $450 for each sale.

Now...in an area like Aspen, CO houses sell for a Millyun or more. You'd have to adjust accordingly. So...I'm gonna see how this fits with other RE Agents in my area and....put one of my sales people on the project.

Thus....I took a "problem" (Not getting enough money for my videos)....took a different look at it and came up with a Solution that EVERYONE is happy with; The RE Agent is happy because he/she only pays 1/3 up front...and I am happy because I can now....GET THE JOBS....get paid an initial fee and larger fee when property sells.

Granted....some properties won't sell and I'll only collect $150 but hey.... there's a CHANCE I can collect what I'D like for my efforts.

So....you folks out there "wondering and worrying" about where your next buck is coming from....give this one a go.

I do NOT take the photos! The Agents send me the JPEGS. I pop them into PS3....and email them over. I have taken photos with my digital but it takes too much of my time. I let the Agents send them to me.

And...PS3 makes GREAT "Home Tour" videos with it's "Scanning" and Zooming features. You do NOT need "Animoto" or any expensive video program.

Anyway....I thought I'd share this here. My best to you,

Don Alm

midasman April 17, 2013 06:00 PM

Re: Make $450 from Homes that sell in your area!

WOW! I provide FREE Info on a Unique, NEW, way that almost anyone can make some "serious" money providing "Video Home Tours" to RE Agents and No Response?????????

Maybe because you don't understand what's involved here and why THIS is "Revolutionary"....so I will try and explain;

"VIDEO HOME TOURS"....Sell Homes! THAT is a Proven Fact! and every RE Agent KNOWS it!

A "Video Home Tour" is simply 8 to 12 Photos of the Outside and Inside of a Home....made into a Video (I use PS3 because it makes it to look more like a Video rather than a "Slide" presentation)

When I first did this, I went to a realtor website....clicked on "Agents" and found one who had 15 Homes for sale WITH 10 to 15 PHOTOS of the Homes she had listed. I just "Right-Clicked" on the photos of 1 home....did a "Save As" of each photo and put the photos into a folder on my puter.

I then brought up PS3 and uploaded the photos (jpegs) to PS3 and started a "New Video" starting with outside photos, then inside in line. I used some of PS3s "Scanning & Zooming" on each photo and...used different Transitions to go from 1 photo to the next.

In MY opinion....MY videos with PS3 look almost as good as any Animoto presentation....and Mine is FREE!

I then added a Music background....put a photo of the Listing Agent on the last page, along with her Contact Info (and Mine)...then "burned it to a DVD"

I had already purchased a "Portable DVD Player" from WallyWorld ($89 RCA) Put the DVD into the DVD Player, phoned the Agent and told her I have a way for her to sell her Listings....FAST, and...would she have a "quick minute" for me to Show her?

She agreed. I went over...plunked down my Portable DVD Player on her desk, clicked "Run" and on the screen pops up the House SHE IS TRYING TO SELL!

When it ends she says, "Hey! That looks Great! How much?" I switch the ON button and say, as the Video of HER Listing is runnig again...."$150 in front and $300 WHEN the house sells!"

She pauses...looks down at some papers on her desk....writes down something on a blank pad...looks up and says, "$450 for the Video?"

I....calmly respond with, "Yup! BUT...only $150 initially! The remaing $300 is AFTER the home sells! And...if the home doesn't sell....you don't owe a dime!

She responds with, "I've always wanted to use "Video Home Tours" but they've always been too expensive for me...when I didn't know if I could sell the Listing! If I didn't sell it, I'd be OUT that cash!...so, I've never used these.

YOUR program allows me to make a "small investment" in trying to sell the property and....if I don't sell it, I owe nothing and if it sells, I owe $300?"

"Hey! If I sell the property I have my commission coming in where I can NOW afford to PAY for the Video."

"Sign me up!"

So....I know of NO other "Video-Ographer" or ANYONE offering THIS kind of program to RE Agents.

So....apparently you folks here on SowPub do NOT think this is "Earth-Shattering"! But it is!

I thought I'd let the members here, in on this First...since this is the 1st Forum I participated in when they started waay baack in "OO-OO-O"

Anyway....thanks for your time

Don Alm

Dien Rice April 17, 2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midasman (Post 32650)
So...on the "average" house, I'd charge $150 initially and another $300 when the property sells for a total of $450 (On larger, pricier properties I'd increase my Video Fees.)

So...I tried this on an Agent today and she responded with; "SOUNDS GOOD TO ME! LET'S DO IT!"

Thanks Don,

We need ideas (like these) nowadays! People need other ways (and new ways) to make moolah... To get them back on their feet. So I'm thankful to you for sharing it!

It also shows a great sales idea - people of course are more willing to pay you when it's less risk to them - as you've shown...

Best wishes!

Dien

Dien Rice April 17, 2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midasman (Post 32656)
When it ends she says, "Hey! That looks Great! How much?" I switch the ON button and say, as the Video of HER Listing is runnig again...."$150 in front and $300 WHEN the house sells!"

She pauses...looks down at some papers on her desk....writes down something on a blank pad...looks up and says, "$450 for the Video?"

I....calmly respond with, "Yup! BUT...only $150 initially! The remaing $300 is AFTER the home sells! And...if the home doesn't sell....you don't owe a dime!

She responds with, "I've always wanted to use "Video Home Tours" but they've always been too expensive for me...when I didn't know if I could sell the Listing! If I didn't sell it, I'd be OUT that cash!...so, I've never used these.

YOUR program allows me to make a "small investment" in trying to sell the property and....if I don't sell it, I owe nothing and if it sells, I owe $300?"

"Hey! If I sell the property I have my commission coming in where I can NOW afford to PAY for the Video."

"Sign me up!"

Hey Don,

Thanks again for sharing this idea!

The fact is, when a RE agent sells a home, they get a big fat commission... And if they only have to pay for services afterwards - after the house sells - it reduces their risk! So, it's a great "risk reversal" strategy...

It's "win/win" for the agent too - since, as you say, a video could help attract more buyers... which means it could sell quicker, more easily, and/or for a higher price (if there are negotiations)...

I think you could be on to something here...

Best wishes!

Dien

Robert J. April 18, 2013 11:06 AM

Thanks Dan! Interesting strategy for upfront money PLUS a nice chunk of 'commission' on the back of the sale ... Limits risk for agents a bit ...

LindaC April 18, 2013 03:03 PM

Hi Don,
LindaC here.

Thank you, once again for a great money making
Idea.

At this time i'm working on your Thumbnail idea.

But, I'm going to give this a try also.

Once again your post are a pleasure to read. You are
truely an entrepreneur...

My Best 2 U,
LindaC

insurpro100 April 19, 2013 12:05 AM

Maybe I'm missing something here this isn't a new idea they have videos of all homes on realtor web sites that I've seen at least in Chicago. Appreciate the contribution though.

midasman April 19, 2013 01:39 AM

Maybe in Chi-Town EVERY home Listing has a Video Home Tour, but in the Smaller Towns....nada!!

And....when a Listing Agent receives a Link to a Video on your YT Channel, telling them YOU have created a "Video Home Tour" for them...curiosity gets the cat!

Also...I place "watermarks" on the initial Videos and remove them when the Agent pays the initial fee.

And....for some "strange" reason....when I Googled "Homes For Sale In Winnetka IL"....(an affluent suburb of Chgo)....I could NOT find ONE Video Home Tour.

Now...to give some more details on how to create a "Home Tour Videos", take a look at this Listing;

http://www.callmargaret.com/property...ette-Il-60091/

I simply Right Click on the photos the Agent has....put them into a folder on my pc, upload the photos to PS3, create a Video (I use Transitions and Zoom in & Out), add some music...upload to YT Channel then send Link to Agent.

Note: I have looked at MANY home listings by RE Agents on the North Shore and have NOT found UNO Home Tour Video!

Maybe YOU can find one. And if you do, please post the Link here.

Don Alm

Actually....by placing YOUR Name at the bottom of the Contact Page for the Agent....YOU can pick up other Agents as clients for your Video Home Tours.

-TW April 19, 2013 02:10 AM

Here's a value added bonus you can offer 'em (+ it only costs you $8)...

You can offer them a separate website for the listing, INCLUDING a unique domain name!! In this case... 1918WilmetteAvenueB.com

Site costs nothing (with standard shared hosting plan -- Hostgator), and domain name costs around $8.

Has a HUGE perceived value!!

-- TW

Jason Hatchett April 19, 2013 08:28 AM

Re: Here's one I did for my Mom & stepdad.

http://1473algomaspurrd.com
Their trying to sell it their self so I did a one page site. They just advertise it on craigslist.

Jason